2020 Season

auburn4ever

Until Feb. 5th comes around for signing day part 2, maybe you'd like to post your opinion on how Auburn will do next season. I'll post my opinion after I see a lot of replies to this thread.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UNC and Ole Miss on the road could be hard outs early in the season.  Both teams have enough weapons to cause trouble.  

Georgia, LSU, and Bama will all be interesting considering the loses on all 3.  If Fromm goes NFL then UGA could be a complete wildcard.

Miss State and Arkansas will be terrible.  

TexasA&M and Kentucky will make or break the season.  Texas A&M’s recruiting spoils should start paying off soon.  Kentucky will always play hard.

I could see the offense being slightly better but still not enough to make people happy.

defense gets better as the season progresses and is playing lights out by the end of the season.

We are replacing almost the entire OL/ DL next year and that's a big deal. You especially don't lose 2 players the caliber of Brown and Davidson without it having a major effect. There are definitely going to be some hiccups along the way. I'm thinking we'll see 7- 8 wins, 9 if we're lucky. The wild card will be the influence of Chad Morris on the offense and the QB.

Between 7-5 and 9-3 in my mind.

UGA and Alabama on the road are auto losses until we can win a game at either.

LSU... who knows what they'll look like without Burrow. I want to be optimistic and say it's a toss up.

TAMU... if Jimbo is gonna put it together it seems like it should be next year in year three. But he hasn't beaten Gus yet and we ate his lunch this year. Toss up but lean Auburn.

UNC... these guys look dangerous. That QB can play and they return most of their starters for 2020. As per usual, if you wanna get good all you need to do is schedule Auburn OOC.

Kentucky and Ole Miss, these are trap games. Ole Miss is the SEC opener on the road and UK is the week before Georgia. We're more talented than both but Gus teams have been flat before in these sorts of games. Should beat them but wouldn't shock me if we lose one.

Miss State and Arky will be bad, if we lose to either we're in trouble.

Alcorn State, USM, and UMass are dunks.

7-5. Losses to UAT, UGA, LSU, and TAMU.  Saban deems 11-2 unsuccessful this year and will coach and prepare like it. UGA and LSU will out coach Gus. TAMU loses only 4 seniors on this years team, and their 3d straight top 10 recruiting class will begin to pay dividends. We will also lose to at least 1 of UNC or UK. 

I think how we did this season would be a cap on how well we can do next season. We return most of our skill players on offense and Nix has year under his belt. However we start over on both lines. Replacing the OL wont be that difficult. It could very well be addition by subtraction for some of those guys. But the DL will not come close to being replaced sufficiently. 

As much as people want to complain about the defense in the bowl game, when the offense barely snaps the ball a double digit amount of times in a half there isnt much the defense can do. It's like Tennessee last season. The offense couldn't get out of their own way and eventually the defense just couldn't do it anymore. 

We were close to a top10 team all season despite our offense not because of it. The defense kept us ranked so highly. That defensive line is being gutted and there are no sure fire substitutes to replace 3 much less 5. This isnt a knock on anyone or anything. We have recruited well at both spots but 3 is a 4 year starter who started since his true freshman season. 5 is a top 5 pick. You dont just snap your fingers and replace that loss. Now Garner is one of two coaches on the staff I have 100% confidence in, so if anyone on staff can be trusted to plug those holes it is Garner.

Personally I think we go 8-5 again. But that's just my default answer while Gus is the coach and/or hasn't learned to truly handover the offense 

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Joey gets his waiver rejected unfortunately 

As he should. 

I'm the biggest Joey fan on the planet but he, like Willis last season, has absolutely no case for immediate eligibility. 

Plus the NCAA has already clamped down on that whole immediate eligibility issue. It's going to be MUCH harder to get immediate eligibility in the future. 

To me the game that will decide whether it’s a 9-3 or a 7-5 season will be UNC.   Until I see a reason to think AU can beat Bama or GA on road, chalk those up as an L.   With CGM as coach, you can put at least another two games as loses and choose who it will be to 

9-3 or 10-2. I think we have an improved offense by virtue of Bo being a year older and having an actual QB coach. The schedule is a lot easier. Only losses I see that are likeley at Bama and UGA. 

Offensive line! Offensive line! Offensive line! It will all depend on how the offensive line can develop. That was our problem the past twos years. We must run the ball better. Then we can throw it better. I’m hopeful the less experienced line is more athletic and meaner.. maybe Morris has something to inject into the passing game. More success on 3 rd and short would be a good start.

9-3. Two out of three to our rivals and one to someone who has as much talent as us, but we should clearly be able to handle. That was UF last year. Next year I am thinking Aggy. Don't worry though, we will come into the season hype and ranked high early, probably beat UGA and that will make enough people happy.

21 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

8-4 or 9-3.  PurgAUtory.

Oh wow... so you think it will be as successful a season as this year?

I dont see the defensive line playing nearly as well as this year to make that happen. 

I know you are no Gus fan... so... do you see the defense being as good as this years or do you see the offense making a big jump?

32 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Oh wow... so you think it will be as successful a season as this year?

I dont see the defensive line playing nearly as well as this year to make that happen. 

I know you are no Gus fan... so... do you see the defense being as good as this years or do you see the offense making a big jump?

I think the offense will improve a little and the defense will regress a little.  I think 8-4 is probably about right. 

39 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I think the offense will improve a little and the defense will regress a little.  I think 8-4 is probably about right. 

Ah.... I see. 

That seems logical. 

Auburn has a chance to win every game and should dominate several of these. C'mon y'all! Let's have some pride! WAR EAGLE!

Archived