Who does Auburn close with for the 2020 class?

gc2525

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, these things have been said many, many times. I bet Gus even believes that Chad will have full control of the offense. Just like he believed Lindsey called the plays against LSU in 2017 and just like he believed he was going to run a normal offense against Clemson until a day or two before the game.

Not from this person who I'm pretty sure we all trust. Chad wouldn't have taken the job had he not been sure 100%, iron clad, full control. So there is at least legitimate hope for a change.

Also there is at least some short term proof. Never in Gus's past as AU HC would he have hired a guy he wasn't connected with like Bicknell. That hire was all Chad.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not from this person who I'm pretty sure we all trust. Chad wouldn't have taken the job had he not been sure 100%, iron clad, full control. So there is at least legitimate hope for a change.

Also there is at least some short term proof. Never in Gus's past as AU HC would he have hired a guy he wasn't connected with like Bicknell. That hire was all Chad.

I'd say "short term reason to believe", but this is all very encouraging.

Back to what started this little side bar, though, I still think the Red Raiders have the better sales pitch until Chad and Gus prove otherwise. 

If this works out well with Chad calling the OC shots all season and we tear it up, then maybe there is good hope of good things to come. I trust Ellitor 110% on this one.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, these things have been said many, many times. I bet Gus even believes that Chad will have full control of the offense. Just like he believed Lindsey called the plays against LSU in 2017 and just like he believed he was going to run a normal offense against Clemson until a day or two before the game.

You better watch it McLoofus...  Viper will come running over here and bash you for saying such things and then bring it up again in 2 months just for the heck of it

43 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

You better watch it McLoofus...  Viper will come running over here and bash you for saying such things and then bring it up again in 2 months just for the heck of it

Loof can more than hold his own.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Except Chad Morris is the OC & uses TEs extensively. I'm still Missouri too but I had a conversation with someone at the basketball game Saturday who has known Chad a very long time & still has a good relationship with him. He said Chad will have full control of the O & Chad would not have taken the AU OC job if he had anything less than full control & confidence it will remain that way.  FWIW I think the source is someone most of us trusts & respects.

auburn4ever

17 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

Burks, Frazier, Jones.  Done 

DO this and we will finish 6th in recruiting! Not too shabby!

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

DO this and we will finish 6th in recruiting! Not too shabby!

Unlikely. Texas A&M would still be #6.

3 hours ago, AubFanCT said:

DO this and we will finish 7th in recruiting! Not too shabby!

16 hours ago, doc4aday said:

If this works out well with Chad calling the OC shots all season and we tear it up, then maybe there is good hope of good things to come. I trust Ellitor 110% on this one.

Gus can't win on this. If we do great on Off. then everyone will say it's CCM. If we do bad or avg. then everyone will say Gus interfered. Personally I just hope we do great, I don't care who gets credit. Just saying Gus won't win either way.

6 minutes ago, bg5 said:

If we do great on Off. then everyone will say it's CCM. If we do bad or avg. then everyone will say Gus interfered.

Except for people close to the program. They'll say whatever the real info is. Regardless it doesn't matter who's calling plays if Bicknell can't fix the OL.

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Except for people close to the program. They'll say whatever the real info is. Regardless it doesn't matter who's calling plays if Bicknell can't fix the OL.

I really do think he will. I think this year will be better then in two years we should be about where we should be. these things can turn so fast. I can remember when our Def. wasn't good at all. then we change coaches and it all turned fast.

56 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm afraid that Bicknell holds all the keys to our success or lack of...

13 hours ago, AubFanCT said:

This would be great if it happens. That would leave one slot for a transfer or to use in the '21 class.

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This would be great if it happens. That would leave one slot for a transfer or to use in the '21 class.

So your saying we can sign 28 now? Where did you get 28 from? Remember Dre Butler committed giving us 24 signees/commits now.

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

I really do think he will. I think this year will be better then in two years we should be about where we should be. these things can turn so fast. I can remember when our Def. wasn't good at all. then we change coaches and it all turned fast.

Good point, yes it is possible in a short period of time. As you reference, in just one year Coach Muschamp made a big improvement to the defense he inherited from Ellis Johnson. Boom built a solid foundation for Coach Steele to work with going forward. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

So your saying we can sign 28 now? Where did you get 28 from? Remember Dre Butler committed giving us 24 signees/commits now.

Not sure where that number is coming from but Keith N said it the other day as well.

43 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Not sure where that number is coming from but Keith N said it the other day as well.

I know but Mark Murphy told me it's a hard 27 & he's as good on AU info as anyone. Also the math works out with 27.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

That's an interesting twist. Now 5 guys for 3 spots.

Yep. That is a little concerning but as long as one is Jones and the other is Butler, it does not matter.

Let them Fight it out in the octagon. 

Archived