Mike Leach now in the SEC

steeleagle

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEC Media Days, and certainly the Egg Bowl, just got a whole lot more interesting. I've been wanting Leach in the SEC for years (just not at Auburn).

Our division is ******* ludicrous

Orgeron

Saban

Kiffin

Fischer

Malzahn

Leach

Arkansas need to move out

The SEC West officially has a sitcom cast for coaches. Nick Saban is Ron Swanson. Whoever the Arkansas coach is would probably equate to a character that gets written off after a season or two. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

The SEC West officially has a sitcom cast for coaches. Nick Saban is Ron Swanson. Whoever the Arkansas coach is would probably equate to a character that gets written off after a season or two. 

Arkansas is Jerry, no matter the coach, still Jerry

13 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Please don't disgrace Ron Swanson that way.

12 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

does that add another loss for Auburn. Our secondary is gonna get lit up.

Def. is our best area.

6 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Please don't disgrace Ron Swanson that way.

I considered Toby from The Office, but then I couldn't help imagining Nicky as the one that would redact his birth date from all government documentation. 

Thankful for Arkansas. Keeps us out of the cellar 😎

34 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Our division is ******* ludicrous

Orgeron

Saban

Kiffin

Fischer

Leach

Arkansas need to move out

Fixed it for you.

Auburn's coach now last place in the division for "Coaches I want to have a beer with". Conversely, first on the "Most likely to play PokémonGo" list.....so we've got that.

I may have to take this back but I don’t think Mike Leach in the SEC will work.  Miss State is the perfect school for him to end up at but I  m not worried about him being good on a consistent basis.  Every where he’s been he’s been average or below for the most part with a special season mixed in.  I’m more concerned with Kiffin than Leach.

He's entertaining as hell, but State is going to continue to be a 7- or 8-win program. I don't see how Leach changes that. State is the functional equivalent of a Texas Tech or a Wazzou but with tougher competition. He beat 8-wins at Wazzou twice. He's had three seasons ever with fewer than four losses. That's in 18 years coaching. It's not like he just traded up in terms of talent relative to his competition. 

Again, entertaining, but he's gonna keep doing what he's done. 4- or 5-loss seasons with as many 7+ loss years as 3-loss years. Nothing about this really moves the needle for State or changes how Auburn views them. It might put them close to where they were with Mullen (a better coach than Leach), which is solidly fourth to sixth in the West with an occasional jump up to second or third every decade.

3 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

State is going to continue to be a 7- or 8-win program

So is Auburn...

Just now, bigbird said:

So is Auburn...

I basically said the same thing in the rivals section about MSU and the hire.

Archived