AU on The Bachelor

around4ever

Mods move if necessary. 

I know this has little to do with Auburn sports, but next Monday night is going to give Auburn Basketball some big-time National pub.

For those interested, Bachelorette Madison, who is from Auburn, will be showing off the city of Auburn and more specifically, Auburn Arena, on her date. Last night, they showed previews of her & her date shooting hoops in The Jungle. Pretty cool. Good National exposure for AU hoops.

FWIW, she is the heavy favorite to become engaged to the Bachelor as she has reached the Final Four. When she accepted her rose last night, she said “War Eagle!”  Wife & I literally LOL’d. 

And no, I would not be watching it if it weren’t for my wife. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Viper said:

Mods move if necessary. 

I know this has little to do with Auburn sports, but next Monday night is going to give Auburn Basketball some big-time National pub.

For those interested, Bachelorette Madison, who is from Auburn, will be showing off the city of Auburn and more specifically, Auburn Arena, on her date. Last night, they showed previews of her & her date shooting hoops in The Jungle. Pretty cool. Good National exposure for AU hoops.

FWIW, she is the heavy favorite to become engaged to the Bachelor as she has reached the Final Four. When she accepted her rose last night, she said “War Eagle!”  Wife & I literally LOL’d. 

And no, I would not be watching it if it weren’t for my wife. 

Darn you Viper on the spoiler!!! 

3AC6A99B-D006-4E38-B6BE-F712A5E270F2.gif

Y'all, I've been watching for the fact that Madison is a true blue Auburn girl and that Peter, the bachelor, is not bad to look at! It is pretty funny and I don't take these things seriously. I have wondered why Madison, as sweet and faithful as she is, would want to be on the show. Last year, they had a Bachelorette (they alternate boy, girl) who was an Alabama girl. Her morals are questionable, and she had no problem acting skanky, even though she declared herself to be a Christian. Madison, on the other hand, has stayed completely out of the drama with the other girls, has not gotten drunk, and has publicly declared her faith on the show. She is definitely a contrast to that Bama girl and I am so proud of her for that. I actually think that she's too good for that guy, and even though he "falls" for her, I'm pretty sure she leaves the show at some point. Anyway, I can't wait to watch the show on Monday and see Auburn highlighted. My daughter reads all these spoilers. She says they film part of it at Bruce Pearl's house! Tune in!!! :Sing:

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Y'all, I've been watching for the fact that Madison is a true blue Auburn girl and that Peter, the bachelor, is not bad to look at! It is pretty funny and I don't take these things seriously. I have wondered why Madison, as sweet and faithful as she is, would want to be on the show. Last year, they had a Bachelorette (they alternate boy, girl) who was an Alabama girl. Her morals are questionable, and she had no problem acting skanky, even though she declared herself to be a Christian. Madison, on the other hand, has stayed completely out of the drama with the other girls, has not gotten drunk, and has publicly declared her faith on the show. She is definitely a contrast to that Bama girl and I am so proud of her for that. I actually think that she's too good for that guy, and even though he "falls" for her, I'm pretty sure she leaves the show at some point. Anyway, I can't wait to watch the show on Monday and see Auburn highlighted. My daughter reads all these spoilers. She says they film part of it at Bruce Pearl's house! Tune in!!! :Sing:

I made sure to watch once I heard it was Coach Ps daughter. She has truly handled herself as well as anyone could,  like a true Auburn girl.  I'm excited for her (from what I can see to this point). I have my suspicions on how it plays out with her based on what was previewed at the end,  but no need swaying someone's thoughts with my theory.  I hope it all works out.  She seems like the best catch for sure, regardless of me being biased to an Auburn girl. 

4 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Pete and Hannah B (the bama girl) are perfect for each other. She should of chose him last season. The ones who hook up in a windmill together stay together!!! Lol. And yah I agree at least from the edit of the show Madi is to good for him. She's above the trashy reality TV that bachelor nation is. (Which BTW I'm not knocking trashy reality TV shows. In fact I loveeeeee trashy reality TV. I am after all a truly trashy person! Lol. All I'm saying is that Madison does not seem to be a fit. I.E she's too good for it!!! So yes it's a compliment!!! Hahaha.)

Based on previews, I don't think Madi ends up with Pete. Lots of rumors about Madi being a virgin and Madi's dad not agreeing to give Pete the OK to have Madi's hand. I have watched these shows since the beginning with my wife. We enjoy them. Madi is terrific. To me she would make a great Bachelorette, but she may be too conservative for the show. Not really sure why she decided to go on the show because of her beliefs. They sort of counter the show. I would think she could have any one of 1000's of guys around AU any time. SHe would be great as some sort of TV sports analyst.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:14 PM, JFDTiger80 said:

Based on previews, I don't think Madi ends up with Pete. Lots of rumors about Madi being a virgin and Madi's dad not agreeing to give Pete the OK to have Madi's hand. I have watched these shows since the beginning with my wife. We enjoy them. Madi is terrific. To me she would make a great Bachelorette, but she may be too conservative for the show. Not really sure why she decided to go on the show because of her beliefs. They sort of counter the show. I would think she could have any one of 1000's of guys around AU any time. SHe would be great as some sort of TV sports analyst.

I can't see her being the next bachelorette TBH. Producers want someone like Hannah brown and others who is a lot more promiscuous and will hook up on national TV. The fantasy suite's segments when they get to that point is usually some of the highest rated episodes of the season. 

Like we all have said before in here Madi is to good for trashy reality TV. She can do a lot better than this dbag and any other bachelor nation dude she would encounter on bachelor in paradise. I see her being one and done. 

She represents Her faith and Auburn well. Stark contrast to the other girls.  I loved seeing her express how much she loved Auburn.  I loved seeing Coach Pearl and Charles Barkley be protective of her.  And she has some mad basketball skills!!!

I watched it last night. (The first time I've ever seen a show)  I loved seeing Bruce on there and the message from Sir Charles. And she sure has some serious skills! I dont see her "winning" it. Pete's morals and hers are too far apart. 

I keep looking for YouTube videos of this but with no luck.  Any suggestions for someone who doesn't want to sit through a whole episode?

Loved how she talked about the auburn community and how it was a part of who she was.  And yes she represented auburn very well.  The shock to me is how many people are shocked that a young lady could be a virgin and not sleep with the bachelor.  She gets crucified for having morals and faith.  But thats a topic for another day and another place.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:54 PM, abw0004 said:

I keep looking for YouTube videos of this but with no luck.  Any suggestions for someone who doesn't want to sit through a whole episode?

I think if you go to abc.com they might have clips from the past shows. 🤷‍♀️

• 3 weeks later...

So I didn't watch any of it but I saw an update on a news link and now I'm curious.  It said that this Weber guy dumped the girl he proposed to and has chosen Madison now instead. What a strange show. I have seen it before but it was back during the first 3-4 seasons. Gave up on it just like Survivor. Too scripted and staged. From what people say on here though she seemed like she could have done better than this guy. 

The last few weeks alone raised some questions with the way he backtracks.  I think that will go away though now that they can focus on themselves.  You could see the entire season that of all the girls, maddy had his heart more than any of them.  He had 2 great girls at the end and darn near lost both. The unfortunate part is now the family of Peter have a disdain for Maddy for unfair circumstances it seems.  That mother was very ugly to Madison this week on the live finale, which was bit of an extreme stance on her part.  I think they will do great with each other as long as they stay true to each other instead of him settling for wants of his family. Hope I didn't spoil too much for those not seeing it yet. 

14 hours ago, gr82be said:

Gave up on it just like Survivor.

Don't give up on Survivor!  You are missing one of the best seasons currently!  This season to celebrate their 40th anniversary they only have previous winners playing.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Don't give up on Survivor!  You are missing one of the best seasons currently!  This season to celebrate their 40th anniversary they only have previous winners playing.

Totally agree best yet ...................................................   Boston Rob

@abw0004 @augolf1716 I am an episode behind but loving this season.  I am huge Boston Rob fan.  Don't know why because normally I pull of the under dogs.  But something about that guy just seems like he works his ass off to get what he needs.  Kind of guy you could sit and have a beer with. 

Of course with him & his wife both winning the show, they are probably wine drinkers now...  

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Totally agree best yet ...................................................   Boston Rob

13 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

@abw0004 @augolf1716 I am an episode behind but loving this season.  I am huge Boston Rob fan.  Don't know why because normally I pull of the under dogs.  But something about that guy just seems like he works his ass off to get what he needs.  Kind of guy you could sit and have a beer with. 

Of course with him & his wife both winning the show, they are probably wine drinkers now...  

I am impartial to who I want to win, but I do not want Michele Fitzgerald to win.  How she won her season is the funniest thing ever because she didn't deserve it.  She was literally brought to the final three because the others knew no one would vote for her and she did nothing.  Then she ended up winning because if someone didn't know who to vote for they just voted for her because they knew she wouldn't win.  It was exactly like the Halloween costume contest episode in The Office where everyone voted for Oscar because they couldn't vote for themselves and didn't want to vote for someone that could beat them.

sub-buzz-21204-1540247830-10.jpg?downsizsub-buzz-22003-1540247850-1.jpg?downsizesub-buzz-13417-1540247860-6.jpg?downsize

We have all had one night stands last longer than this "relationship" did (oops was I not supposed to say that!?!. Not PC enough for the board??? Lmao) lol. But for real in all seriousness Good for you Madi!!! Good for freaking you!!!! He's a bleep boy. You can do soooooooooo much better than that 🤡.

Screenshot_20200313-001249.png

15 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Boston Rob for several years was my all time favorite...... Till one llama noises spy shack extradonaire Tony Vlachos came in to muhhhhh life in Survivor Cagayan. There has never been a winner like Tony!!! Most entertaining winner ever. Wooooo!!!! Let's goooo!!! 

There is 4 legends on this season: Rob, Parv, Sandra and Tony. Suprised they all made it to episode 5 intact. They all have absolute massive targets on their back.

Archived