looking for new OL coach

GwillMac6

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Butthurt?

How? 

Pointing out the obvious is butthurt now? LoL Mmmk Skippy. I wont be continuing this any further if you cant back up your argument 

Yup, butthurt bc you went straight to the personal attacks, for what? 

Just sit down son. I'm trying to enjoy the Auburn basketball game. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I didnt say that I agreed with it, but after CDC, Gus wanted Kodi on staff. To get Kodi on staff, a promotion was required... especially as Kodi had been hired only a month prior by Arizona State to be the RB coach. Coaches dont usually make lateral moves..there must be some incentive. Kodis incentive was a promotion to Co-OC. 

Kodi leaving ASU for Auburn was just like Rich Bisaccia leaving Auburn for the Cowboys after a month...

Complain to Gus about giving Kodi the Co-OC gig, not to me. 

But no, it wasn't Gus "sweeting the pot for his yes man," it was the type of promotion that coaches ALWAYS offer position coaches to make lateral moves... especially ones who have been at their current positions for less than two months... This is certainly not just a Gus thing. If you think it is, you are either new to football, or you havent paid very much attention. 

It was a disingenuous way to get Kodi out of his contractual buyout at ASU.   He had to leave for a "promtion", he'd owe ASU money if he left to be a position coach elsewhere.   And for a guy with next to zero coaching experience?  The whole thing has stunk from the beginning.

Kodi has let too many 4 & 5 star WR's slip away to other schools. The Ross kid at Clemson and George Pickens who flipped from the Tigers to Georgia on signing day after being committed to Auburn for 8 to 9 months. So again, we must have a better WR coach who's able to recruit and hold on to his star recruits. As we've seen, Kodi Burns can't do either.

8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Lodi has let too many 4 & 5 star WR's slip away to other schools. The Ross kid at Clemson and George Pickens who flipped from the Tigers to Georgia on signing day after being committed to Auburn for 8 to 9 months. So again, we must have a better WR coach who's able to recruit and hold on to his star recruits.

His gaffe with Pickens' recruitment would've gotten him canned most places.

I could think of a lot of WR coaches/recruiters that's better then Kodi. The WR coaches at Clemson, LSU, Ohio State, Minnesota, Oklahoma, UAT, Florida, Georgia just to name a few. Wish we had one of them.

I know this doesn’t have to do with the OL coach but as far as our line next year does it seem like it will be big Z/Troxell, Irvin, Brahms, K Jones, Bro Hamm for right now? 

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Kodi has let too many 4 & 5 star WR's slip away to other schools. The Ross kid at Clemson and George Pickens who flipped from the Tigers to Georgia on signing day after being committed to Auburn for 8 to 9 months. So again, we must have a better WR coach who's able to recruit and hold on to his star recruits. As we've seen, Kodi Burns can't do either.

Lol good riddance to Pickens and Ross was always a long shot. A receiver, quite frankly, is better off in Clemson’s system. 

51 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I could think of a lot of WR coaches/recruiters that's better then Kodi. The WR coaches at Clemson, LSU, Ohio State, Minnesota, Oklahoma, UAT, Florida, Georgia just to name a few. Wish we had one of them.

So all of those teams you mention have a better wide receiving corps than does Auburn?

8 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

I think the hire will likely be a Chad Morris guy. Like Dustin Fry.

If this is the guy then I wonder what is the hold up in announcing. I am most likely wrong but I think the longer it goes with no announcement the less likely it is Dustin Fry. 

13 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

So all of those teams you mention have a better wide receiving corps than does Auburn?

Unfortunately we'll never know as their utilization is woefully below each of those programs.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

you know what else I could think a lot of? all of those coaches for said above teams you mention all have better head coaches than the one kodi work for and they run a light year better offense than captain obvious. 

If things happen the way I have a feeling they will, 2020 could very well be Gus' last on the Plains. With the rebuilding on defense, offense and the kicking game. Now the SEC west just got a lot stronger with Leach, Kiffin and Pittman coming in. Not mention Saban, Fisher and O,  Gus might be looking at 7-5 during the regular season.

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If things happen the way I have a feeling they will, 20220 could very well be Gus' last on the Plains. With the rebuilding on defense, offense and the kicking game. Now the SEC west just got a lot stronger with Leach, Kiffin and Pittman coming in. Not mention Saban, Fisher and O,  Gus might be looking at 7-5 during the regular season.

A4E...that's just too long. I can't even. 🤮😭🤣

I'm so hoping Gus will hire Adrian Klemm. His coaching profile stood out the best of all the others. He won 3 super bowl rings when he played for Pittsburgh.

33 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I'm so hoping Gus will hire Adrian Klemm. His coaching profile stood out the best of all the others. He won 3 super bowl rings when he played for Pittsburgh.

Have you seen Leon Sandcastle's? It's incredible!

39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Have you seen Leon Sandcastle's? It's incredible!

Malzahn and Steele are both balding.......Having an afro is a prerequisite to being our next OL coach.  I like it.

16 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Malzahn and Steele are both balding.......Having an afro is a prerequisite to being our next OL coach.  I like it.

I am on my 4th bottle of Rogaine without too much hair growth! I would have it all off, but the wife wants me to grow it out!

41 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I am on my 4th bottle of Rogaine without too much hair growth! I would have it all off, but the wife wants me to grow it out!

I started losing it shortly after high school (got to love genetics).  I have kept if very short for the past 30 years.  This past year, finally decided to shave it off rather than have that short patchy look.  Happens to the best of us.  Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.......who we going to get as OL coach?  Needs to happen this week.

On 1/11/2020 at 5:33 PM, Zeek said:

Lol good riddance to Pickens and Ross was always a long shot. A receiver, quite frankly, is better off in Clemson’s system. 

Clemson is having transcendent recruiting classes and probably had the most sustained receiver success since 2010 of anyone other than LSU and Bama, and these guys are clowning Kodi bc he cant yield top 3 type receiver talent in a top 100 passing offense

We dont even blink anymore when our QB has less than 200 passing yards against susceptible defenses, and we're supposed to get the same type of talent as THE receiver pipeline and the two premier dynasties of the past 13 years lol

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

the fact we get the caliber of guys we get now should earn Kodi a real job somewhere else

True. Would be nice if he had been interviewed somewhere by now?

On 1/11/2020 at 5:33 PM, Zeek said:

When you say good riddance to talented players then you really can't be mad at the coach IMO. If you don't care about getting the best athletes you can't get mad that a coach can't make a guy something that he's not. Especially wr. You don't make wr's great, you just have to give them opportunities because the alpha wr's are what they are. 

Archived