Men vs Miss St Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, CR said:

Wont be many pretty wins for this group probably, but they get after you and play hard. Glad to see Purifoy have a game to finally show what he;s capable of doing. Been a long, strange road for him.

Hoping this is just the start of his hot streak

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HUGE win for the boys!!  Got that first conference win on the road in a tough environment with Vandy coming to the Arena Wednesday. 

Just now, around4ever said:

HUGE win for the boys!!  Got that first conference win on the road in a tough environment with Vandy coming to the Arena Wednesday. 

Just glad we are at home

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Especially if they let guys like Ado get away with stuff like Silva. Perry tho is legit, any team would want that guy.

I like both.  They did get away with murder while we got called for lesser contact. Their 1,2 & 3 are strong too. 

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

I like both.  They did get away with murder while we got called for lesser contact. Their 1,2 & 3 are strong too. 

I agree, ado reminded me of how Silva got so many calls. Just proud we got the win today!

Here’s the thing tho. The fact that bruce has this team 13-0 is remarkable. A bunch of young guys, and the seniors really haven’t consistently proved themselves (on a regular basis). He has them playing together and handling adversity well. That’s my big takeaway.

12 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Crazy stat of the night is that we only got 2 pts from our bench in this game. 

Not as crazy as not scoring for 8 minutes and 35 seconds straight and still scoring 80.

Shout out to McCormick. Dude has been really good all year and was clutch again today......and, made his free throws. If Purifoy strokes it like he did in the second half this is a dangerous team. The defense is going to keep us in every game. And, if not already known, Akron is a stud.

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Shout out to McCormick. Dude has been really good all year and was clutch again today......and, made his free throws. If Purifoy strokes it like he did in the second half this is a dangerous team. The defense is going to keep us in every game. And, if not already known, Akron is a stud.

Crazy how far we have come. During the regular season last year, he was a “liability”. Crazy how these players have grown under bruce. Akron? We bringing in big boy Bowden or Lebron Lol

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Love Akron

What a strange game. How many times did Ms State drive to the right side of the basket without opposition and lay it in?  Yet great defense is what won the game. How did the bench play that long and only score two and we win by 12?  
Again our 2 guards show they can carry us, a different way than Bryce and Harper, but still put us on their shoulders. And we still rebound right with those towers 46-44. 

I had this written down a couple weeks ago but in every game except one, Auburn has scored more points than the opponent normally gives up on average and has kept them from scoring underneath their average. I'll have to take the time to look at it again and crunch the numbers but that's pretty damn good.

There was a stretch there when I though J’von was going to cost AU the game. Can’t believe he got 28. He hit some big shots late and it was good to see him him a good number of late FTs. 

Archived