2021 5* SF Jonathan Kuminga (G League)

GwillMac6

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Not to be a downer, but it didn’t for Cliff Omoruyi.

From people not affiliated with Auburn, I don't know if I ever got an indication we were ever going to be #1. Kuminga's recruiting process obviously isn't as far along with him currently being a junior, but I don't see any program pushed as an outright favorite for him yet, and that's good news to me 

LSU's bagmen got a little spooked I guess after that HBO special!!! Lol

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That last part is concerning. I haven't seen guys go to more than 2 high schools & work out well in college often.

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I only see three HS listed. Huntington Prep, Our Savior New American and the current Patrick School. That is still a lot but I don't see four. 

So what he moved. We don’t know his family’s work situation. Family’s move all the time. Contract workers move where the job takes them. Military move often. Heck I moved 3 times in one year in high school. Big deal he moved. 

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So what he moved. We don’t know his family’s work situation. Family’s move all the time. Contract workers move where the job takes them. Military move often. Heck I moved 3 times in one year in high school. Big deal he moved. 

I feel like something like that is way more concerning in football than basketball. Guys seem to have the dough/connection to get up and move when it comes to new basketball opportunities whenever they want (our dear JT did such a thing). 

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

That last part is concerning. I haven't seen guys go to more than 2 high schools & work out well in college often.

He's probably only going to be in college for one year, anyway. :gofig:

8 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I don't think his family moved, causing the transfers. I think that's the downside of playing on the AAU/Prep School circuit. Most of these kids don't stay at one place very long, especially if they start out early in prep schools.

9 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

My experience tells me kids who have to go to numerous different high schools don’t usually pan out in college. Jonesy corrected me on another site though saying he’s seen it work a number of times.

2 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

If we get GB and JG we would be out of room for JK right?

No. We’d Make room unless we decide to move on like LSU did.

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

LSU trying to save face. What is the "culture" that Will Wade and his staff are building? Paying players? I don't see how you can insinuate you doubt a player's character when you have egg all over your own face.

17 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

I saw a tweet that Kuminga's family said that was false information. 

Yeah, seems pretty bush league by LSU. Comes across as implying Kuminga wanted something improper and LSU was backing out because they don't want to be involved. Maybe trying to help their image some, but it's a terrible way to go about it.

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

Yeah, seems pretty bush league by LSU. Comes across as implying Kuminga wanted something improper and LSU was backing out because they don't want to be involved. Maybe trying to help their image some, but it's a terrible way to go about it.

Well if it smells like a corn dog, it is a corn dog :yes:

33 minutes ago, Kaiiu said:

We just picked up a CB from Corey Evans for Kuminga...

I PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY and MENTALLY cannot handle another wild recruitment like this so soon. Kuminga is going to get absolutely insane either when he decides to classify OR 2021. All recruitments are like this for the elite guys when they drag it out but DAMN us Auburn die hards need a break!!!! lol

Kuminga absolutely is the better player over Brown but that situation is going to drag itself out. I would of rather just had GB3 on board signed, sealed and delivered.  

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY and MENTALLY cannot handle another wild recruitment like this so soon. Kuminga is going to get absolutely insane either when he decides to classify OR 2021. All recruitments are like this for the elite guys when they drag it out but DAMN us Auburn die hards need a break!!!! lol

Kuminga absolutely is the better player over Brown but that situation is going to drag itself out. I would of rather just had GB3 on board signed, sealed and delivered.  

Nice video. Don't look her up today however, Botox wasn't her friend. 

Nothing to do with JG but it's all your fault. 

ekbf0ssl4lj46wzu7omy.gif

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ok, this is so inspired and we have @GwillMac6to thank: We get Doc Brown and his DeLorean, go back to ‘87, snag Tawny Kitaen out of this video for this terrible song, she comes back and is our secret recruiting weapon resulting in us signing Green, Brown, and Kuminga. She was too hot back then for any of them to say “No”.

Caveat: it must be the 1987 Tawny Kitaen, not the current version. Current Tawny results in none of them signing and likely NCAA death penalty for men’s basketball

A couple of Kuminga nuggets from connecteds on the bunker. 

One says supposedly Kuminga told LSU 2 weeks ago they were no longer an option because of the audio tapes on Wade & so the family wanted to distance themselves from LSU. 

Another says Duke has ramped things up with Kumings now that they see it's likely he reclassifies & will try to make their numbers work to land him.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

One says supposedly Kuminga told LSU 2 weeks ago they were no longer an option because of the audio tapes on Wade & so the family wanted to distance themselves from LSU. 

Wow. LSU going public with "nuh uh WE broke up with HIM" sour grapes? Yikes.

Archived