Jack Bicknell, Jr. -- New OL Coach

Auhud08

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Really good coach. It's telling he was Luke's 1st hire and the man he wanted as OL coach. His lines have always had a little bit of an edge to them. He is a good developer. I'm not sure how he is as a recruiter but know he has brought in some deep classes at OM

That was my take away. Matt Luke approved? Sold.

22 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Announcing during the national championship game just screams “we are excited about this hire and want to let everyone know”

just don’t understand how Gus thinks

To be fair we hired Van Gorder the day of the NCG. And look how that turned out. 

26 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Announcing during the national championship game just screams “we are excited about this hire and want to let everyone know”

just don’t understand how Gus thinks

It’s not his call when to announce. The PR/communications team drives that. 

He can sell his experience,  and he has plenty of back up to make for any of the recruiting deficiencies, if any.  I like the hire. 

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

To be fair we hired Van Gorder the day of the NCG. And look how that turned out. 

But helluva stache!

As a 2 year starter at center on my middle school football team that had a grand total of 1 wins I support this hire.  If you believe the chatter about this new crop being meaner and possibly better than the line this year then Bicknell sounds pretty good.  Still going to need to bring in some quality depth at OT in this next recruiting year class.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That was my take away. Matt Luke approved? Sold.

You'll be hard-pressed to find anyone who admits knowing who Matt Luke is in this thread..😆😂😆

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You'll be hard-pressed to find anyone who admits knowing who Matt Luke is in this thread..😆😂😆

We aren't as smart as you, of course, but I think he might have been Ole Miss' coach. Is that correct? LOL

Used to be a head coach, only 56, NFL experience, and SEC experience as well. Might be a solid pickup might not. Hard to judge his recruiting abilities since Ole Miss has been such a s*** show lately.

Maybe some solace in the idea that the OL coach many wanted hired him as an OL coach. Should be a fair vote of confidence right?

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

He can sell his experience,  and he has plenty of back up to make for any of the recruiting deficiencies, if any.  I like the hire. 

Literally couldn’t recruit any worse than we have. 

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

We aren't as smart as you, of course, but I think he might have been Ole Miss' coach. Is that correct?

I'll let someone else explain it to you...I'm tired...

22 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

I like the hire. Also think this shows morris will have more control of offense. Hopefully gus is ready to settle into the CEO role he wanted to

Did he seriously say he wanted to? 🎅🤶

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Used to be a head coach, only 56, NFL experience, and SEC experience as well. Might be a solid pickup might not. 

Now compare it to JB's previous stops and experience

28 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I can assure you that I am apathetic. I know the difference. 

I am sure you are apathetic; I'm not sure you know how to not express it...🤔

Over, under, or just whelmed?

Well, obviously I thought the hedges deserved a shot, but I'll give em a shot. I assume the hedges didn't get the nod due to their aggressive holding nature.

Archived