2021 5* SF Jonathan Kuminga (G League)

GwillMac6

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

One says supposedly Kuminga told LSU 2 weeks ago they were no longer an option because of the audio tapes on Wade & so the family wanted to distance themselves from LSU.

I guess that's how he didn't fit into their strong-ass culture.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Wow. LSU going public with "nuh uh WE broke up with HIM" sour grapes? Yikes.

Yup! The source said Wade was a total female hygene product for that.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yup! The source said Wade was a total female hygene product for that.

Wow E! Keeping it PG Rated for the audience. I like it!

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

A couple of Kuminga nuggets from connecteds on the bunker. 

One says supposedly Kuminga told LSU 2 weeks ago they were no longer an option because of the audio tapes on Wade & so the family wanted to distance themselves from LSU. 

Another says Duke has ramped things up with Kumings now that they see it's likely he reclassifies & will try to make their numbers work to land him.

Go get em Bruce

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Imagine going from Walker Kessler and BJ Boston to Greg Brown and Jalen Green to Jonathan Kuminga and Sanogo 

we’re a weird program 

Does Auburn and Pearl have crazy cred and are jumping in late or are they recruiting ALL THESE guys for the last 2 yrs?

20 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Does Auburn and Pearl have crazy cred and are jumping in late or are they recruiting ALL THESE guys for the last 2 yrs?

Been on all of them for a while.

Sources: Incoming student athletes with an expected spring/summer 2020 graduation will receive an automatic COVID-19 waiver from the NCAA if they meet the following criteria:

- Meet core course requirements before their senior year of HS
- 2.3 GPA

*ACT/SAT scores are excluded

Will this new policy from NCAA affect Kuminga’s chances/desire to reclassify to 2020 or not in your opinion? I am not sure if this has any bearing on his decision or not. If thing that came to mind when I saw it.

2 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Sources: Incoming student athletes with an expected spring/summer 2020 graduation will receive an automatic COVID-19 waiver from the NCAA if they meet the following criteria:

- Meet core course requirements before their senior year of HS
- 2.3 GPA

*ACT/SAT scores are excluded

Will this new policy from NCAA affect Kuminga’s chances/desire to reclassify to 2020 or not in your opinion? I am not sure if this has any bearing on his decision or not. If thing that came to mind when I saw it.

@roe4christ Got a link for this?

Also it may help but definitely won't hurt as it would make it easier for any kid to reclassify who wants too.

Sorry, it was a Twitter post from Jon Rothstein (CBS Sports Insider) from yesterday. I didn’t know how to link it here. Should have mentioned that.

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

Sorry, it was a Twitter post from Jon Rothstein (CBS Sports Insider) from yesterday. I didn’t know how to link it here. Should have mentioned that.

I'm starting to question how much time and effort we should be spending on these top-10 type prospects. With the going rate seemingly a minimum of around $400,000 for G-league and the NBA proper probably going back to taking kids straight out of high school, maybe top-50 four* guys will become the way to go?

Link

Jonathan Kuminga, the highly promising young big man currently in the class of 2021, has cut his list to 10 so here it is:

• Duke
  • Kentucky
  • Washington
  • Florida State
  • Memphis
  • Texas Tech
  • Michigan
  • Georgia
  • Maryland
  • Auburn

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm starting to question how much time and effort we should be spending on these top-10 type prospects. With the going rate seemingly a minimum of around $400,000 for G-league and the NBA proper probably going back to taking kids straight out of high school, maybe top-50 four* guys will become the way to go?

I think I agree with this in general. Kuminga might be a special case though in that I don’t know that he’s elibible for the G-league at this point with his age/ graduation status. If the G-league is only taking a half a dozen kids or so, they may be all set by the time there is clarity in his situation. 

1 hour ago, AuburnArch13 said:

I think I agree with this in general. Kuminga might be a special case though in that I don’t know that he’s elibible for the G-league at this point with his age/ graduation status. If the G-league is only taking a half a dozen kids or so, they may be all set by the time there is clarity in his situation. 

When will there be clarification in his situation?  Do we know when it will be 2020 or 2021 for him?

8 hours ago, roe4christ said:

When will there be clarification in his situation?  Do we know when it will be 2020 or 2021 for him?

@roe4christ posted a handful of times that if he reclassifies it won't be til the Summer. I saw more specifically from an insider a few days ago that it's likely not til June at the earliest.

On the G League part of the situation, Arch is referring to his age & when he would be eligible to go to the G League. He's 17 but doesn't turn 18 til October. From the G League website kids have to be 18 by September 15 to be eligible for the immediate season. As talented as he is though I could see them working around that.

Screenshot_20200420-215936.png

Screenshot_20200420-215940.png

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Screenshot_20200420-215936.png

Screenshot_20200420-215940.png

Sharife is recruiting man. Gotta love it. I feel like Coop is gonna be one of those guys that we constantly hear about Auburn from him after he is gone. A Deshaun Davis/Cam Newton/Trovon Reed type of guy. 

16 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Sharife is recruiting man. Gotta love it. I feel like Coop is gonna be one of those guys that we constantly hear about Auburn from him after he is gone. A Deshaun Davis/Cam Newton/Trovon Reed type of guy. 

I want another Charles Barkley or Bo Jackson type of guy....  Generational players that LOVE AU!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Well @bigbird could have told us that.

I think it's a done deal, myself. I just hope he comes to Auburn.

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I think it's a done deal, myself. I just hope he comes to Auburn.

He is....................................maybe. 

Archived