Question regarding Whitlow

Tigerpro2a

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bigbird said:

That's like saying that girl is hot except for the hunchback and pegleg...

Nothing wrong with that..............................imo

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

You haven't seen the witcher yet on netflix.

1577079443336.gif

3 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Oh, you mean Yennefer...

OT 

But after watching that on Netflix I bought the witcher 3 and man alive it's an awesome game. 

And oh yeah

That's more like it. 

wticher-yennefer.jpg

If somebody transferred, it wouldn’t be Boobee it’d be somebody else. CFB fans are funny because everyone is always obsessed with who’s next. Everyone thinks there’s somebody on the bench or there’s somebody coming in who’s gonna save the day. When DJ finally got healthy fans thought it’d be him but that didn’t necessarily happen and we seen who was the better back at the time

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

If somebody transferred, it wouldn’t be Boobee it’d be somebody else. CFB fans are funny because everyone is always obsessed with who’s next. Everyone thinks there’s somebody on the bench or there’s somebody coming in who’s gonna save the day. When DJ finally got healthy fans thought it’d be him but that didn’t necessarily happen and we seen who was the better back at the time

I agree with your premise, but Boobee was in year 3 and DJ a true FR with a few weeks of experience and limited practice due to injury. DJ's ceiling is much higher. I do believe Boobee was better this year (minus the fumbles), but I think it is only a matter of time before DJ and possibly other pass Boobee especially if he continues to put the ball on the ground.

I saw flashes out of DJ to what he can be and those flashes are much better than what I believe Boobee will be at his best. Maybe it doesn't happen this coming season, but I have a feeling by midseason Boobee will be 1B not 1A. That's just my opinion. 

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

IMG-0237.jpg

19 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yes....I He reminds me of KJ meets Kenny Irons.

Kenny Irons, what a guy, that dude ran HARD, talked trash, AND backed it up.  Loved him.

It's hard to read the mind of kids. We've seen some of our players try to make the jump to the NFL too early and it did not work out well for them. There are some really good RBs in the draft this year, and teams don't draft RBs like they used to. There are more than 30 RBs in this years draft that project as draft quality. That includes Taylor (Wisc), Swift (UGA), Etienne (Clemson), Najee Harris (Bama), Moss, Chubba Hubbard (Oky St), Dobbins (tOSU), Perine (UF), Akers, Phillips (Ole Miss), Vaughan (Vandy).

Of course, the competition will be tough every year, but right now I just don't see the numbers adding up for Boobee. Averaged less than 5 yds per carry, 5 fumbles, lacking breakaway speed. He's been a good back for us, but has been losing ground to DJ.

A tough decision for Whitlow.

7 minutes ago, AURex said:

Of course, the competition will be tough every year, but right now I just don't see the numbers adding up for Boobee. Averaged less than 5 yds per carry, 5 fumbles, lacking breakaway speed. He's been a good back for us, but has been losing ground to DJ.

A tough decision for Whitlow.

That' kind of where my thought process is. He could potentially lose a lot of carries next year depending on the development of DJ, MAR, H. Joiner, and Tank. I just don't know. I like Boobee, but I honestly do not know what his best option would be.

I know right now he is labeled as #1 RB. If he thinks he is going to be better and not be overtaken or lose reps to other guys then he should definitely stay.

If he sees a different writing on the walls...then he may decide it is better off to declare or transfer to a school where he could be the bell cow and put together a couple good seasons to up his stock. I just don't know. Hope he stays.

A big issue for NFL teams will be his propensity to fumble. If he can't hold onto the ball in college, wait til NFL players get at him. IMO, if he wants a shot at the NFL, his priority #1 is to stop fumbling.

I wouldn't hand the ball off to Boobee in any meaningful moments.  Not until he washes the butter off his hands.

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Y'all never heard of a butterface??

15 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

I wouldn't hand the ball off to Boobee in any meaningful moments.  Not until he washes the butter off his hands.

Multiple buttered body parts on one page. Has to be a first?

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I agree with your premise, but Boobee was in year 3 and DJ a true FR with a few weeks of experience and limited practice due to injury. DJ's ceiling is much higher. I do believe Boobee was better this year (minus the fumbles), but I think it is only a matter of time before DJ and possibly other pass Boobee especially if he continues to put the ball on the ground.

I saw flashes out of DJ to what he can be and those flashes are much better than what I believe Boobee will be at his best. Maybe it doesn't happen this coming season, but I have a feeling by midseason Boobee will be 1B not 1A. That's just my opinion. 

We’ll see. I seen some decent runs but nothing that says he’ll be better than Boobee. I think fans just want to see something new and just want to push Boobee out. When it’s all said and done I don’t even think it’ll be DJ who’s 1A but somebody else 

The thing about Boobie and the fumbles was I believe they only happened in a few games. Like he had 2 baaaaad games with the fumbles and was solid besides those.  Not saying that's good, but perhaps his fumbling issue as not as consistent and more sporadic with really low lows. Not sure what the answer is, but I found that interesting when looking further into things. 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

We’ll see. I seen some decent runs but nothing that says he’ll be better than Boobee. I think fans just want to see something new and just want to push Boobee out. When it’s all said and done I don’t even think it’ll be DJ who’s 1A but somebody else 

I should have been more specific with the last part of my post.....I don't know if it is DJ or MAR or Tank or combination of the 3 that push Boobee out....I just think he gets pushed out. I think there are several guys with higher ceilings. 

Archived