2021 5* SF Jonathan Kuminga (G League)

GwillMac6

I probably missed it but I just now learned that his older brother plays for Texas Tech. This linked article from a Duke site speculates he will get offered Jalen Green type money from the G League. I'm feeling no warm fuzzies. I think a solid player like Both Gach from Utah that can share minutes and add size is where we end up. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

real question:  how old is Kuminga?  Is there an age limitation for by the NBA/G League?   I guess they can go Euro-style and sign teens from any age, like in Europe?  

Why have AAU?   Why not everybody just be in the G League and those that can't cut it, go to college.

This whole G League thing is ridiculous.  Teams should draft kids and get out of this recruiting cycle.   I guess like the  MLB model.  

10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

real question:  how old is Kuminga?  Is there an age limitation for by the NBA/G League?   I guess they can go Euro-style and sign teens from any age, like in Europe?  

Why have AAU?   Why not everybody just be in the G League and those that can't cut it, go to college.

This whole G League thing is ridiculous.  Teams should draft kids and get out of this recruiting cycle.   I guess like the  MLB model.  

I don’t remember the details, but he was a few weeks short of their then listed age limit, but we’ve seen their rules are fluid.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t remember the details, but he was a few weeks short of their then listed age limit, but we’ve seen their rules are fluid.

Seems to me they will find a way to bend their own rules if he wants to join the G-League. Hopefully I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Seems to me they will find a way to bend their own rules

Won't have to. Players don't have to be 18 to play on the Select team with Green.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Do you have a source?

@TexasTiger Yes. I've said it before as we have had this conversation a few times the past few weeks in various threads. JHead from the bunker. The man knows his basketball.

The link provided is outdated &  off in at least 2 ways. 1 Money offered is higher & as mentioned, no minimum age anymore for anyone playing on a select team.

Also per this article G League Pres Shareef Abdur Rahim heavily implies that finishing high school is the only requirement as it pertains to this discussion to play on a select team & has reached out to JK.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2020/04/26/nba-g-league-president-shareef-abdur-rahim-targeting-more-players-to-join-jalen-green-isaiah-todd-on-new-g-league-pathway/#4d34d00e5d32

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@TexasTiger Yes. I've said it before as we have had this conversation a few times the past few weeks in various threads. JHead from the bunker. The man knows his basketball.

The link provided is outdated &  off in at least 2 ways. 1 Money offered is higher & as mentioned, no minimum age anymore for anyone playing on a select team.

Also per this article G League Pres Shareef Abdur Rahim heavily implies that finishing high school is the only requirement as it pertains to this discussion to play on a select team & has reached out to JK.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2020/04/26/nba-g-league-president-shareef-abdur-rahim-targeting-more-players-to-join-jalen-green-isaiah-todd-on-new-g-league-pathway/#4d34d00e5d32

Thanks. As I said, they made it obvious the rules were more like guidelines.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, tigersfan13 said:

If he's not eligible for GLeague we could maybe land him https://sidelinesports.report/2020/06/15/is-jonathan-kuminga-eligible-for-the-g-league/

Thanks @tigersfan13 but we've covered this in the other Kuminga thread, which your thread was merged with. G-League President said in another article JK could be on G-League's Select team.

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Some auburn tied people would have you believe we likely get him if he’s not allowed to do the GL

Very few. Most are saying Texas Tech if not G League.

Too bad he can't go visit Lubbock this time of year....

The warm, west Texas air blowing the smell of cattle  through campus is quite something to look forward to.   But hey, I am sure he likes to snake hunt and go shoot pigs.  It's probably popular where he is from. 

48 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Too bad he can't go visit Lubbock this time of year....

The warm, west Texas air blowing the smell of cattle  through campus is quite something to look forward to.   But hey, I am sure he likes to snake hunt and go shoot pigs.  It's probably popular where he is from. 

well for everyone complaining about us constantly finishing 2nd, at least we're finishing third in this race. shake it up a lil

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

well for everyone complaining about us constantly finishing 2nd, at least we're finishing third in this race. shake it up a lil

We finished third for green FWIW.

Archived