PTB Update

Butthead

Insiders, report.  Season is over.  What is the temp of the PTB after the season?  Does the AD Green have any authority in this matter?  Any changes?

Inquiring minds want to know.

PS -- I would have fired Gus before the bowl game.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're waiting for the buyout to be whittled down to $1.19.

He MUST BEAT the Mississippi schools through 2025.

Whatever Saban has on Emmert....Gus has 10x that amount on....on....on....whoever does the hiring and firing at AU.

Bowlcut thinks Gus is a wonderful coach.

The schedule needs to soften up before Auburn subjects another poor HC to that horror!

Allen Greene isn't going to fire Gus Malzahn.If he was, he would have fire Malzahn after the 2018 season. But Allen came out telling everyone that Gus has his full support and along with his coaching staff and Gus was gonna be his coach for 2019. I see the same kind of statement comimg from Allen sometime soon.

AD Greene did not get us in this mess. He just inherited it. He is powerless to fire Gustavo due, of course, to that boneheaded Leath/Harbert contract given to the perennial 4 loss coach. Auburn football is trapped for the next few years with a mediocre head coach.

Bottom line, folks better get used to Gus until Auburn can afford to fire him. What dollar amount that is probably has been set, but it won't be in the next 2 years.

Next subject...

4 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Bottom line, folks better get used to Gus until Auburn can afford to fire him. What dollar amount that is probably has been set, but it won't be in the next 2 years.

Next subject...

I agree.  Gus isn’t going anywhere unless the bottom falls out like 2012.  

2 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

He'd have been gone this year had he lost to Bama. Especially then losing to the Golden Gophers. 

He was saved by the crimson bell. 

4 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Next subject...

Some can’t comprehend, so it makes them feel better to continue to talk about it.

9 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

They're waiting for the buyout to be whittled down to $1.19.

He MUST BEAT the Mississippi schools through 2025.

Whatever Saban has on Emmert....Gus has 10x that amount on....on....on....whoever does the hiring and firing at AU.

Bowlcut thinks Gus is a wonderful coach.

The schedule needs to soften up before Auburn subjects another poor HC to that horror!

That could be more difficult than it once seemed since OM will be living life in the fast Lane. I'm not looking forward to that game in a couple of years. 

15 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

He'd have been gone this year had he lost to Bama. Especially then losing to the Golden Gophers. 

Tell us what save him after the horrible 2018 season?  Losses to MSU/UT + all three rivals and daily rumors swirling about his demise, and the buyout was $31MM instead of the $26.6MM it is today.  All this talk about the money is there does nothing but make fans question WTH he was allowed to return for the '19 season?

He could've lost the bama this year and he'd still be here because no one's ponying up that kind of cash any time soon.

16 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Bama may have lost the battle, but they won the war by awarding us with at least two more years of Gustration.

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

Tell us what save him after the horrible 2018 season?  Losses to MSU/UT + all three rivals and daily rumors swirling about his demise, and the buyout was $31MM instead of the $26.6MM it is today.  All this talk about the money is there does nothing but make fans question WTH he was allowed to return for the '19 season?

He could've lost the bama this year and he'd still be here because no one's ponying up that kind of cash any time soon.

Before NYE 2018-19 it would've been $36M.

Once it drops below $20M, it's fair game--see Taggart.

49 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Bama may have lost the battle, but they won the war by awarding us with at least two more years of Gustration.

My bammer buddy is thrilled that we'll definitely have Gus next year and probably at least another year after that.

17 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Will 5-7 next season do it? He may pull 6-6 out his backside.

12 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Will 5-7 next season do it? He may pull 6-6 out his backside.

I think 6-6 with another year of lackluster offense against SEC opponents would do it, but that may just be hope talking. Enough folks have had enough of his resistance to change, that I don't believe he'll survive another 5+ loss season. 

With next year's schedule, he shouldn't be "allowed" to lose 3 games. Who cares who he's got to replace. It will be his 8th freaking year as head coach and every single team on the schedule has to replace guys, too. Hell, bama might be poised to set the record for most guys to ever get drafted in the first round. Out of all these guys that are going to be so difficult to replace, how many will ever play a down in the NFL?

He ran out of excuses years ago. 

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

With next year's schedule, he shouldn't be "allowed" to lose 3 games. Who cares who he's got to replace. It will be his 8th freaking year as head coach and every single team on the schedule has to replace guys, too. Hell, bama might be poised to set the record for most guys to ever get drafted in the first round. Out of all these guys that are going to be so difficult to replace, how many will ever play a down in the NFL?

He ran out of excuses years ago. 

Mismanage and create a crisis, then use difficulty of navigating said crisis to lower standards moving forward.  That's a game you can play indefinitely at Auburn, apparently.

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

Bama taking a page from the LSU/Les Miles book. And we thought we actually won that game vs the cordogs in 2016...

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

My bammer buddy is thrilled that we'll definitely have Gus next year and probably at least another year after that.

Gustav is every other team's favorite coach

57 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I think 6-6 with another year of lackluster offense against SEC opponents would do it, but that may just be hope talking. Enough folks have had enough of his resistance to change, that I don't believe he'll survive another 5+ loss season. 

6-6 will earn you the Birmingham Bowl Bay-Bee!!!    Gus has proven he can dominate that Muthah already!     No doubt - he's locked and loaded - no doubt!

49 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Bama taking a page from the LSU/Les Miles book. And we thought we actually won that game vs the cordogs in 2016...

We need a Malzahnectomy instead. A Gustraction. 

Allen Greene is not going to fire a coach who's never had a losing season, always made a bowl game, and has beaten Nick Saban two out of the last three years.  Sorry if reality is painful,

Archived