Men vs Miss St Game Thread

Maverick.AU

9 minutes ago, jared52 said:

There was a stretch there when I though J’von was going to cost AU the game. Can’t believe he got 28. He hit some big shots late and it was good to see him him a good number of late FTs. 

He and Wiley need to be on the court. Production is better with them. 

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He and Wiley need to be on the court. Production is better with them. 

It surprises me that Wiley is no where to be found with less than 5 min to go. 

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Wow Alabama lost a double digit lead for most of the second half to UF, going to OT

That bama game is scaring me. They're so streaky and it would just be our luck that they'll be on fire when playing us.

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

That bama game is scaring me. They're so streaky and it would just be our luck that they'll be on fire when playing us.

True but like today, we have to weather the storm, that’s what will take this team to the next level

10 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I just always expect to split with them. 2 years ago is when sideshow Bob went off vs us when they were without sexton and had 32 points and beat us at their place.

45 minutes ago, jared52 said:

It surprises me that Wiley is no where to be found with less than 5 min to go. 

It shouldn't surprise you. As has been said before Wiley's ceiling minutes wise is about 24 & he will average around 20 as he is now. Unless he sits more earlier in the game don't expect him to be in or effective near the end of games.

24 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Number 5 and 7 lost this weekend. Auburn could be 6th in the country come Monday.

We might need SDSU to lose tonight to be in the top 5 in the only rankings that matter, the NET.

Alabama had a 21 pt lead at one point. Had a 8-10+ pt lead most of the second half. Loses in double OT to UF 104-98

blackshear 24-16 made 48 of his last 53 FT’s crazy 

24 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

True but like today, we have to weather the storm, that’s what will take this team to the next level

Oh, yeah. I'm never worried about the basketball team. We're not gonna go undefeated but no matter how many points we get down, I'm not gonna go crazy thinking the sky is gonna fall. Pearl has these young men prepared and is an amazing coach when it comes to adjusting. It's the big reason why we're almost always better in the second half.

We witnessed a very special team last year and I thought no way this year's team will compare, I was wrong.  This Auburn team is full of winners. They battle thru all the bs with the refs and tough shooting to just beat down their opponent. I believe that when it is all said and done this team will be capable of an SEC title and a deep run in the tourney.  They fight and claw their way to these wins. The scoring can come from any and every position on this team, and every player is 100% bought-in on the defensive end.  I watch a lot of basketball and this team has more grit than any other team I have watched.  I could go on and on about Bruce too but all that really needs to be said is that he is likely the best coach Auburn has ever had.  

• WarTiger changed the title to Men vs Miss St Game Thread
3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Pass it on Bruce, for the love of everything that is Auburn, pass it on. 

7 hours ago, BHDAU1 said:

We witnessed a very special team last year and I thought no way this year's team will compare, I was wrong.  This Auburn team is full of winners. They battle thru all the bs with the refs and tough shooting to just beat down their opponent. I believe that when it is all said and done this team will be capable of an SEC title and a deep run in the tourney.  They fight and claw their way to these wins. The scoring can come from any and every position on this team, and every player is 100% bought-in on the defensive end.  I watch a lot of basketball and this team has more grit than any other team I have watched.  I could go on and on about Bruce too but all that really needs to be said is that he is likely the best coach Auburn has ever had.  

Relentless effort. This team has a will to win seldom seen.

Am I the last one to find out former AU assistant Chad Dollar under Pearl from a few years ago is on creans staff at Georgia??? I was reading a article where Anthony Edwards said he was one of the main reasons he chose Georgia.

Archived