2020 Season

auburn4ever

2020 will be Gus"s version of 2004. Will out talent UNC and win the home games.  Beat the Mississippi schools on the road but will lose to UGA, and Alabama. Go to the Sugar and lose 6th straight January bowl. The fans with LBS will be happy about the Sugar Bowl appearance. Gus will then hang on for another 4 years and never make the playoffs.  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

2020 will be Gus"s version of 2004. Will out talent UNC and win the home games.  Beat the Mississippi schools on the road but will lose to UGA, and Alabama. Go to the Sugar and lose 6th straight January bowl. The fans with LBS will be happy about the Sugar Bowl appearance. Gus will then hang on for another 4 years and never make the playoffs.  

So 2016 part 2?

4 hours ago, DAG said:

9-3. Two out of three to our rivals and one to someone who has as much talent as us, but we should clearly be able to handle. That was UF last year. Next year I am thinking Aggy. Don't worry though, we will come into the season hype and ranked high early, probably beat UGA and that will make enough people happy.

That’s interesting. I didn’t think we would be ranked high coming in.

16 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

As he should. 

I'm the biggest Joey fan on the planet but he, like Willis last season, has absolutely no case for immediate eligibility. 

Plus the NCAA has already clamped down on that whole immediate eligibility issue. It's going to be MUCH harder to get immediate eligibility in the future. 

Improving the entertainment of the game of football is absolutely a case for immediate eligibility 

With such a middling season of entertainment as this one has provided, it'd be cool if the same program that had Lynn Bowden looking like a mini mini Lamar was given a mini mini Cameron Newton ASAP 

20 hours ago, The Six said:

Auburn has a chance to win every game and should dominate several of these. C'mon y'all! Let's have some pride! WAR EAGLE!

78 posts....you must be new here. Are you new to Gus Malzahn as well?

With Fromm turning pro I’m calling for the first Auburn victory in Athens since 2005.  I hope I’m there.  The UGAs will start to lose patience next year especially if Florida beats them as well.  

48 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Losing pretty much the whole oline and secondary. Losing our best two player on the dline. Losing our punter. Give me Auburn at say ..6-6.

If that happened it would have to be the end of the Malzahn Error, yes?

16 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

78 posts....you must be new here. Are you new to Gus Malzahn as well?

I am new here. I am not new to Auburn nor Gus Malzahn. I came here from a board that has turned all neg all the time. 

Worst case 8-4. Best case 10-2. The pessimist in me says we lose to either TAMU or UNC, LSU, bammer, and thUGA. The optimist says we still lose to bammer and one of the other 4 games I mentioned. 

With 2020 being a rebuilding year on offense, defense and even the punting game, Auburn could very well go 8-4 or 7-5. Tough conference games are with UAT, A&M, LSU, Georgia and Ole Miss or Kentucky. Out of conference game is North Carolina. With those teams facing us, the Tigers might end up 7-5.

Ole Miss will be the key game. Kiffin wants to win this one bad and would be a signature win.

If we are still smarting after a possible UNC loss this game could be scary.

A good week of practice won't cut it or a true sophomore QB excuse won't either.

40 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Ole Miss will be the key game. Kiffin wants to win this one bad and would be a signature win.

If we are still smarting after a possible UNC loss this game could be scary.

A good week of practice won't cut it or a true sophomore QB excuse won't either.

I see a maximum of 8-4. They will not win @ GA or Alabama(as Gus doesn't win there) and we will lose to LSU at home, and either lose to NC or one of the Miss schools. 

Our D will be not as good, and even though Bo will be better, I don't expect our offense to be better w Gus. If Morris is given a lot of leeway to change our offensive scheme and passing options then we have a chance to be better. 

Cause the offense will have to help win some games since the D will be below what we had this year.

LSU with Myles Brennan is still gonna be a very good football team.  Id add that under the L column ( hate to say) given the time we play them in 20 unless our new O line coach and OC can make some magic happen.

Miss. State won't be easy now that they have hired Mike Leach. We need a coach who can go head to head every year against Saban, Leach, Fisher, Kiffin and O.

6 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Miss. State won't be easy now that they have hired Mike Leach. We need a coach who can go head to head every year against Saban, Leach, Fisher, Kiffin and O.

That seems logical since they are divisional games every year 🤓

On 1/7/2020 at 6:24 PM, The Six said:

Auburn has a chance to win every game and should dominate several of these. C'mon y'all! Let's have some pride! WAR EAGLE!

Welcome Six. I am on board with you. No reason to feel otherwise.

7 Wins Max. Plain and simple,  SEC games are won and lost in the trenches and we are getting decimated in the trenches with departures. Between OLine and DLine we lose 6 starters by my count and Coe too who I didn't include in the 6. You are kidding yourself if you think 4 new OLine are going to waltz in with 0 SEC starter experience and gell with Brahms to make a top tier OLine. It's rare that Juco linemen come on and are studs and the existing depth is not top tier SEC. It takes serious adjustment. Losing Brown and Davidson, especially Brown really hurts the defense. Having a stud like Brown makes the entire D better. The depth has no one even close to Brown and the 2ndary was full of really good cover and sure tacklers and was decimated with graduates and Iggy. At least we got some young bucks in the 2ndary depth and some true studs at LB thankfully. I'm just calling out cold hard facts and would love to have egg all over my face but unfortunately I think 7 Wins Max. 

18 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

7 Wins Max. Plain and simple,  SEC games are won and lost in the trenches and we are getting decimated in the trenches with departures. Between OLine and DLine we lose 6 starters by my count and Coe too who I didn't include in the 6. You are kidding yourself if you think 4 new OLine are going to waltz in with 0 SEC starter experience and gell with Brahms to make a top tier OLine. It's rare that Juco linemen come on and are studs and the existing depth is not top tier SEC. It takes serious adjustment. Losing Brown and Davidson, especially Brown really hurts the defense. Having a stud like Brown makes the entire D better. The depth has no one even close to Brown and the 2ndary was full of really good cover and sure tacklers and was decimated with graduates and Iggy. At least we got some young bucks in the 2ndary depth and some true studs at LB thankfully. I'm just calling out cold hard facts and would love to have egg all over my face but unfortunately I think 7 Wins Max. 

Those are all valid concerns and expecting 7-5 makes sense with the statistical norms.

13 hours ago, The Six said:

I am new here. I am not new to Auburn nor Gus Malzahn. I came here from a board that has turned all neg all the time. 

Well....in that case welcome aboard my friend. This a great group....it can get negative, but most everybody are great posters with a vast majority of knowledge and a vaster mixture of opinions lol. Ultimately we all want what i best for Auburn.

Posters on both sides of the Gus fence take it a little far sometimes....myself included. War Damn Eagle!. 

I was listening to the newest Jay Tate podcast and they were discussing the use of TEs in Chip’s offenses elsewhere.  It would be nice to see one of the 4 highly rated ones we’ve recruited play somewhere other than Hback.  That being said I bet that the kid from Mississippi could plow down some LBs and DBs blocking for our Rbs.

As has been said, the battle is won in the trenches. Given what we've seen and the amount of returning experience on the lines, which SEC opponents do you think Auburn can line up and beat without some miracle grad transfers? Arkansas, maybe. Until proven otherwise, we have an OL that will be competitive in the Sunbelt, not the SEC. 7-5 is the ceiling but expecting 5-7.

Alcorn ST- W

UNC- Toss up

@ Ole Miss- W but closer than the experts think

USM- W

UK- Toss up

@ UGA- L

TAMU- Toss up

@MSU- W

Arky- W

UMass- W

LSU- L

@ Bama- L

I'll be optimistic and say we take 2 of the 3 toss ups and go 8-4, 5-3 in SEC.

We beat TAMU (I think they are still a year away from being built the way Jimbo wants them) and UK (Joey isn't playing), but lose to UNC (Mack>Gus).

Well, I have the pump handle in my hand. The offense will be better over this year’s version. Improved oline will make a difference. And while there will be drop off on defense, It won’t be on the order of elite to suck. More like elite to very good. Auburn will field better personal against all but 3 teams (bamr, uga, and LSU). Auburn won’t lose to UNC and A&M at home. Despite the hoopla over Kiffin and Leach,  you still need the jimmies and joes. Although playing in Athens, Auburn has a good chance to beat uga considering the buttsniffers will be breaking in an entire new oline and a new qb. Auburn is likely to beat LSU, considering they will also have a new qb and the game is in Auburn. Plus the NC hangover. After '84 and '85, I never expect Auburn to beat bamr. So split LSU and uga, lose to bamr.

10-2

Archived