Jack Bicknell, Jr. -- New OL Coach

Auhud08

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait was he the head coach at LA Tech when Tim Rattay was there and they beat bama!? Dang that takes me baaaaack!!!

I believe he was BC's Center in the '82 Tangerine Bowl against Auburn.

....there's your Auburn connection.

41 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Did he seriously say he wanted to? 🎅🤶

That was his goal from 14-17. He wanted to be a “ceo-like” coach. 

4 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

That was his goal from 14-17. He wanted to be a “ceo-like” coach. 

In 2019 he landed 7 offensive linemen and he mostly landed OTs. In 2018 he landed 1, in 2017 I think he landed 4. But keep in mind Matt Luke was also a olinemen so he probably helped big time with landing the recruits.

Hhhhmmmm,  so he had 6 or 7 jobs in 8 years across LaTech, BC and the 4 NFL teams?  and then, due to his prowess, he goes from the NFL to the perinneal College O-line powerhouse;  Ole Miss?  WTF????

"Moving to Louisiana Tech, he coached the offensive line before taking over the head coaching duties for the Bulldogs. His 43 wins are still the third-most in school history.

From there he went back to Boston College where he coached the offensive line for two seasons before moving to the NFL. Over the next six seasons Bicknell Jr. coached with the New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins before moving back to the college ranks at Ole Miss."

9 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Hhhhmmmm,  so he had 6 or 7 jobs in 8 years across LaTech, BC and the 4 NFL teams?  and then, due to his prowess, he goes from the NFL to the perinneal College O-line powerhouse;  Ole Miss?  WTF????

"Moving to Louisiana Tech, he coached the offensive line before taking over the head coaching duties for the Bulldogs. His 43 wins are still the third-most in school history.

From there he went back to Boston College where he coached the offensive line for two seasons before moving to the NFL. Over the next six seasons Bicknell Jr. coached with the New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins before moving back to the college ranks at Ole Miss."

Savior complex?

Someone please post something that indicates this guy is an OLine or recruiting savant in spite of his resume...otherwise, this just looks like another half assed coach making a half assed hire of a half assed Oline coach.

6 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Someone please post something that indicates this guy is an OLine or recruiting savant in spite of his resume...otherwise, this just looks like another half assed coach making a half assed hire of a half assed Oline coach.

I believe the guy is a good o line coach given the fact that Matt Luke had faith in him. However, it is Malzahns offense, so what difference does it make? When I hear Gus say he's giving Morris control of the offense, and going to be a CEO I'll have some Ray of hope. Until then Meh.

9 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I believe the guy is a good o line coach given the fact that Matt Luke had faith in him. However, it is Malzahns offense, so what difference does it make? When I hear Gus say he's giving Morris control of the offense, and going to be a CEO I'll have some Ray of hope. Until then Meh.

So a half assed journey-man ex head coach now OLine coach recommends half assed journey-man Oline coach; and that's ok?  This looks like a typical Gus Offensive hire (double entendre intented).

24 minutes ago, japantiger said:

So you're pissed about Chad making JB retire?  I don't get it.

10 minutes ago, japantiger said:

So a half assed journey-man ex head coach now OLine coach recommends half assed journey-man Oline coach; and that's ok?  This looks like a typical Gus Offensive hire (double entendre intented).

You sound miserable. 

Archived