Siposs

AUFriction

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Sometimes things just aren't as funny when they come out as what they were in your head. Lots of devistation going on there. We can all do better.

It was funny.  It doesn’t mean he is cold hearted. Sometimes we need to chill on the virtue signaling.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It was funny.  It doesn’t mean he is cold hearted. Sometimes we need to chill on the virtue signaling.

Always telling when somebody tries to use that term as an insult to replace the word "decency". Also ironic (read: highly and embarrassingly hypocritical) when somebody refers to others' opinions as "virtue signaling" while riding in on their own horse.

Dude might not be cold hearted but the comment was made in poor taste. 

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Always telling when somebody tries to use that term as an insult to replace the word "decency". Also ironic (read: highly and embarrassingly hypocritical) when somebody refers to others' opinions as "virtue signaling" while riding in on their own horse.

Dude might not be cold hearted but the comment was made in poor taste. 

Comedy is a defense mechanism that the world has rebuffed as on late.  Please see Ricky Gervias’ remarks at the Golden Globe Award Ceremony and tell me you didn’t laugh. 

I’m sorry you are so uptight.

21 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i thought siposs was a stud muffin and basically had his pick of the ladies on campus? why would he leave early for that reason alone? unless he is engaged or married.

He is married. 

He left early bc he is 27, married and shuttling back and forth between Australia and Auburn must have been tough for 2 years. When these type of guys sign, they are simply trying to get as much experience and learning in order to try the NFL. And he probably was ready to give it try and make some real money, especially since he is married.

He made the right decision based on all that...

I've never heard of a punter going high in the draft. Maybe Siposs will change all that. Good luck and thank you being a good punter for Auburn the last 2 years.

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I've never heard of a punter going high in the draft. Maybe Siposs will change all that. Good luck and thank you being a good punter for Auburn the last 2 years.

Its happened, but it is very rare. Most are taken 5th rd and down. I believe there was one punter taken in the 2nd round a few years ago. 

Siposs is not a top level draft pick. His numbers are not that eye-popping.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Comedy is a defense mechanism that the world has rebuffed as on late.  Please see Ricky Gervias’ remarks at the Golden Globe Award Ceremony and tell me you didn’t laugh. 

I’m sorry you are so uptight.

He's not uptight and for that matter the original post may have meant to be funny but the fire is not. Ask the family members of the 25 who have died. There have also been acres of land destroyed and an estimated 1 billion animals have died as a result. My original post was simply that some things may sound funny to us personally but once they are stated maybe the aren't as funny. I also said we can all do better. @McLoofus isn't uptight about anything unless you think being respectful about loss of lives is uptight. There are times and things to joke about and then there are subjects that need to be off limits. 

46 minutes ago, gr82be said:

There are times and things to joke about and then there are subjects that need to be off limits. 

This I can agree with. If his statement was given in a blog or discussion site about the fires in Australia it would be inappropriate, no question.  It was not, it was given in an Auburn Football forum and although it could end up in one of those sites, the intent was not malicious.

51 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Ask the family members of the 25 who have died

Here’s the virtue signaling part; I have prayed for the family members of those lost in the fire, I just don’t feel the need to express it to the world.  I guess I’m not a virtuous as some in the world

Did you listen to Ricky Gervias’ remarks and did you laugh?

44 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This I can agree with. If his statement was given in a blog or discussion site about the fires in Australia it would be inappropriate, no question.  It was not, it was given in an Auburn Football forum and although it could end up in one of those sites, the intent was not malicious.

Here’s the virtue signaling part; I have prayed for the family members of those lost in the fire, I just don’t feel the need to express it to the world.  I guess I’m not a virtuous as some in the world

Did you listen to Ricky Gervias’ remarks and did you laugh?

I did after the fact and I laughed at portions but not all. Some of it wasn't funny at all. 

Who ever recruited Siposs 2 years ago, needs to go back to Australia and talk him into signing with Auburn. Also, find a place-kicker while your there.

45 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I did after the fact and I laughed at portions but not all. Some of it wasn't funny at all. 

An honest answer, thanks.  I too laughed at most, not all.  I wasn’t sure I laughed at Hollywood or the reactions.  The Epstein thing was questionable, but thought provoking.

I honestly can't believe we never let the Aussie run a fake punt.  The man is huge for a punter and played tackle football without pads!   

Can you imagine him bearing down on a guy from the flat that hung around?   

Oh well, what was I thinking?   

17 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thank you for sticking up for me IAM4. But perhaps what they’re saying is true?

Maybe I’m just...

88A2A76A-73EA-4F13-944D-9529C521F10C.gif

18 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Its happened, but it is very rare. Most are taken 5th rd and down. I believe there was one punter taken in the 2nd round a few years ago. 

Siposs is not a top level draft pick. His numbers are not that eye-popping.

And the best of all time Ray Guy was a first round pick. 

2 hours ago, Auskip said:

Anyways...my apologies to those whom I may have offended.

0E9759FF-DEB4-4605-9382-AC3237FA4113.gif

Nice GIF, is this real? Because the two watching at the end just stand there with zero reaction like it happens all the time. 

21 hours ago, steeleagle said:

He is married. 

He left early bc he is 27, married and shuttling back and forth between Australia and Auburn must have been tough for 2 years. When these type of guys sign, they are simply trying to get as much experience and learning in order to try the NFL. And he probably was ready to give it try and make some real money, especially since he is married.

He made the right decision based on all that...

appreciate you  taking time to answer me!

One of the TV talking heads stated that there are now 40-some Aussie punters in D-1 American football. They are training them for punting down there. I think we can get another one if that's the route we want to take. It might be just a matter of finding the right fit.

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Nice GIF, is this real? Because the two watching at the end just stand there with zero reaction like it happens all the time. 

No it isn't real

56 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

No it isn't real

It looked awkward for sure but then again, with a faceplant it doesn't get more awkward than that. 

On 1/7/2020 at 8:11 PM, AUBwins said:

Been preaching that from the beginning. Gus’s ability to underutilize potential spreads to the punter as well. 

considering the amount of 4 and outs we had this season i wouldnt call the punters position as one of the under utilized on this team.   

On 1/10/2020 at 6:43 AM, gr82be said:

Pretty sure he would've died on impact if that was real...

Archived