Matt Ruhle to NFL

BJCrawford

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Watch for Morris to Baylor. 

Baylor is not hiring Chad Morris after he tanked at Arkansas.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Baylor is not hiring Chad Morris after he tanked at Arkansas.

Agreed. Seems Ruhle just proved that Briles wasn't a fluke and Baylor can hang with the big boys of the Big 12. They've surpassed Texas and lost two games to OU by a combined 10 points. They're likely aiming much higher than (the current version of) Chad Morris. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. Seems Ruhle just proved that Briles wasn't a fluke and Baylor can hang with the big boys of the Big 12. They've surpassed Texas and lost two games to OU by a combined 10 points. They're likely aiming much higher than (the current version of) Chad Morris. 

Yep. I feel like they would go the non-power 5 route before seeking someone like Chad Morris.

On another note, This guy was talking about how he was pretty much staying at Baylor until he wasn't....lol. This is why I am always for the players. I am also a Panthers fan and have no clue how I feel about this.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

On another note, This guy was talking about how he was pretty much staying at Baylor until he wasn't....lol. This is why I am always for the players. I am also a Panthers fan and have no clue how I feel about this.

I read Rhule was the one being totally straight with his players - telling them if the NFL called he was going to listen. 

Edit: Source - https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/30/matt-rhule-tells-baylor-players-hes-listening-to-nfl/amp/

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I read Rhule was the one being totally straight with his players - telling them if the NFL called he was going to listen. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/31/matt-rhule-says-he-plans-to-stay-at-baylor/

He said he would listen. He also said he was planning on staying in the same statement.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/31/matt-rhule-says-he-plans-to-stay-at-baylor/

He said he would listen. He also said he would stay in the same statement.

That's the most honest I've ever seen a coach be about it TBH. 

I read that as I plan on staying here for now, but I'm listening, and if I get the right offer...

The quotes from his players indicate they knew what was going on. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

That's the most honest I've ever seen a coach be about it TBH. 

I read that as I plan on staying here for now, but I'm listening, and if I get the right offer...

The quotes from his players indicate they knew what was going on. 

Well, if you are planning on staying why are you even listening to offers? That doesn't make sense. But then people get mad when Players flip. It's hilarious. 

Probably why Baylor's recruitment class was trash even after a successful year. Who in their right mind would want to commit to something like that? 

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

telling them if the NFL called he was going to listen. 

..but he couldn't hear a thing over the crash of cash-pallets being piled up in front of him....

This will be very disappointing news to Mikey when he finds this out. He told us all up and down Matt Rhule was not worthy enough to be the next AU Head Coach. Well apparently the NFL disagrees with him since a few teams basically had a bidding war for him!!! lol. 

t43.gif

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Probably why Baylor's recruitment class was trash even after a successful year. Who in their right mind would want to commit to something like that? 

Would you prefer that he lie about it, and then leave?

2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

..but he couldn't hear a thing over the crash of cash-pallets being piled up in front of him....

His family is for sure taken care of now!

Just now, Barnacle said:

Would you prefer that he lie about it, and then leave?

I would prefer you not play both sides. Again, who wants to commit to a coach who says "HEY I PLAN ON BEING HERE, BUT IF THE RIGHT OFFER COMES THEN I AM OUT?"

You might be okay with that but I bet not hear any complaints when a player flips, commits but listens/and visits many other schools, etc. 

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well, if you are planning on staying why are you even listening to offers? That doesn't make sense. But then people get mad when Players flip. It's hilarious. 

I thought I responded to this earlier, but don't see it. So apologies if this is a double post. 

It makes sense to me that he would consider other offers. I've had jobs that I was happy with. I had no immediate plans of leaving, but I also entertained some select offers when they came up. I told them I'm happy where I am, but I want to know what I'm turning down before I turn you down flat. You never know when someone is going to make you an offer you can't refuse. 

Archived