Nix Improvements next Year

twilli13

50 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Why would you take out the Oregon game?

Because it was his first game in college, no other reason.  If he gets a pass in any game, it’s that one.  And no, that wasn’t his worst game as far as completion percentage is concerned so I didn’t take out his worst one.  

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Who are these so called "mostly" recruited "athletic types?"

JF3, Malik Willis (who was a last minute addition to the class,) and Joey Gatewood (who was the #1 Athlete in the country who ANYONE would of signed.)

Besides those 3, all I see are a lot of pocket passers that have signed...

People should really stop using SEC Freshman of the Year as some defense of his play this season. Yes he won it... but he sure didnt deserve it...

Bo Nix did not make 1st team All-SEC. Bo Nix did not make 1st team All-American. Yet another true freshman in the SEC did make those lists. That same true freshman also won SEC Newcomer of the Year. 

If SEC Freshman of they Year was only an offensive award then ABSOLUTELY Nix deserved the award... but it is not. 

Derek Stingley Jr should have won that award. Period. Point. Blank.

I know Auburn people like thinking our guys are the best at everything... but if you look at it without orange and blue glasses it isnt even close. Stingley deserved it everyday and twice on Sunday. You dont make 1st team All-SEC and 1st team All-American as a true freshman if you arent the best freshman in your league...especially when the other guy didnt come close to making 1st team All-SEC much less 1st team All-American. 

So even if he is the best offensive freshmen this year like you say, that still is a huge accomplishment.  So using it as an accolade still has a lot of merit.  

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Because it was his first game in college, no other reason.  If he gets a pass in any game, it’s that one.  And no, that wasn’t his worst game as far as completion percentage is concerned so I didn’t take out his worst one.  

You counted his td though. But there aren't any passes, one of the most surprising things things to be is he didn't have too many different ebbs and flows.

He pretty much played the same all year. Gus offense isn't complicated. You never saw Bo confused as far as didn't know where to go with the ball. I don't think you've seen any QB like that in his offense actually, but anyway QB's don't really go thru that in our offense. 

I think it'll be harder for him next year than this year

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

That's a good way of putting it. I don't know if that's true or not. I definitely agree he hurt the line  bailing out of clean pockets. I also think some of his poor pocket habits were brought on by poor blocking. I felt that way against Florida for sure. Definitely a reciprocal relationship, but I don't know enough to disagree with you.

Bo was doing that stuff the first game of the season, it's why Seth was angry against Oregon and why he went to Bo and said throw me the ball. Florida game was a bad game by EVERYBODY. 

But my main thing is before the season started these were the reasons why he should be starting.....then when the season happens he's supposed to get a mulligans. It can't work that way

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You counted his td though. But there aren't any passes, one of the most surprising things things to be is he didn't have too many different ebbs and flows.

He pretty much played the same all year. Gus offense isn't complicated. You never saw Bo confused as far as didn't know where to go with the ball. I don't think you've seen any QB like that in his offense actually, but anyway QB's don't really go thru that in our offense. 

I think it'll be harder for him next year than this year

Ah you are correct, I forgot to take the touchdown out.  Actually, if you took out the touchdown he still would have broken the record which is kind of cool.

I do think it will be easier for him next year though with a better OL.  This was he won’t rush his passes and have better form.  

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Bo was doing that stuff the first game of the season, it's why Seth was angry against Oregon and why he went to Bo and said throw me the ball. Florida game was a bad game by EVERYBODY. 

But my main thing is before the season started these were the reasons why he should be starting.....then when the season happens he's supposed to get a mulligans. It can't work that way

All good points.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Ah you are correct, I forgot to take the touchdown out.  Actually, if you took out the touchdown he still would have broken the record which is kind of cool.

I do think it will be easier for him next year though with a better OL.  This was he won’t rush his passes and have better form.  

We'll see. Of course I'll have to see how players progress but this is where I make my money (pretend) I make the calls before they happen. I believe all of you are masquerading problems thinking Bo is better than he is. I think he's more average than super star. Next year excuses will be hard to come by. 

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

All good points.

But at the same time I could be completely wrong, and if so we'll know because I'll hear about it! 😂

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But at the same time I could be completely wrong, and if so we'll know because I'll hear about it! 😂

You're right way more than you're wrong, I know that much.

Considering his decorated freshman campaign, I expect Bo Nix to be in the top three in passing categories in the SEC if not the nation. Factor in Chad Morris' influence in the passing game and we could see a Joe Brady-Joe Burrow type turnaround. Sky is the limit!

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

So even if he is the best offensive freshmen this year like you say, that still is a huge accomplishment.  So using it as an accolade still has a lot of merit.  

He absolutely was the best offensive player. 

Unfortunately that is not an offensive only award and I'm sorry, but only those who refuse to take off the orange and blue shaders think Nix had any business winning that award. 

But like I said he was unquestionably the best offensive freshman this season in the SEC and it wasnt even close. 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Whelp let's just end this, as usual you want to talk about something else. It's funny that you want me to be angry. Nothing in that post even resembled anger but I guess you have to run with it now. 

How ironic you said I could be confusing you when you took offense of me asking did you post stuff so I wouldn't confuse you with someone else! Gotta love it.

Most important thing is when you're going off pointing stuff out it's ok to include Bo! It will be ok, he's a big boy, he won't pass out.

Angry people constantly look for conflict. Every post in here has been an unsuccessful goad lol. I'm not gonna fight you Cole.

30 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Angry people constantly look for conflict. Every post in here has been an unsuccessful goad lol. I'm not gonna fight you Cole.

Why do you keep writing back? Do you think I care if you think I'm angry or not? Either talk football or keep it moving. I know we're not going to fight, I debate football It doesn't matter to me that you get angry when Bo is criticized. You'll just have to deal with it.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:31 PM, AUght2win said:

Listen. It begins and ends with Gus. Gus neuters his quarterbacks. He scares them and scolds them into prioritizing NOT turning the ball over. They play scared. They play with a game manager mentality. 

The first thing Nix said when evaluating his year was "I took care of the ball." Well, you took care of it so good against teams like Minnesota and Georgia that our offense could barely move. 

Gus needs to stop mentally crippling his players and trust them. Go have fun. Go sling it and play ball. Play to win!

This is a crazy post and villifies the approach taken by virtually every legendary college football coach. Y'all need to do some research.

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

This is a crazy post and villifies the approach taken by virtually every legendary college football coach. Y'all need to do some research.

Yeah Spurrier definitely played it safe in his career. Urban Meyer. Chip Kelly. Pete Carroll. Mike Leach. Their main philosophy was super conservative offense and a stout defense. Their offenses were full of butt-clenched game managers. 

If the sarcasm isn't clear through text, I will just flat point it out to you. 

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah Spurrier definitely played it safe in his career. Urban Meyer. Chip Kelly. Pete Carroll. Mike Leach. Their main philosophy was super conservative offense and a stout defense. Their offenses were full of butt-clenched game managers. 

If the sarcasm isn't clear through text, I will just flat point it out to you. 

Lot of anger here!

On 1/7/2020 at 6:10 PM, abw0004 said:

He would have tied the record at 14 TD's if you take the Oregon game out. Nix had 2 TD passes against Oregon. He threw his first TD pass to Eli Stove and the 2nd one was to Seth Williams for the game winning TD.

On 1/6/2020 at 12:14 PM, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Burrow and Tua are gone. Now it’s your time to shine Bo

Add Fromm to that list as of today. 

Archived