tigerman1186

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

There is a direction planned?!

dssda.gif

3 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Different eras, different situations, stupid comparisons.

It's your comparison.  Malzahn has it as hard as any AU coach in history. You have no argument, which is clear because you refuse to make one.  You and the rest of your "I hate Gus, all the time on every thread" crowd are one trick ponies.  I expect more than one of you is a bammer.  But what the heck...

3 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Those are whippings. Tell me how many games Dye or Bowden lost by not knowing how football works?

Several.  I was at FSU 34, AU 6 in Jordan Hare in the fall of 87. Next!

3 hours ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I've never set a specific standard that I can recall on this board.

I have, 9 wins is the minimum. Repeatedly. And when it's not 9, it's 10.

3 hours ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Name the last coach not named Chizik recruiting at this level. It's not that 4 losses are unacceptable, it's the consistent 4 loss seasons.

Consistent? Our team has finished several seasons decimated by injury.  You guys only give that excuse (injuries!) when explaining why AU whipped another team. Malzahn is here and he is gonna be here at least another year. Get used to it.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Forgive us for wanting to take that next step and not continuously live in...

Blah, blah, blah go the Fighting 101st Keyboarders.  News for you: What I write or what you write on a message board makes zero difference.  You may as well get behind  the team and the coaches. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Name the last Auburn coach to make top 10 money, have top 10 facilities, have a top 10 brand, or the capability of perennial top 10 classes? I'll wait.

Keep waiting while I keep waiting for a question that is not begging. (See logical fallacies.)

Sorry...but those things are not just true for AU. Look at the SEC West and East. Look at D1 FBS in general. You do not have a point. You think you do, but you don't.

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

Keep waiting while I keep waiting for a question that is not begging. (See logical fallacies.)

Sorry...but those things are not just true for AU. Look at the SEC West and East. Look at D1 FBS in general. You do not have a point. You think you do, but you don't.

LMAO usually know-nothings aren't as loud nor persistent as you. Everything I listed is quantifiable fact. And quantifiable facts tend to rub know-nothings raw.

It is clear you have no idea about the current macro picture of college football or the last 40 years of our program. 

The direction of our program is clear to fans with a pulse.

Just going by our biggest 3 rivals that we play today it's clear Auburn is not heading in positive direction. Argue all you want about 8-9 wins and whose done it before, it simply doesn't matter. If you want to play Big Boy football in the SEC we have to handle these games. 

Georgia 

Dye 7-5 
Bowden 3-2-1
Tubbs 5-5

Chizik 1-3
Malzhan 2-6

LSU

Dye 2-1  (Not annual opponent)
Bowden 3-3
Tubbs 5-5

Chizik 1-3
Malzahn 2-5

Alabama

Dye 6-6 
Bowden 3-3
Tubbs 7-3

Chizik 1-3
Malzahn 3-4

Clearly before Chizik we were competitive. We are not now because we do not win 50% of those games. We won't contend for anything if we can't do this. 

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

Consistent? Our team has finished several seasons decimated by injury.  You guys only give that excuse (injuries!) when explaining why AU whipped another team. Malzahn is here and he is gonna be here at least another year. Get used to it.

Yep we get it and unfortunately we are used to it and the mediocrity that comes with it. Thanks Gus. 

I wish some of you guys would stop feeding these posters. There are about 5 posters on this forum, who are Gus Malzahn fans. They will never be objective from that standpoint, so don't waste your time engaging them.

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

The direction of our program is clear to fans with a pulse.

Just going by our biggest 3 rivals that we play today it's clear Auburn is not heading in positive direction. Argue all you want about 8-9 wins and whose done it before, it simply doesn't matter. If you want to play Big Boy football in the SEC we have to handle these games. 

Georgia 

Dye 7-5 
Bowden 3-2-1
Tubbs 5-5

Chizik 1-3
Malzhan 2-6

LSU

Dye 2-1  (Not annual opponent)
Bowden 3-3
Tubbs 5-5

Chizik 1-3
Malzahn 2-5

Alabama

Dye 6-6 
Bowden 3-3
Tubbs 7-3

Chizik 1-3
Malzahn 3-4

Clearly before Chizik we were competitive. We are not now because we do not win 50% of those games. We won't contend for anything if we can't do this. 

This. This right here ought to shut CleCoTiger’s mouth(keyboard), but I don’t think it will.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:34 PM, AUBourne said:

Now I feel like Auburn football is in a time where results only matter if they impact profits. Auburn University might not have the will to be an upper tier program.

Agreed,

People keep assuming that the PTBs want to win championships but are simply incompetent.  Fact is they are very competent but their goal is not to win championships.  It is simply to win enough (and/or win against the right teams such as Alabama) to keep the money flowing.  

The Auburn PTBs are perfectly content with an annual 3-4 losses as long as 1-2 wins come against Al, GA, LSU, or FL.  Gus fits this system perfectly.

We may as well get used to it.

10 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Coach Dye...12 seasons...had only 5 4 loss or more seasons...2 of which were his last two years under the cloud of NCAA issues...had 4 double digit win seasons, a 9 win season with only 1 loss(2ties), 3 Sugar Bowls, 4 SEC Titles and moved the Iron Bowl to Auburn...not a bum...

Baby Bowden had 3 double digit ( correction here, 2 double digit win years and a 9 win with 1 loss and. a tie)win seasons in 5 (part of a 6th seasons...)

Tubs started his Auburn career with 5 straight 4 or more loss seasons and we were ready to cut him loose...but then he beat bama and was kept...which kinda proves dyehard’s point about how we over value beating those idiots...and he did manage to reel off 3 straight 3 loss or less seasons including the unbeaten 04 team...

Auburn has the potential to be better. Our past shouldn’t dictate our future. If we’re destined to just be a 4 loss program then why even bother? Might as well keep Ol Four Loss Malzahn since he’s giving so many of you precisely what you want and expect from our program.

This, and Gus has better talent than any previous coach (outside of the 2004 team). He’s doing less with more.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I wish some of you guys would stop feeding these posters. There are about 5 posters on this forum, who are Gus Malzahn fans. They will never be objective from that standpoint, so don't waste your time engaging them.

Seconded!

5 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Blah, blah, blah go the Fighting 101st Keyboarders.  News for you: What I write or what you write on a message board makes zero difference.  You may as well get behind  the team and the coaches. 

The funny part is, this is your retort when I have been so already. I’ve said time after time I will always root for the players, they deserve all the success. I’m also a big fan of the coaching staff, except for 1 or 2 other than Gus. If you are going to make a stance, at least debate it, instead of your only defense being “ You may as well get behind the team and coaches.”

On 1/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, CR said:

No different than I have for several years honestly. We arent real bad, we’re not real good. We just are.

Yep. And that's okay. Our kids learn leadership, they go to class, they graduate. We win a lot of games and don't have to totally sell out for it. I'm okay with this. 

This is my point of view.  

I am a Gus Malzahn, the Head Coach; the recruiter; the leader of our football program; the role model fan.  

I am not a fan of his offensive scheme; his unwillingness to change or adjust; his play calling; his inability to develop players to be better or his hiring procedures.

He is a great leader and the players love him.  That means a lot.  He is not the offensive guru that we hired as an Offensive Coordinator or Head Coach. That also means a lot, on the down side. 

If you want to see the future, look at our OL.  You can’t develop guys that aren’t there.  We’re struggling to recruit them now, wait to see what recruiting will look like after a couple of years with further degradation of blocking.

51 minutes ago, The Six said:

Yep. And that's okay. Our kids learn leadership, they go to class, they graduate. We win a lot of games and don't have to totally sell out for it. I'm okay with this. 

Is AU selling out in basketball?  What about baseball?  BRUCE not doing it the right way and producing leaders?

Just now, musicitytiger said:

If you want to see the future, look at our OL.  You can’t develop guys that aren’t there.  We’re struggling to recruit them now, wait to see what recruiting will look like after a couple of years with further degradation of blocking.

The warning signs have been there Gus entire tenure with regard to OL recruiting.  Anyone that understands football knew these years were coming.

According to some, Gus is the only coach who is a good guy, instills leadership, graduates players, and has players with good character. That mindset drives me crazy. Plenty of coaches do all of that and win more than Gus. Winning championships and running a clean program are not mutually exclusive things. 

Archived