Null



Sign in to follow this  
tigerman1186

Who's worth more?

Recommended Posts

I'd rather give Coach Bruce Pearl a $45 million contract and let him coach baskets and football...guys seem to play hard for him???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




But Gus’players love him and he loves Auburn and his players NEVER give up on him.

🥰

Edited by keesler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going with Golf due to his like of hockey and women's beach volleyball. Bird is valuable don't get me wrong, but Golf has those intangibles that are natural and can't be developed.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

I'd rather give Coach Bruce Pearl a $45 million contract

Image result for emperor thumbs up gif

Quote

 and let him coach baskets and football

Image result for emperor thumbs up gif

Quote

guys seem to play hard for him???

What @keesler said. Gus has major problems. This isn't one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

I'd rather give Coach Bruce Pearl a $45 million contract and let him coach baskets and football...guys seem to play hard for him???

I agree about Bruce being the one to get paid. Worth every penny.

What Gus does best is keep the program clean and have players that love him. Not worth 7 million, but it's one of his few good traits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Bama and Uga fan asked me my thoughts about Gus on NYE. I love the clean program he runs and the players love him/their coaches.

I wish AU would give him a low base salary with an insane bonus for winning each game, becoming bowl eligible, making the playoffs, making/winning championships... so that he literally would be coaching for his job each game. The insane structure could add up to $49M or whatever is it each year, but you have to make it there first. 
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

A Bama and Uga fan asked me my thoughts about Gus on NYE. I love the clean program he runs and the players love him/their coaches.

I wish AU would give him a low base salary with an insane bonus for winning each game, becoming bowl eligible, making the playoffs, making/winning championships... so that he literally would be coaching for his job each game. The insane structure could add up to $49M or whatever is it each year, but you have to make it there first. 
 

 

I approve this message. 😁

If incentives work with CGM, then let's scatter, smother, cover, and chop a few in that direction. How I wish a redo clause had been included in the original contract that would require compensation to the program for avoidable losses. Whew, can of worms, but we are both rightfully lamenting the one-sidedness of this demon contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ToraGirl said:

I approve this message. 😁

If incentives work with CGM, then let's scatter, smother, cover, and chop a few in that direction. How I wish a redo clause had been included in the original contract that would require compensation to the program for avoidable losses. Whew, can of worms, but we are both rightfully lamenting the one-sidedness of this demon contract. 

I like Gus and I LOVE the fun games (2019 Iron Bowl and 2017 uga were some of my favs)...BUT I don’t think he’s incentivized by money. At least not like some people think on here. I think it’s more of a pride/keep my job sort of thing because he always seems to have his “flashes of brilliance” when it feels like his job is on the line. It’s so frustrating. I legit feel if they said, “hey, we are going to buy you out or you can stay and coach, but we amend your contract” he would do the later (if the changes weren’t like $100k salary). AND THAT SOUNDS CRAZY, but he’s different. 
 

But with Greene in the mix now, I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a new coach next year. I don’t think it will happen, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AidiAU said:

I like Gus and I LOVE the fun games (2019 Iron Bowl and 2017 uga were some of my favs)...BUT I don’t think he’s incentivized by money. At least not like some people think on here. I think it’s more of a pride/keep my job sort of thing because he always seems to have his “flashes of brilliance” when it feels like his job is on the line. It’s so frustrating. I legit feel if they said, “hey, we are going to buy you out or you can stay and coach, but we amend your contract” he would do the later (if the changes weren’t like $100k salary). AND THAT SOUNDS CRAZY, but he’s different. 
 

But with Greene in the mix now, I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a new coach next year. I don’t think it will happen, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did. 

I'll stand with you. I'll choose to believe in sooner rather than later. The longer "once-unlikely basketball" soars under a motivational, endearing coach , the greater the writing will be on the wall for football.

For whatever the reason for the ineptness...his particular contract should have been worded to protect the university as well. 

How many who are in over their head know when to fold up and will follow through to do it? Less and less in the money age. For all of his strengths, he is also seemingly scared, prideful, obtuse...or something I have--rarely--no words to describe...and very, very well provided for and protected under the current arrangement...as is his staff, which has dawned on me a lot lately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gus is technically worth more because this program markets (and is branded publicly) as a football program. No matter how good Auburn b-ball is, that paradigm will likely never shift enough

BP is worth more in the sense he’s keeping Auburn fans happy when they think athletics (sorry baseball and equestrian) and is a far more likeable face of our athletics. Auburn has definitely done a lot to position him as the guy, when it comes time to speak about Auburn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this