looking for new OL coach

GwillMac6

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

When you say good riddance to talented players then you really can't be mad at the coach IMO. If you don't care about getting the best athletes you can't get mad that a coach can't make a guy something that he's not. Especially wr. You don't make wr's great, you just have to give them opportunities because the alpha wr's are what they are. 

I don't usually say good riddance to recruits but Pickens is a cancer that I'm glad we don't have. Regarding Ross I would have loved to have him but sometimes you miss. We have more talent at the receiver position than we've had in decades. Now, how they're being used is a completely different conversation. Schwartz is plenty talented and not being used. Seth isn't being used near his potential. Hill has been given virtually no chance outside of blocking. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who say good riddance to Ross and Perkens. I bet if Kodi had done a better and signed both guys, the fans would be pushing for the Heisman. But since they slipped through Kodi's fingers, those guys are nothing but trouble makers. Last time I, checked, Ross and will be playing another national championship. Besides losing 4 games a year in past 6 straight years, what has Gus Malzahn done for Auburn in his 7 years??? NOTHING!!!

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

nuv QaQ riddance jatlh ross 'ej perkens. vaj Dunmo' 'ej cha' tlhIH guys signed lodi, yuv fans heisman bet jIH. 'ach qaSchoH slipped chaH vegh kodi nItlh, guys SoS 'ach chenmoH Seng. wa'Hu' jIH, ross poH 'ej latlh championship national chu'. ram 4 Quj DIS 6 DIS 'ach not naQ lutDaj luj, nuq luta' gus malzahn auburn 7 DIS???

I tried translating into Klingon, but it still makes no sense.

10 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I tried translating into Klingon, but it still makes no sense.

Bo-chi & pig latin I believe

23 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Besides losing 4 games a year in 6 straight years, what has Gus Malzahn done for Auburn in his 7 years???

What does one do when they start agreeing with A4E?

We need to get this done and over with soon. Not sure what is up with Gus making the hire. Hopefully it will be a good hire. With Gus, all things are impossible!

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Much like the age old question, What does one do when they're fired as a McDonald's janitor?

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think he loves auburn and Gus 

You are correct on both fronts I bet. That said, still wonder if he is any other coaches radar.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

For those who say good riddance to Ross and Perkens. I bet if Lodi had done a better and signed both guys, the fans would be pushing for the Heisman. But since they slipped through Kodi's fingers, those guys are mother but trouble makes. Last time I, Ross and will be playing another national championship. Besides losing 4 games a year in 6 straight years, what has Gus Malzahn done for Auburn in his 7 years???

Lodi dodi he likes to party, he should done better and signed somebody.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Go towards the light!

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

I don't usually say good riddance to recruits but Pickens is a cancer that I'm glad we don't have. Regarding Ross I would have loved to have him but sometimes you miss. We have more talent at the receiver position than we've had in decades. Now, how they're being used is a completely different conversation. Schwartz is plenty talented and not being used. Seth isn't being used near his potential. Hill has been given virtually no chance outside of blocking. 

More talent at the position than we've had in decades? Uh...

I heard today he was considering hiring Jerry Faust.   

1. Worked his way up through the high school ranks.  Gus really values that.   Won almost 200 games.

2. D1 coach from a blueblood program - headcoach once, now that I think harder.  yup, sure was.  Like Matt Luke.

3.  coached tons of high school All Americans - can recruit Big 10 region for big bodies

Been in the trenches, though and through. 

I wouldn't be surprised....

On 1/11/2020 at 3:15 PM, auburn4ever said:

Kodi has let too many 4 & 5 star WR's slip away to other schools. The Ross kid at Clemson and George Pickens who flipped from the Tigers to Georgia on signing day after being committed to Auburn for 8 to 9 months. So again, we must have a better WR coach who's able to recruit and hold on to his star recruits. As we've seen, Kodi Burns can't do either.

Our recruiting issues are not with WR's. We get more than our share of highly rated receivers. We have not been recruiting well on the OL, and we won't compete for championships without a much better OL. Our new OL coach needs to be a terrific recruiter.

19 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Go towards the light!

Hey Bird...what do you think of Bicnell as our new OL coach?  I think he is an upgrade over JB Grimes.

On 1/9/2020 at 11:26 AM, imaolgatiger said:

Multiple insiders have said the same, but it seems a lot of our fans that knows everything doesn’t want to know this. Apparently it doesn’t fit their agenda. Also we’ve been told many times by these same insiders that “the way Kodi handled moving to receiver” isn’t this great heroic deed that most want to believe. 

What does that even have to do with anything? Are you an insider?

On 1/9/2020 at 11:26 AM, imaolgatiger said:

Multiple insiders have said the same, but it seems a lot of our fans that knows everything doesn’t want to know this. Apparently it doesn’t fit their agenda. Also we’ve been told many times by these same insiders that “the way Kodi handled moving to receiver” isn’t this great heroic deed that most want to believe. 

I'm not an insider but sadly I think you are right

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

What does that even have to do with anything? Are you an insider?

It clearly has to do with the ongoing discussion.

Archived