George Pickens

twilli13

We held a spot for Pickens because he is just that damned good. We knew he was sketchy but we had to take a chance on that kind of talent. The reaction from our players after the flip showed what kind of dude he is and how he handled his business, but it doesn't diminish his talent. I'm convinced that we're better off without him because it's not like we'd ever maximize his talent here anyway, and I'm still convinced that he doesn't finish his career at uga, but if I'm picking teams for one game? Yeah, I'm'a pick that kid without even thinking about it. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, cole256 said:

We have a QB that has trouble going to a #2 read....what makes him any different than the guys who play here? Trying to villainsize kids isn't going to help us

I'll confess I had to look that one up.  

He is a very talented receiver but I’m not convinced he is worth the attitude and turmoil internally and externally that he brings. 

On 1/1/2020 at 9:19 PM, twilli13 said:

True, but Uga. Anyone but them. My hatred for that school has no bounds.....

I understand.... 

On 1/1/2020 at 10:00 PM, tigerman1186 said:

Let's move on from him....

Who? Kodi? I agree who should Gus hire?

On 1/2/2020 at 8:24 AM, Eagle-1 said:

So am I friend, but reality set in for me as far back as 2015. Actually the warning signs about Gus were there in 2013, his best year. Even then he continued to run basically the same play over, and over into 8, and 9 man fronts. The only difference between then, and now is in 2013 he had a unique blend of talent that allowed him to get away with it. I tried to tell several people back then not to expect those type results every year from his offense, however I will admit that I had no idea if he would change anything once those guys were gone. A couple of seasons later I had my answer. I may be one of the first passengers off the Gus Bus, if I was ever really truly on it anyway. The putrid performance yesterday was a shining example of the ineptness of Gus's offensive scheme, or lack thereof.

Oh I hear. The latter part of 2014 and then definitely 2015 shined the light on things for me. I realized he was not a great coach in 14 and then honestly felt like as an offensive guru he was a complete fraud after 2015. I've realized he was mediocre years ago but it never gets any easier. Especially when you grew up in Georgia and for the first 25 or so years of my life we were the better program, but the last 14 or so they completely own us. Gus is a huge part of that. I dont see my anger completely resolving until we get this ship turned around. 

Archived