direction of our program

tigerman1186

9 hours ago, StPeteTiger said:

I just passed my 40-year mark as an Auburn fan and I've honestly never met any of those people.

I have. After we beat Bama, I can think of several Auburn fans that were gloating and acting like we had just won the SEC or something. The LBS(little brother syndrome) is real. They're ecstatic that they spoiled Bama's season and knocked them out the playoffs. They hang their hat on that because they don't expect championships. After every loss, I never heard many Auburn fans that were willing to openly complain about Gus or want a HC change. Even after the UGA loss, while the Auburn fans I was around weren't happy, they still never called for Gus's job.

The fact is that majority of our fanbase is comfortable losing 3-4 games every year as long we 'compete' and don't get blown out. That's literally the standard now and why Gus has so much job security.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, StPeteTiger said:

I just passed my 40-year mark as an Auburn fan and I've honestly never met any of those people.

You obviously haven’t been on this board long...Hang around and meet some of them...

• 9 months later...
On 1/4/2020 at 9:57 PM, ToraGirl said:

Good answer.  Addresses hyperbole well.  Hyperbole weakens points.  Related image

You’re on fire girl!

On 1/6/2020 at 1:30 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We are uga under Richt without the 10 wins a season. We will lose 5 again next year. Gus is who he is. Chad Morris impact will be marginal at best. 

This is looking like a pretty accurate call.

Hilarious how we can get 8 pages into a thread without any mention of the colossal difference between our perennially crushing schedule and everybody else's kinda hard schedules now & then. And the predictions of Morris demise 3 games into his first season here with no Spring practice to work with players? Stop, you're killing me!🤣

17 minutes ago, AuburnFast said:

Hilarious how we can get 8 pages into a thread without any mention of the colossal difference between our perennially crushing schedule and everybody else's kinda hard schedules now & then. And the predictions of Morris demise 3 games into his first season here with no Spring practice to work with players? Stop, you're killing me!🤣

Our schedule is perennially hard but don't you think it's Gus's job to make Georgia, Alabama and LSU's schedule more difficult that he has most years? We can't even get LSU and Georgia to blink.

He does deal Bama more fits than most coaches do though, I'll give him that. 

On 1/6/2020 at 6:44 PM, Auburnfan91 said:

I have. After we beat Bama, I can think of several Auburn fans that were gloating and acting like we had just won the SEC or something. The LBS(little brother syndrome) is real. They're ecstatic that they spoiled Bama's season and knocked them out the playoffs. They hang their hat on that because they don't expect championships. After every loss, I never heard many Auburn fans that were willing to openly complain about Gus or want a HC change. Even after the UGA loss, while the Auburn fans I was around weren't happy, they still never called for Gus's job.

The fact is that majority of our fanbase is comfortable losing 3-4 games every year as long we 'compete' and don't get blown out. That's literally the standard now and why Gus has so much job security.

And the thing is, we're not really even meeting *that* standard.

9 hours ago, AuburnFast said:

Thanks for reminding me that stupid is as stupid does

Archived