Your 1st Auburn game away from home

Swamp Eagle

1983 Legion Field vs Alabama (as home team).

Since then, 2006 Bryant-Denny stadium, 2013 Neyland Stadium in Knoxville and 2017 Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge ...that's it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1970 vs. Mississippi State in Birmingham. This was actually an MSU home game and my first time to attend an Auburn football game. I was a child then but I recall my Dad saying something about MSU's stadium being renovated being the reason that game was being played at Legion Field. This was game 2 of a double header at Legion Field that day as bammer played, I believe LSU earlier. The AU game was a blow out as Auburn dominated the Bulldogs. AU was so far ahead in the 2nd half that people in the upper deck where we sat started flying paper airplanes made from the game program. It was a wonderful beginning to my Auburn football attendance journey that still continues to this day.

Red Stick, 1993. I know a lot of people have only had good experiences there. I am not one of those people. 

Did have a hell of a fun night after that game. That was before I was 21 and before they raised the drinking age. Met a lovely woman. And I do mean woman. Also pretty sure we almost got driven out to the middle of nowhere to be abandoned or worse. Might as well have been a night in Bangkok. 

Does Vandy count?  That’s usually 80/20 Auburn.  I went to a bunch with my dad prior to going to college. I went to the Florida game in 2000 and watch Auburn get their brains beat in.  To this day that is the loudest stadium I’ve been in.  

The 1972 Auburn/LSU game in BTR.  I was 10 minutes late getting into the stadium and we were already down 14 points.  A pretty forgettable night that I can’t forget.  The only game we lost that year.

2003 AU vs Vandy. I never told the police this but I can't hold it in any longer. I witnessed Brandon Jacobs kill a man and it has been eating at my conscious ever since.

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

2003 AU vs Vandy. I never told the police this but I can't hold it in any longer. I witnessed Brandon Jacobs kill a man and it has been eating at my conscious ever since.

No lie, I think that kid left on a stretcher. I think he ended up okay, though. 

Pretty sure we scored our first touchdown of the Rod Bramblett era in that game. Nobody knew if he would, but he went with Jim Fyffe's "Touchdown Auburn!" call and then said, "We finally got one for ya, Jim." I think...

1972 Iron Bowl in Legion Field, I was a student and could not sell my ticket (everyone knew Auburn was going to get killed in this game) so decided to make the trip. What a game to witness, unfortunately we had to live off Punt Bama Punt records and bumper stickers for the following ten years.

As I mentioned in the previous thread, the first game I remember (I was 4 yrs old) was in B'ham against Tenn in 1976. 

The first true away game was local for me, as I grew up near Atlanta....pretty much any time the Tigers visited Ga Tech we were there.

• WarTiger changed the title to Your 1st Auburn game away from home

Tennessee @ Neyland Stadium in '79 or '80, maybe '81. I've also been to GA Tech in 2003 or 2005?, MSU in 2016, Missouri in 2017, Ol' Miss in 2018, and Florida in 2019. Oh, yeah. Athens too.

We were looking at the away games this coming year and don'treally want to go to any of them. :-\

Iron Bowl '84 , wrong way Bo game. If I was ever going to bet on an Iron Bowl that would have been it. They weren't even bowl eligible. Still get mad over that one when I think about how it unfolded at the end. 

First out of state game was at FSU in '89. Lost 22-14 but it was pretty cool seeing Chief Osceola throwing the spear in the ground. 

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Tennessee @ Neyland Stadium in '79 or '80, maybe '81. I've also been to GA Tech in 2003 or 2005?, MSU in 2016, Missouri in 2017, Ol' Miss in 2018, and Florida in 2019. Oh, yeah. Athens too.

We were looking at the away games this coming year and don'treally want to go to any of them. :-\

Are you sure you're an Auburn fan?😉

1959  Auburn at Tennessee.....spent the night in the Knoxville YMCA before the game....painful loss in a defensive struggle.....lost 3-0.   

The Georgia game that year which we also lost.  Spent the night sleeping in the back seat of a car parked on Frat row before the game...☹️

Archived