Besides Kodi & Grimes

dyehardfanAU

On 1/1/2020 at 6:25 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

What position coaches do we need to replace?  Is Porter worth his spot?  What does Woodson do on the recruiting trail for us?

We need some upgrades in both coaching ability but more importantly recruiting ability. 

The next few years are going to be poor to middling across both lines because of the last 3-5 classes neglecting them.

Porter is a great recruiter. He’s the TE coach. He’s ok. 

Cant be serious about Woodson. 

Kodi is s bigger fraud than JB. At least JB can coach a little. Kodi is awful at coaching and his recruiting is MEH. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Porter is a great recruiter. He’s the TE coach. He’s ok. 

Cant be serious about Woodson. 

Kodi is s bigger fraud than JB. At least JB can coach a little. Kodi is awful at coaching and his recruiting is MEH. 

In watching games, Seth Williams seems to be frustrated at times, any insight?

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kid is a talent. No question about that. But his effort at times is awful. 

It has been said by one of the beat writers....I believe either Jay G or Brandon Marcello (don't quote me) that he is a little different type of dude. I have seen that frustration at some point in every game. Sometimes it appears it is pointed at Gus, others at Bo, others at Refs, and sometimes himself. I have also witnessed those plays he just seems to take a very lackadaisical approach to. It is baffling. 

He is a freak talent and I hope he improves his attitude more than anything for his JR year and I think he, along with an improved Bo will be the first 1,000 yard WR at Auburn in well over a decade.

Seth Williams looks to me like about half the WR1 prototypes out there. Receivers and cornerbacks, man. They just tend to be a different, very mercurial breed. 

47 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It has been said by one of the beat writers....I believe either Jay G or Brandon Marcello (don't quote me) that he is a little different type of dude. I have seen that frustration at some point in every game. Sometimes it appears it is pointed at Gus, others at Bo, others at Refs, and sometimes himself. I have also witnessed those plays he just seems to take a very lackadaisical approach to. It is baffling. 

He is a freak talent and I hope he improves his attitude more than anything for his JR year and I think he, along with an improved Bo will be the first 1,000 yard WR at Auburn in well over a decade.

You forgot to add 1 more requirement for him to be a 1,000 yard WR.

He needs better pass plays and pass options called. Without that he will continue to come up short.

On 1/1/2020 at 6:25 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

What does Woodson do on the recruiting trail for us?

All the DBs & Mississippi boys we landed the past 2 years plus has us in the thick of it with McKinnley Jackson.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Seth Williams looks to me like about half the WR1 prototypes out there. Receivers and cornerbacks, man. They just tend to be a different, very mercurial breed. 

Exactly. This is a trip. He gets frustrated when he's beating his guy and sits wide open and don't get the ball, like every good player. 

We use the lame effort thing on every number 1 good wr we have

WR isn't about position coaching. You recruit the guys with the most talent, then you have to actually have an offense. It's really that easy, oh you have to play the best guys too but only the worst coaches would mess that up....

The thing with Seth goes both ways for me. And I totally get that he's a different cat. And I love Seth btw but why are we in a position that our WRs even feel like quitting on their routes when the first read isn't to them? This is awful coaching by Gus that anyone not involved in the initial read feels like they won't be involved in the play to the point where they quit. This isn't 100% on Seth, because this goes back several years with maaannnyyy WRs doing the same thing.

BUT...

Then after the 2nd time it happens where Nix targets Seth on a play when he's not the the primary and has to "wake up" while the ball is in the air WHY does Seth continue to lollygag through routes when it's become clear that Bo is is liable to deviate from Gus' 1st read at any moment? That is on Seth. Bo doesn't lock himself into what Gus tells him all the time -- the Eli Stove TD vs Oregon, the multiple times Bo targeted Seth when Seth was half assing his route, etc.

Also, can anyone elaborate on how Kodi bungled the Pickens recruitment? I see people mention he accidentally texted Pickens' mom. Can anyone provide any details? I'm very curious.

If Auburn has any hopes of signing 5 star WR's in the future, Malzahn has to get rid of Kodi and hire a real WR coach and recruiter.

Hate to admit it but I agree with WDE about CKB. Now that we have our OL coach I think WR coaching is our weakest link. Maybe CCM and CGM can let go of OL and help Kodi.

Why don't Gus and coach Steele go talk to Tee Martin about becoming our WR coach. Though he played at Tennessee, Tee is from Mobile. Heck, remember coach Steele also played at Tennessee. Although Gus may not won't to hire him again, but another top WR coach would be Dameyune Craig.

Archived