Question regarding Whitlow

Tigerpro2a

On 1/8/2020 at 4:49 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

DJ seemed to run right into the DL most of his runs this season. DJ may be the better back eventually, but this season it wasnt even close.

DJ’s vision will improve. I wouldn’t expect much from a true freshman runningback. The thing that DJ won’t be able to control is the blocking. It’s hard to believe the line will be worse next year.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Spring I expect Joiner to transfer and one other.   Two backs to transfer.  

Whitlow?  No b/c Gus. is so loyal to the older players and will play Whitlow in place of the most qualified.

DJ or MAR?   I suspect one of these will transfer.  

Worm?  Nah, when he nearly decapitated that bama kid, he created a legacy moment that will be played for years.

That's my take....

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Multiple buttered body parts on one page. Has to be a first?

Why yes, I do have a gif for that!

You+Me+And+Dupree+GIF-downsized_large.gi

On 1/8/2020 at 2:51 PM, gr82be said:

That's not being a pessimist, it's being a realist. 

Same thing here!

On 1/8/2020 at 3:48 PM, Barnacle said:

EXCEPT for the fumbles, I think he's a solid back and did well running behind our o-line. I don't see him having much success in the NFL at this point, but that's a pretty darn uninformed opinion. That said, as our line improves, I think we're going to see some other backs shine in ways that they haven't up to this point, especially those who possess breakaway speed. I really think Whitlow would be viewed entirely differently if he possessed better speed. But, he doesn't. And that's just the way it is. 

Anyone else excited to see MAR healthy?

Yes I think he may be a big surprise for 2020. JMHO. Reminds me of Caddy. He looks like he can be a homer in threat. 

I honest believe Boobee has been a wonderful RB for the Tigers. Every time I watch him, he gives a 110% every time he carries the ball. He just needs help from his OL to open the wholes so he and other backs can run wild.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yes I think he may be a big surprise for 2020. JMHO. Reminds me of Caddy. He looks like he can be a homer in threat. 

Its amazing how so many different opinions come up as to how MAR looks like another RB. 

I have seen that he runs like Caddy, Irons, and KJohnson. KJohnson runs nothing like Caddy or Irons.

So I am now not sure who MAR runs like? Maybe we just need to see him healthy and on the field in the spring....

We thought DJ looked the best early in the year, especially against LSU, then it seems like he couldn't do anything down the stretch and was never a running factor for us. 

On 1/9/2020 at 12:13 AM, Auburn2Eugene said:

OT 

But after watching that on Netflix I bought the witcher 3 and man alive it's an awesome game. 

And oh yeah

That's more like it. 

wticher-yennefer.jpg

Absolutely phenomenal game. I'm replaying now on the Switch after running through it on the comp

7 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Its amazing how so many different opinions come up as to how MAR looks like another RB. 

I have seen that he runs like Caddy, Irons, and KJohnson. KJohnson runs nothing like Caddy or Irons.

So I am now not sure who MAR runs like? Maybe we just need to see him healthy and on the field in the spring....

We thought DJ looked the best early in the year, especially against LSU, then it seems like he couldn't do anything down the stretch and was never a running factor for us. 

I think your right about that 😁. I guess looking at his film from school it Is his  ability to hit holes. He guages his speed well and just seems to have an extra gear when he sees daylight , thus having the ability to take it to the house . I just don’t see that in Boobie . I see a workhorse with boobie . Someone that can carry 25 times a game. I don’t see breakaway speed . I do have a problem with the way he carries the ball and I think that’s why he is fumble prone. One fumble negates a lot of rush yardage in my book. Worm could be deadly if the learn how to use him correctly . He needs to be going north and south. East and west doesn’t work well for him. Coming up the middle in Traffic actually uses his size to his advantage. If he hits the hole, he is a homerun waiting to happen. Worm is one that if you give him 5 possessions 4 might not be much but the 5th will be a TD. Overall he was the most underused threat we had all year. Would also like some wheels with Worm. Get him one on one matchups he will win most of them. Just my thoughts . 

On 1/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, kennypowers said:

I wouldn't hand the ball off to Boobee in any meaningful moments.  Not until he washes the butter off his hands.

Yet, the team moved the best when Whitlow was in the game. There were times when we had to have him in there if we wanted to drive the ball and score. The others simply weren't getting it done.

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yet, the team moved the best when Whitlow was in the game. There were times when we had to have him in there if we wanted to drive the ball and score. The others simply weren't getting it done.

That’s the frustrating part that even Gus could see. Hopefully Tank is a difference maker.

I love the way Boobee runs when he gets a hole.  Good tough downhill runner with an attitude.  The whole team seems to respond when he gets in there.  Its like the guys on the line are saying we know we have a stud back there toting the rock now we are going go out and hit someone.  But the fumbles undo it all.  If you can’t hold onto the ball you can’t play RB I don’t care how good a runner you are.  It’s just that simple.  

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

I love the way Boobee runs when he gets a hole.  Good tough downhill runner with an attitude.  The whole team seems to respond when he gets in there.  Its like the guys on the line are saying we know we have a stud back there toting the rock now we are going go out and hit someone.  But the fumbles undo it all.  If you can’t hold onto the ball you can’t play RB I don’t care how good a runner you are.  It’s just that simple.  

If you can’t hold on to the ball you can’t play any skill position. Tank was said to have a fumbling problem in HS. Hopefully that doesn’t continue but if you’re fumbling in HS ball you’re likely to fumble in college too

More likely to fumble, yes, but I witnessed Cadillac lose the ball 5 times in a single HS game and he did ok at the next level (and the level after that). 

14 hours ago, beaumak said:

gesus. this got weird scrolling thru. and i'm a little drunk.

The whole football board is that way now.  The longer Gus is at Auburn, the weirder all the threads are becoming.  It's certainly not the same board that helped me through my treatments.  And I have the flu.

Archived