Besides Kodi & Grimes

dyehardfanAU

15 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Fair enough.  Are we recruiting upper tier SEC level WRs consistently?  No flame, just curious what people think.

I'd say that we've recruited above Auburn standards for most of Gus's time here.

By SEC Big 6 standards? Slayton is looking good for the Giants... after going in the fifth round and begging people to believe that he could do more than run deep routes. Seth looks legit. After that...

Image result for shrug gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'd say that we've recruited above Auburn standards for most of Gus's time here.

By SEC Big 6 standards? Slayton is looking good for the Giants... after going in the fifth round and begging people to believe that he could do more than run deep routes. Seth looks legit. After that...

Image result for shrug gif

One of the many many problems. We have the WR talent but of course do we showcase them?! NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Lets keep running in to the  waiting arms of DL up the gut!!!! lol.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

One of the many many problems. We have the WR talent but of course do we showcase them?! NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Lets keep running in to the  waiting arms of DL up the gut!!!! lol.

That's always the asterisk. We rarely know what kind of talent we actually have on offense.

40 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Fair enough.  Are we recruiting upper tier SEC level WRs consistently?  No flame, just curious what people think.

I think we are. Will we ever get to know for real though? No. Not as long as Gus is our coach. We are one of the worst passing teams in the country. Which is a shame because the strength of our team the past 2 seasons I would say on the offense is the WR group. Do they get a chance to showcase their talents? Of course not. Got to keep running that dive play!!!

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's always the asterisk. We rarely know what kind of talent we actually have on offense.

I would point out Chad loves to sling the ball around a lot more than Gus! I would say He uses the TE a lot. Why bother?! We all know nothing will change. It will be the same ol ish next season just like every season. Nothing ever changes. Not even the talking points and the same ol arguments and debate!!! But can you blame us?!?! Every game basically plays out the same the past 7 years! lol. I would trot out the groundhog Bill Murray gif but I have beat the poor poor horse to death haha.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would point out Chad loves to sling the ball around a lot more than Gus! I would say He uses the TE a lot. Why bother?! We all know nothing will change. It will be the same ol ish next season just like every season. Nothing ever changes. Not even the talking points and the same ol arguments and debate!!! But can you blame us?!?! Every game basically plays out the same the past 7 years! lol. I would trot out the groundhog Bill Murray gif but I have beat the poor poor horse to death haha.

No such thing as too much of the GOAT

Related image

Gotta have a cleansing and it begins with Gus. I went to Tampa and watched that shat show of an offense that he says is his. He has to go!

10 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

Gotta have a cleansing and it begins with Gus. I went to Tampa and watched that shat show of an offense that he says is his. He has to go!

I'm sorry you wasted your money on that.  I haven't spent a dime on seeing AU football since 2015 though I do make it over for several basketball games each year.

Does it make me a bad person if I keep coming to the board hoping to see that we’ve shown Grimes to door? I hate see somebody lose their job......but damn I want JB to lose his AU job, lol

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Same for QB2 when QB1 needs some bench time.  Maybe....just maybe QB2 (who supposedly was neck & neck w/ QB1) would have proven to have been....oh, I don't know....."better" than QB1 in a real game situation with the *full offense?  Maybe?  But.....we'll never know. 

*Note: Get all 3 pages instead of just the 3 plays dog-eared for him.

16 hours ago, Apraser99 said:

Let me ask you a question since you were there. I couldn't tell watching it on tv.

Could you tell when it was obvious passing downs or plays, if you noticed WRs running slants or post patterns or even sitdown curls in zone coverages? It seemed like Gus went back to calling pass plays only to the edges most of the time.

If it wasn't a back shoulder throw or a jump ball, or a pass to the edges to Schwartz or Hastings...then I didn't see anything else. 

And the pass to Sal was simply on a broken play...

Until the O line gets upgraded with better recruiting, better development and better coaching nothing is going to change.  When you have to go out chasing after JC players and grad transfers every year you know something is missing in your recruiting and development.  When our all senior OL gets their asses handed to them by a DL coached by a first year coaching staff that was just trying to make do with what they inherited you know you have a problem.  But Gus just can’t see it.  He’s too busy trying to figure out how to trick someone rather than how line up and kick butt.  

Caddy has done better than anyone believed he could do on the recruiting trail. ANYONE who says they expected him to do as well as he has on the trail is lying. 

That being said... for the love of everything holy he needs to can that little hop the RBs do before they get a handoff. It gives the run away EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. 

He has been an absolute monster on the recruiting trail, and he IS a new coach... that little move may have worked when he coached high school ball...but it certainly does not work at this level. 

25 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Caddy has done better than anyone believed he could do on the recruiting trail. ANYONE who says they expected him to do as well as he has on the trail is lying. 

That being said... for the love of everything holy he needs to can that little hop the RBs do before they get a handoff. It gives the run away EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. 

He has been an absolute monster on the recruiting trail, and he IS a new coach... that little move may have worked when he coached high school ball...but it certainly does not work at this level. 

I believe that hop was there before Caddy got there, so I assume that is a Gus' way he wants the RBs to do presnap. 

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I believe that hop was there before Caddy got there, so I assume that is a Gus' way he wants the RBs to do presnap. 

Yes...Dyer, Mason, etc hopped as well.  That's a Gus thing too....

14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Strikes again.  In so many ways.

Image result for captain obvious football

10 hours ago, steeleagle said:

10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

No guys. This is a Caddy thing. They lift their leg before they get the handoff. I'll find the article if need be but I KNOW that i cant be the only person on this site who knows what I'm talking about... 

Oh well... I'll find the link. 

14 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Until the O line gets upgraded with better recruiting, better development and better coaching nothing is going to change.  When you have to go out chasing after JC players and grad transfers every year you know something is missing in your recruiting and development.  When our all senior OL gets their asses handed to them by a DL coached by a first year coaching staff that was just trying to make do with what they inherited you know you have a problem.  But Gus just can’t see it.  He’s too busy trying to figure out how to trick someone rather than how line up and kick butt.  

I wish it was as simple as just upgrading the OL talent/coaching, but I'm afraid the offensive problems we have under Gus run deeper than that. The scheme, offensive gameplanning and general level of offensive coaching are poor. Stidham spent two years here and never learned how to keep his eyes downfield under pressure or take a hit to deliver the football. Bo doesn't really seem to have improved in any meaningful way this year and is still throwing the wrong routes at times and rolling out as soon as he gets the snap. Slayton was apparently an excellent receiver but never really looked much better than average in his time here because all we threw to him were deep balls.  I could go on, but the point is the whole offense is consistently failing to get it done on some fundamental levels.  Gotta change the head coach before this mess gets any better.

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

No guys. This is a Caddy thing. They lift their leg before they get the handoff. I'll find the article if need be but I KNOW that i cant be the only person on this site who knows what I'm talking about... 

Lol it's just you fam. I saw you bring this to the rant. You have been tortured by Gus predictable tendencies long enough to know our RBS have been doing this since the days of Gus as a OC here. This is Def not anything new.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol it's just you fam. I saw you bring this to the rant. You have been tortured by Gus predictable tendencies long enough to know our RBS have been doing this since the days of Gus as a OC here. This is Def not anything new.

It is. I'll find the article or video. I asked over there because I saw them talking about it just the other day.

7 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

LOL!

Yeah, you may be the only guy here who knows what you're talking about.

I sure never know what blather I'm going to spew forth.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It is. I'll find the article or video. I asked over there because I saw them talking about it just the other day.

hahahaha I would not worry to much about it. Whoever said that DEF sent you down the rabbit hole in a wild goose chase lol because regardless of what a recent article might have said about Caddy getting our current RBs to do this the earliest I remember anyone doing that is def Dyer a decade ago!!!!  UGHHHHH It drove me crazy then and has kept driving me crazy with every AU RB SINCE!!!! Just another predictable Gus tendency. Though this is the oldest!!! Now don't you go having all the fun without us!!!! SHARE! SHARE!! SHARE!!! bahaha

grer.gif

uiuiui.gif

45 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha I would not worry to much about it. Whoever said that DEF sent you down the rabbit hole in a wild goose chase lol because regardless of what a recent article might have said about Caddy getting our current RBs to do this the earliest I remember anyone doing that is def Dyer a decade ago!!!!  UGHHHHH It drove me crazy then and has kept driving me crazy with every AU RB SINCE!!!! Just another predictable Gus tendency. Though this is the oldest!!! Now don't you go having all the fun without us!!!! SHARE! SHARE!! SHARE!!! bahaha

grer.gif

uiuiui.gif

Yeah I'm just going to say you guys are right. 

Through looking for this... I've literally spent HOURS trying to find it... 

In doing so, I've seen people as far back as "Squirrelboy" Ontario Mccaleb saying Gus gives the run away because the RBs give a little jump before hand. 

What I'm talking about isnt really a jump, but I remember seeing a video after Carnell was hired... it was either about Kam Martin or Boobee... and it talked about a new thing Carnell had started our RBs to do... it was a leg hike before either the snap or the handoff... it was supposed to slow or RBs down at the line to allow them to see the holes that would be created... basically to help with vision...

I KNOW that I saw a video that said this... either before or after spring practice...

But for the life of me I cant find it... If i had an army of interns i would task them on finding what I'm talking about...because I feel like I am going crazy... I KNOW that I saw that... 

But like I said, people HAVE complained about the jump since McCaleb was on the roster... 

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yeah I'm just going to say you guys are right. 

Through looking for this... I've literally spent HOURS trying to find it... 

In doing so, I've seen people as far back as "Squirrelboy" Ontario Mccaleb saying Gus gives the run away because the RBs give a little jump before hand. 

What I'm talking about isnt really a jump, but I remember seeing a video after Carnell was hired... it was either about Kam Martin or Boobee... and it talked about a new thing Carnell had started our RBs to do... it was a leg hike before either the snap or the handoff... it was supposed to slow or RBs down at the line to allow them to see the holes that would be created... basically to help with vision...

I KNOW that I saw a video that said this... either before or after spring practice...

But for the life of me I cant find it... If i had an army of interns i would task them on finding what I'm talking about...because I feel like I am going crazy... I KNOW that I saw that... 

But like I said, people HAVE complained about the jump since McCaleb was on the roster... 

I'm confident that you're right.  ....or it's the Mandella Effect, LOL!

I just thought you were talking about the infamous bunny hop they do.

Archived