UGA OL Cade Mays enters transfer portal

Auhud08

UGA seems to have a bigger exodus of players this year than last year.  I wonder what is going on...

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

UGA seems to have a bigger exodus of players this year than last year.  I wonder what is going on...

Pittman leaving perhaps?

He's played everywhere on the line and I think played at Tackle this year (?). If we can't pull Jones, this might not be a terrible consolation.

I'm surprised this guy is leaving. Soph starter. Would be a huge get, played every position this year, including LT.  Maybe just going back home to Tennessee.

13 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Pittman leaving perhaps?

He's played everywhere on the line and I think played at Tackle this year (?). If we can't pull Jones, this might not be a terrible consolation.

There are a few guys on defense entering the portal as well.  I wonder if it is just everyone now realizing the picture they were painted during recruiting is not how it actually was.  Maybe too many promises given out that were never to be fulfilled.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

He’s all Tennessee. He’s a legacy and his brother goes there. Unfortunately.

This, plus we don't want that family on The Plains....yuck. Let 'em have fun with Cornbread.

Yes please! I love helping these guys come to the light side of the force. With that being said, we really need an OL coach before we're able to pull a kid like this. Must not have gelled with Luke or something I don't know.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yes please! I love helping these guys come to the light side of the force. With that being said, we really need an OL coach before we're able to pull a kid like this. Must not have gelled with Luke or something I don't know.

You sure you want this Zeek? 

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

You sure you want this Zeek? 

Can he block?

19 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

He’s all Tennessee. He’s a legacy and his brother goes there. Unfortunately.

This has aged nicely:

35 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This has aged nicely:

As odd as this whole thing is with his family watch him still transfer to the Vols to be with his little bro.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 3:07 PM, auburn4ever said:

Why not?

You need a picture for everything.  What's been implied fairly clearly is that the kid AND his family seem to think they are bigger than the institutions they have been associated with.  That's enough for most to want to dis-associate, but the worst part of all is that they're willing to do anything to prove it.  Loyalty and commitment are just words to them (which I believe you are likewise inclined).  The kid's father and brother played/play at UT, but I don't think this ends well for anybody wearing hunter safety/road crew orange.  I'm betting both wind up somewhere else besides Knoxville in a couple of years.  Looks like he's going to lawyer up against the NCAA as well.... 

"Cade Mays hires high-profile attorney who blasts Georgia for taking 'low road' following lineman's transfer"

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/cade-mays-tennessee-georgia-thomas-mars-immediate-eligibility-lawsuit-2020/

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived