Why We Lost—According to the Defense

Potatooooooes!!

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

It's not like most of us haven't tried to be supportive of Gus either. Every season we start off with a clean slate with some variable to give us hope. It could be a new OC, a new QB, a returning QB, a returning OC, Gus taking the reins back, etc. Then reality sets in before September is over that it's the same ole same ole same ole and it's just hard to keep the faith. How some do not see what the problem is is beyond me. Gus is the one constant in all of these seasons. We constantly hear execution as the excuse. Please tell me how LSU, Clemson and other contenders are identifying the recruits who can execute but we are signing a top ten class who is unable to. It's not the players, people, it's the coach. I'll give the Gus Bus riders this, we could be in worse shape, but that is not a silver lining, it's fools gold. 

It drives me crazy when people say that other fans want Gus to fail. That is inaccurate. In their minds, he has already failed. What they want is the shortest route possible to the inevitable change that would give us hope of success where we now only have expectations of continued mediocrity. 

It's super simple and I'm sure they'd understand it if they actually wanted to. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Assigning one "reason" to any of our losses THIS season is bizarre (or more likely Malzahn Derangement Syndrome) but if we must, only Minnesota loss was due mainly to coaching. Coaches had us ready for LSU and our D outplayed LSUs vaunted O - only an insane number of holding non calls on key plays cost us that 3 point road loss. UF was also a terrific game plan and if I'm Seth I want to transfer after that game - TDs chances were there for Bo to take. If HALF the blatant UF holds on brown & Davidson are called we probably win (Brown tripping over a blade of grass notwithstanding). UGa game is longer discussion but execution (and again officiating) were as dicey as the coaching.

After 7 yrs of the same old crap, I can no longer find the will or energy to blame refs for the mounted losses this staff sustains every single year.  

Every season is bizarre in some form or fashion and excuses flow like water from fans in an effort to cope with the consistent deficiencies of the HC.  I don't thing I've ever seen a fan base consistently throw out a myriad of excuses in order to try to explain why a top 5 paid staff can't for the life of them string together back to back 9 win seasons.  It's unfathomable in today's world of 12 game regular seasons that this crew can not achieve that minimal benchmark. :angry:

11 minutes ago, keesler said:

After 7 yrs of the same old crap, I can no longer find the will or energy to blame refs for the mounted losses this staff sustains every single year.  

Every season is bizarre in some form or fashion and excuses flow like water from fans in an effort to cope with the consistent deficiencies of the HC.  I don't thing I've ever seen a fan base consistently throw out a myriad of excuses in order to try to explain why a top 5 paid staff can't for the life of them string together back to back 9 win seasons.  It's unfathomable in today's world of 12 game regular seasons that this crew can not achieve that minimal benchmark. :angry:

Meanwhile, LSU goes immediately from "pretty good SEC team" to "let's try to put this into historical context" simply by... letting somebody introduce some new ideas into the passing game. Orgeron and Ensminger enabled an offense that their players and fans will tell their grandkids about by relinquishing some control and letting the new guy do his job.

*long exhale*

I'd better find something else to think about now. 

On 1/15/2020 at 8:23 AM, McLoofus said:

It drives me crazy when people say that other fans want Gus to fail. That is inaccurate. In their minds, he has already failed. What they want is the shortest route possible to the inevitable change that would give us hope of success where we now only have expectations of continued mediocrity. 

It's super simple and I'm sure they'd understand it if they actually wanted to. 

The sad part. Gus is likely gonna pull off a good season this year by the skin of his teeth but lose the big one. And AU is gonna offer him a raise and another 6 yr contract. and Gus goes back to a 7-5 . 6-6. He dont have that "thing" that refuses to lose. He is just fine with being just good enough.

Archived