Anthony Schwartz Leaving?

Zeek

12 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I have wondered the same thing the past two seasons.

:dunno:

We don't send him on streaks for 2 reasons. One Gus has to put it into his playbook, and second he has to call it. 

To use a guy like that it doesn't have to be bombs, just open space throws, in the middle or the soft spots. Our OC just doesn't scheme that way. 

I also don't understand why we don't throw slants to Williams. Tall, long strides...one on one. We called some in the Alabama game, but I don't recall one time seeing Williams in the middle of the field on a pass play. That's on Gus....

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Many need to remember Schwartz was been injured or out half of the season so his stats are skewed.  Remember before the season he had surgery on his hand so he had to wear a club.  Very difficult to catch.  And then the Iron Bowl he was injured and out with a leg injury.

Schwartz isn't deciding not to play football anymore because of his utilization, it is due to the Olympics, which we have always known.  Honestly if I were him I would do the Olympics.  That is such a high honor.  And after the Olympics the NFL is still waiting.  He can still live out his dreams in both, even if that means his time with Auburn is cut short.  But to blame that on our program is unfair.

Bro....we all watch the games. Remember the one where he only got 1 touch......One. Our passing game is like city league 5-7 year olds passing tree. 

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Many need to remember Schwartz was been injured or out half of the season so his stats are skewed.  Remember before the season he had surgery on his hand so he had to wear a club.  Very difficult to catch.  And then the Iron Bowl he was injured and out with a leg injury.

Schwartz isn't deciding not to play football anymore because of his utilization, it is due to the Olympics, which we have always known.  Honestly if I were him I would do the Olympics.  That is such a high honor.  And after the Olympics the NFL is still waiting.  He can still live out his dreams in both, even if that means his time with Auburn is cut short.  But to blame that on our program is unfair.

Completely agree.  If he can make the Olympic team, then everything else should be secondary to that.  The Olympics are about as big an honor as you can get.  Plus the nfl will still be there as you said.  Other receivers have done that ... well at least one ... name escapes me

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You do realize that the offense has to get first downs and sustain drives in order for the team to gain time of possession, right?

232 total yards of offense. That is abhorrent.

The offense has to have the ball to gain yards and get first downs. When the defense allows the other team to go on 17 play, eight minute drives the offense doesn't have an opportunity to do much at all.

5 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Completely agree.  If he can make the Olympic team, then everything else should be secondary to that.  The Olympics are about as big an honor as you can get.  Plus the nfl will still be there as you said.  Other receivers have done that ... well at least one ... name escapes me

Bob Hayes, "The world's fastest human." From Florida A&M football to the Olympics to all-pro with the Dallas Cowboys. There may have been others, but I think Hayes was the most notable.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The offense has to have the ball to gain yards and get first downs. When the defense allows the other team to go on 17 play, eight minute drives the offense doesn't have an opportunity to do much at all.

Here's our offensive drives TOP:

1ST QUARTER:

Drive #1)  1:13 (FG set up by the defense interception) 3-0
Drive #2)  0:13 (Iggy kick return for TD) 10-3
Drive #3)  2:25 (5 plays 14 yards Punt) 10-10

2ND QUARTER:

Drive #4)  1:54 (5 plays 21 yards Punt) 10-10
Drive #5)  2:54 (Cannella 37 yard TD) 17-17
Drive #6 ) 0:31 ( 2 plays 0 yards End of Half) 17-24

3rd QUARTER:

Drive #7)  1:59 (3 plays -1 yards Punt) 17-24
Drive #8)  5:15 (Boobie 3 yard TD) 24-24
Drive #9)  2:40 (7 plays 29 yards, Fake Punt on 4th and 8 fails) 24-24

Note: After the fake punt failed, the defense stopped Minnesota on 4th and 1 to get the ball back.

4th QUARTER:

Drive #10)  1:28 (3 plays 4 yards Punt) 24-24
Drive #11)  1:48 (5 plays 15 yards Punt) 24-31 - Auburn's last possession of the game

https://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=401135287

While the defense was certainly a let down and struggled to stop Minnesota, our offense only had 1 drive longer than 2:54 the ENTIRE game. The defense not only had to contend with Minnesota playing keep away by eating up clock, our offense compounded the issue by not having long drives to give the defense more rest. 

The fake punt was a turning point in the game. It flipped the field position in Minnesota's favor. Even though the defense made a stand and stopped Minnesota on 4th and 1, our offense promptly responded by going 3 AND OUT and giving the ball right back to Minnesota and putting the defense back on the field after they had just stopped Minnesota on 4th down the previous drive.

Why should the fastest player in college football come back and risk injury to be thrown 5 and 10 yard out patterns?

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Wait, our offense wasn't allowed to get the ball back after Minnesota's possessions? We should probably get somebody to look into that.

Seriously dude. You're starting to have major breakdowns in basic thought processes. this has nothing to do with football. You are demonstrating the intellectual capacity of a toddler. The amount of time the other team has the ball does not affect our offense's ability to operate whatsoever. That's not a thing. The maximum number of possessions that our defense could possibly cost our offense by allowing the other team to stay on the field to long is 1. Uno. In a game where our offense tallied less than 250 yards and 20 points- to include turning a gift-wrapped touchdown, courtesy of our defense, into a field goal- you really need to find something else to whine about.

On 1/1/2020 at 10:20 PM, tigerman1186 said:

I've said it before....if he's one of the fastest college players, why didn't we ever send him on a streak at least once ever game???? I'd take my chances with him out running the coverage....wouldn't you???

We are saving him for later....

Reminds me of "Bullet" Bob Hayes playing for the Cowboys....dude didn't have a football background, but Landry sure found a way to utilize his speed and skills.

Whelp,  sure dated myself there  😂

21 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Olympics or NFL.......I'm taking NFL.  

7 hours ago, CCTAU said:

We are saving him for later....

He would have a package, right?

On 1/2/2020 at 9:40 AM, Mikey said:

The offense might have bailed them out, at least into an OT but we'll never know. 17 plays, eight minutes and 38 seconds of ball control by Minnesota to end the game took away any chance the offense might have had to either succeed or fail. The first half was much the same, with AU having the ball only a few minutes. I will say that the offense looked entirely not-ready to take the field after the early interception. It was like: "Hey, we aren't warmed up yet, don't get a turnover so early in the game."

Had the offense looked like crap all day and keep putting the defense back in the field. The defense gave them a turnover deep in gopher territory and the offense went 3 and out. Anne even then the offense only gave up much lower than Minnesota’s average . The skunk in the game was the offense plain and simple . 

5 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Had the offense looked like crap all day and keep putting the defense back in the field. The defense gave them a turnover deep in gopher territory and the offense went 3 and out. Anne even then the offense only gave up much lower than Minnesota’s average . The skunk in the game was the offense plain and simple . 

Both sides stunk it up and Minnesota flat out wanted it more...you could see it in their effort on every play....I really don’t know what to think of this game. It’s like Auburn wanted to roll their helmet out there and win it..

6 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The skunk in the game was the offense plain and simple . 

Minnesota had over 37 minutes time of possession. That happened because the AU defense couldn't get stops. Both sides were bad, but the defense is the unit with the stars, talent and experience. They should have set the pace and instead they got shoved around.

On 1/3/2020 at 6:29 AM, McLoofus said:

Wait, our offense wasn't allowed to get the ball back after Minnesota's possessions? We should probably get somebody to look into that.

Seriously dude. You're starting to have major breakdowns in basic thought processes. this has nothing to do with football. You are demonstrating the intellectual capacity of a toddler. The amount of time the other team has the ball does not affect our offense's ability to operate whatsoever. That's not a thing. The maximum number of possessions that our defense could possibly cost our offense by allowing the other team to stay on the field to long is 1. Uno. In a game where our offense tallied less than 250 yards and 20 points- to include turning a gift-wrapped touchdown, courtesy of our defense, into a field goal- you really need to find something else to whine about.

The point he's ignoring is...what was stopping our offense from being able to have their own sustained drives against this very mediocre defense? I think the guy is trolling to a degree, but if he was serious and tried asking himself that, I think it'd make him delete his earlier posts lol

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The point he's ignoring is...what was stopping our offense from being able to have their own sustained drives against this very mediocre defense? I think the guy is trolling to a degree, but if he was serious and tried asking himself that, I think it'd make him delete his earlier posts lol

What part of this statement of mine is too complicated for you to comprehend? " Both sides were bad, but the defense is the unit with the stars, talent and experience. They should have set the pace and instead they got shoved around."

On 1/3/2020 at 3:21 PM, NorthGATiger said:

Olympics or NFL.......I'm taking NFL.  

i think he is using the Olympics to train for the NFL. 🙊

Classic case of both sides being right. But one side is more right...

Both the offense and defense can be blamed, and both sides performed poorly. However, for me at least, the difference is this: the offense has a pattern of behavior over the course of the year and once again stunk up the place, while the defense has been a bright spot all season and gets the grace on this particular performance. Particularly remembering that we have three draft picks on that defense that just needed to escape healthy to make millions of dollars. One could project that each played hard but also smart. 

17 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Both the offense and defense can be blamed, and both sides performed poorly. However, for me at least, the difference is this: the offense has a pattern of behavior over the course of the year and once again stunk up the place, while the defense has been a bright spot all season and gets the grace on this particular performance. Particularly remembering that we have three draft picks on that defense that just needed to escape healthy to make millions of dollars. One could project that each played hard but also smart. 

I literally prayed before the game that we would have no injuries. If DB or MD had gone down I would have shed a lot of tears. 

Totally unrelated:

I want someone to gather data about what number commits the most total infractions (not penalty yards, just number of infractions) across FBS NCAA football for the year. 

ex: if player “X” is #65 and he commits a hold, then #65 gets a “1.” Which number is the unluckiest...so to speak...err write. 

On 1/4/2020 at 9:08 AM, Mikey said:

What part of this statement of mine is too complicated for you to comprehend? " Both sides were bad, but the defense is the unit with the stars, talent and experience. They should have set the pace and instead they got shoved around."

They played one of the better pass blocking OLs in football and one of the best receiving duos. Minnesota had one above average defender on their whole team. It doesn’t matter which side had more stars, it matters which side has a tougher task. You wouldn’t say that it’s up to the defense to “set the pace” vs 2019 Alabama (if you had sense)...it’s up to the offense to do that and for the defense to do justenough 

16 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Yup. This is obvious to anyone who doesn't have an agenda or a narrative into which they're trying to reshape reality.

Image result for clown gif

Archived