Nix Improvements next Year

twilli13

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Nah you're just sensitive until it's a Bo thread 😂. But this would be trying to start a "fight" passive aggression and deflection are common with a weak position. But anyway like I said you asked and I answered, people don't have a conspiracy against the kid, his footwork is horrible. Which can be good and bad when you think about it

I am not a Bo fanboy. I just think he has a lot of potential. I hope Morris or someone can give him a chance to realize it. With the offense in its current form, it is not possible. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I am not a Bo fanboy. I just think he has a lot of potential. I hope Morris or someone can give him a chance to realize it. With the offense in its current form, it is not possible. 

You're not!? Well this is like third time you coming at me about him, you say he's much better than one of the best QB's ever, and it just said you don't see a problem in his mechanics but ok. Whatever you say boss. It's nothing wrong with it.....you just don't have to take it personal when somebody says something about him.

And as far as me you can just talk to me you don't have to do that deflecting stuff with me. Hell you can just come at me whenever you want, you'll get some free like out of it! If one mod likes your stuff it should set off an alarm that you are on the wrong side though 😂

Everybody jumpin on me for saying Bo was mediocre this year and needs to man up an take responsibility for his own performance, rather than putting it on the rest of the team

For the year -- 57.6% passing  -- anybody here want to explain exactly how that is not mediocre?

Fact is, 3 very inaccurate passes with *spectacular* catches against Bama by Auburn receivers, one of which was a throw-away, are indicative of how receivers came through *despite* Bo, otherwise it would have been much worse.

I believe Bo can become a very good QB, but he needs to accept his deficiencies and work on improving as a QB, rather than laying it on the rest of the team.

Okay, now you can pile on me again for not *$^$%&(_*)(*&^.

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

You're not!?

I am!  But you already knew that.  :Sing:

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, AURex said:

anybody here want to explain exactly how that is not mediocre?

Sure.  This should be pretty easy:

• Broke Auburn freshmen record for touchdown passes thrown (16)
  • Broke Auburn freshmen record for passing yards (2,542)
  • Broke Auburn freshmen record for pass attempts (351)
  • If you take out Nix's first college game against Oregon,  his average completion percentage is 60.47%
    • Jake Fromm's is at 60.80%
    • Nick Marshall's completion percentage was 59.4% and 60.80% respectively (2013 and 2014)
  • Oh and he won this award too...

79509415_2320224888081429_4747672744672362496_o.jpg

15 hours ago, cole256 said:

You're not!? Well this is like third time you coming at me about him, you say he's much better than one of the best QB's ever, and it just said you don't see a problem in his mechanics but ok. Whatever you say boss. It's nothing wrong with it.....you just don't have to take it personal when somebody says something about him.

And as far as me you can just talk to me you don't have to do that deflecting stuff with me. Hell you can just come at me whenever you want, you'll get some free like out of it! If one mod likes your stuff it should set off an alarm that you are on the wrong side though 😂

You really are very angry, my man. Breathe. I asked specifically about his mechanics because I was genuinely wanting to get your take. The second paragraph, I honestly don't know what this means, forreal. Maybe you're confusing me with someone else?

16 hours ago, AURex said:

Everybody jumpin on me for saying Bo was mediocre this year and needs to man up an take responsibility for his own performance, rather than putting it on the rest of the team

For the year -- 57.6% passing  -- anybody here want to explain exactly how that is not mediocre?

Fact is, 3 very inaccurate passes with *spectacular* catches against Bama by Auburn receivers, one of which was a throw-away, are indicative of how receivers came through *despite* Bo, otherwise it would have been much worse.

I believe Bo can become a very good QB, but he needs to accept his deficiencies and work on improving as a QB, rather than laying it on the rest of the team.

Okay, now you can pile on me again for not *$^$%&(_*)(*&^.

This should be fun. Which inaccurate passes, Rex? The perfect ball to Seth? The incredible fade away to Hastings (Danielson said it was a throwaway, which I initially thought it was too, but watching the replay and the endzone angle, it was definitely an intentional, incredible play)? The NFL, perfect pass to Canella? Are those your three?

9 hours ago, abw0004 said:

giphy.gif

• If you take out Nix's first college game against Oregon,  his average completion percentage is 60.47%
    • Nick Marshall's completion percentage was 59.4% and 60.80% respectively (2013 and 2014)

Hit em with the facts! 

Bo definitely needs to work on his mechanics, but this offense and our offensive line didn't do him many favors this year. All in all, I was actually pretty impressed with him. He has a high ceiling, and I think Chad Morris is going to help him get there. 

I think he will be better. Chad Morris knows how to involve the tight end in the passing game, and that will give Bo another option to throw to when the receivers are covered.

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You really are very angry, my man. Breathe. I asked specifically about his mechanics because I was genuinely wanting to get your take. The second paragraph, I honestly don't know what this means, forreal. Maybe you're confusing me with someone else?

Whelp let's just end this, as usual you want to talk about something else. It's funny that you want me to be angry. Nothing in that post even resembled anger but I guess you have to run with it now. 

How ironic you said I could be confusing you when you took offense of me asking did you post stuff so I wouldn't confuse you with someone else! Gotta love it.

Most important thing is when you're going off pointing stuff out it's ok to include Bo! It will be ok, he's a big boy, he won't pass out.

10 hours ago, abw0004 said:

giphy.gif

Why would you take out the Oregon game?

27 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Bo definitely needs to work on his mechanics, but this offense and our offensive line didn't do him many favors this year. All in all, I was actually pretty impressed with him. He has a high ceiling, and I think Chad Morris is going to help him get there. 

He hurt the line as far as passing more than the line failed him as far as passing. Gus screwed him with play calling. I think he's shown to be about what Bentley was, I think in Gus offense it's either boom or bust. The only way the offense can help you is if it can consistently pick up 3rd and 4 using a run play.

17 hours ago, AURex said:

I am not denying nor agreeing.....but out of curiosity...other than Hastings catch that appeared to have been a throw away..what other two throws are you referring to?

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

This should be fun. Which inaccurate passes, Rex? The perfect ball to Seth? The incredible fade away to Hastings (Danielson said it was a throwaway, which I initially thought it was too, but watching the replay and the endzone angle, it was definitely an intentional, incredible play)? The NFL, perfect pass to Canella? Are those your three?

That's what I was wondering lol. That throw to Canella was a Trent Dilfer Glorified Dime that not many NFL QBS can make. It couldn't have been placed better. Ye Sal did a great job of hauling it in....but the ball was where it should have been. Also a dime to Seth. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He hurt the line as far as passing more than the line failed him as far as passing. Gus screwed him with play calling. I think he's shown to be about what Bentley was, I think in Gus offense it's either boom or bust. The only way the offense can help you is if it can consistently pick up 3rd and 4 using a run play.

I don't agree that he hurt the line more than they hurt him. Not being able to run the ball consistently is a quarterback's worst enemy. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

I don't agree that he hurt the line more than they hurt him. Not being able to run the ball consistently is a quarterback's worst enemy. 

You left out as far as the passing game. I said it twice. I agree not being able run is bad, but even with that I noticed Gus would rarely let Bo be aggressive with really trying to pick up first downs. 

On 1/5/2020 at 5:26 PM, Randman5000 said:

He needs to quit throwing on the run... He needs to be more patient and work on setting his feet. Then  he needs to beg Gus and Chad to expand the passing game. 

Agree, but to do so he needs an Oline.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You left out as far as the passing game. I said it twice. I agree not being able run is bad, but even with that I noticed Gus would rarely let Bo be aggressive with really trying to pick up first downs. 

I'm saying that the offensive line's lack of consistency in the running game hurt Bo in the passing game.

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Why would you take out the Oregon game?

Ideally, one would take out the best and the worst, then avg. the rest. That would give the best look at it 

7 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'm saying that the offensive line's lack of consistency in the running game hurt Bo in the passing game.

I know what you are saying, you left out what I said

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Ideally, one would take out the best and the worst, then avg. the rest. That would give the best look at it 

Yes ideally, in this particular situation we just took out the worse.....which I don't think is his worst game but I guess it could be as far as completion percentage

Just now, Barnacle said:

I think I just don't understand what you were saying. My fault.

I was saying as far as pass blocking, it wasn't that bad and he didn't step up in the pocket and had happy get a bunch. So as far as pass blocking he hurt them more than they hurt him. You don't have to agree with that of course but he's far from being in a toxic situation, it's not ideal or perfect but there's much more QB's that would love to trade places with him than vice versa.

Just now, cole256 said:

it's not ideal or perfect but there's much more QB's that would love to trade places with him than vice versa.

That's a good way of putting it. I don't know if that's true or not. I definitely agree he hurt the line  bailing out of clean pockets. I also think some of his poor pocket habits were brought on by poor blocking. I felt that way against Florida for sure. Definitely a reciprocal relationship, but I don't know enough to disagree with you.

On 1/6/2020 at 1:07 PM, copper4eva said:

Gus has mostly been recruiting athletic types, and has been busting real hard on them.

Who are these so called "mostly" recruited "athletic types?"

JF3, Malik Willis (who was a last minute addition to the class,) and Joey Gatewood (who was the #1 Athlete in the country who ANYONE would of signed.)

Besides those 3, all I see are a lot of pocket passers that have signed...

11 hours ago, abw0004 said:

People should really stop using SEC Freshman of the Year as some defense of his play this season. Yes he won it... but he sure didnt deserve it...

Bo Nix did not make 1st team All-SEC. Bo Nix did not make 1st team All-American. Yet another true freshman in the SEC did make those lists. That same true freshman also won SEC Newcomer of the Year. 

If SEC Freshman of they Year was only an offensive award then ABSOLUTELY Nix deserved the award... but it is not. 

Derek Stingley Jr should have won that award. Period. Point. Blank.

I know Auburn people like thinking our guys are the best at everything... but if you look at it without orange and blue glasses it isnt even close. Stingley deserved it everyday and twice on Sunday. You dont make 1st team All-SEC and 1st team All-American as a true freshman if you arent the best freshman in your league...especially when the other guy didnt come close to making 1st team All-SEC much less 1st team All-American. 

Archived