looking for new OL coach

GwillMac6

32 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Here’s a tweet video of him explaining his disappointments after a loss w/ UNC In 2018:

He put some great lines together for USM under Fedora and seems to have improved UNC dramatically.

Can he croot?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Bring other Grimes back! It’s a JABA move, but I liked our line when he was here.

3E7FB1AC-964C-463A-A8F8-F526D1E7A4CD.jpeg

I actually looked him up the other day.  It’s probably gonna be hard to convince an OC to become an Oline coach.  I don’t know if it was Grimes or Chiz but there was some serious Oline talent brought in from 09-12.  Almost too much talent at one point.

I forgot just how good of an OL coach Jeff Crimes really was for Auburn. He was on the Plains from 2009 til 2012. Jeff was a darn good OL coach.

Chizik was head coach when Jeff Crimes was our OL coach. We all know Cam won the 2010 SEC & National Championship. I never said otherwise.

Just now, auburn4ever said:

Chizik was head coach when Jeff Crimes was our OL coach.

Chizik had it made.  The 'cruitin machine was in full gear, his position coaches were mostly very good, and he had Cam Newton and a MNC to dominate the recruiting trail with.

How do you screw something up that badly?

12 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Chizik had it made.  The 'cruitin machine was in full gear, his position coaches were mostly very good, and he had Cam Newton and a MNC to dominate the recruiting trail with.

Probably Gus’s fault

41 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

His D coaches stunk

On 1/9/2020 at 5:16 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

My for what it’s worth opinion. JB Grimes is a well respected OL coach. He is probably one of the better OL technique coaches out there. If you bothered to ever watch some of the practice video you would see that. JB was not a great recruiter, not because of his lack of knowing OL talent but because he is not a big conversationalist like other coaches. That said he did well at AU. Most forget about his earlier success  like in 2013 and 2014 when AU lead the country In rushing yardage. If you bother to remember JB suffered some serious health problems a few years ago. It was JB’s choice to leave to go follow his son and it was JB’S decision to leave now. You can be assured he was never asked to leave either time. In fact when Herb left the first number Gus called was JB’s and he accepted because of his relationship with Gus and his love for Auburn. Life as a D1P5 coach is a lot more hectic than most on here seem to realize. 18 hour days, 6 days a week sometime 7. It is a major grind especially for someone his age and who has suffered illnesses he has. Complain if you wish about the lack of productivity you feel wasn’t accomplished this year at the OL position. But rest assured Auburn was very lucky to have had JB Grimes as coach . I can guarantee you every young man that played for him is eternally grateful for his guidance and his friendship. I wish the best for JB in all his future endeavors.

He turned a former high school teammate of mine into an NFL player at Va. Tech back in the day. He will always have my respect. 

6 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He put some great lines together for USM under Fedora and seems to have improved UNC dramatically.

Can he croot?

yeah. UNCheat. 

On 1/7/2020 at 9:20 PM, ValleyTiger said:

Yuck, we didn't HAVE to throw titles at an relatively new, unproven former letterman turned coach to improve his career path. That was Gus sweetening the pot for his yes man.

I didnt say that I agreed with it, but after CDC, Gus wanted Kodi on staff. To get Kodi on staff, a promotion was required... especially as Kodi had been hired only a month prior by Arizona State to be the RB coach. Coaches dont usually make lateral moves..there must be some incentive. Kodis incentive was a promotion to Co-OC. 

Kodi leaving ASU for Auburn was just like Rich Bisaccia leaving Auburn for the Cowboys after a month...

Complain to Gus about giving Kodi the Co-OC gig, not to me. 

But no, it wasn't Gus "sweeting the pot for his yes man," it was the type of promotion that coaches ALWAYS offer position coaches to make lateral moves... especially ones who have been at their current positions for less than two months... This is certainly not just a Gus thing. If you think it is, you are either new to football, or you havent paid very much attention. 

On 1/8/2020 at 10:01 AM, bigbird said:

Those wanting a wow hire need to realize most OL coaches are not wow hires. Most are unknown entities.

Kinda like middle school DB coaches

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I didnt say that I agreed with it, but after CDC, Gus wanted Kodi on staff. To get Kodi on staff, a promotion was required... especially as Kodi had been hired only a month prior by Arizona State to be the RB coach. Coaches dont usually make lateral moves..there must be some incentive. Kodis incentive was a promotion to Co-OC. 

Kodi leaving ASU for Auburn was just like Rich Bisaccia leaving Auburn for the Cowboys after a month...

But no, it wasn't Gus "sweeting the pot for his yes man," it was the type of promotion that coaches ALWAYS offer position coaches to make lateral moves... especially ones who have been at their current positions for less than two months... This is certainly not just a Gus thing. If you think it is, you are either new to football, or you havent paid very much attention. 

Excuse me, but on what planet is RB Coach at Arizona State a lateral position to WR Coach at Auburn?

RB Coach to WR Coach is generally a "promotion" within itself. Coaching WR's is much more demanding, hence why the WR Coach is almost always paid more.

No, he did not need to give him a Co-OC title to validate that move. 

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Excuse me, but on what planet is RB Coach at Arizona State a lateral position to WR Coach at Auburn?

RB Coach to WR Coach is generally a "promotion" within itself. Coaching WR's is much more demanding, hence why the WR Coach is almost always paid more.

It wasn’t to validate the move. It was to avoid paying a buyout on his asu contract. 

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Because it's a P5 position coach job to P5 position coach job. 

You people put too much value on the draw Auburn has to people.  

Kodi Burns had JUST been hired as a position coach at another P5 gig. It's not a normal thing for a coach to take a job only to jump to another less than 2 months into their current position. 

So for one P5 position coach to P5 position coach is a lateral move. It's not like we hired him from Middle Tennessee State. For two, its absolutely routine for a position coach to make a lateral move with a bump in position, thus his Co-OC title.

This isnt something that I would think even an average football fan would need explained, much less YOU.

And in what world is being a WR coach more demanding than a RB coach? Especially in THIS offense? People, even on this very site,  have stated recently that coaching WR is the easiest spot on the staff. That it is mainly just a recruiter needed there because the routes come from the OC or HC in our case. Not that I agree with that notion, but it still stands that it is the way some think...

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Heh, that's a cute little reply. 

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Naw, I'm not worked up over it, but your level of butthurt over my initial post is comical.

Butthurt?

How? 

Pointing out the obvious is butthurt now? LoL Mmmk Skippy. I wont be continuing this any further if you cant back up your argument 

Archived