Bye bye Dambo

Carnell

26 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Glad to see it.

Something (and two titles) tells me he doesn’t care. Lol 😂 

They got no one to blame but themselves (and Trevor). I know the receivers were open deep but when you can see Trevor is clearly shook by the pass rush, try depending on your RB a little bit more. And not for dumb screens that got sniffed out after the first half, but maybe by running the ball, which worked in not only getting you there, but getting you ahead when you were today. 

LSU got cute too with the running game but LSU had a #1 draft pick who looked like a #1 draft pick and receivers that looked far better than the pseudo feel good stories Dabo has allowed to fester on his defense for so long. No team that is able to get any recruit they want in the WORLD should be starting Nolan Turner (and that's no disrespect to Nolan Turner the person). Venables being your backup LB and there apparently being no one better than Tanner Muse doesn't help. AJ Terrell and that other guy might've had decent stocks before this game but they sucked too. I just dont see how, even with what they lost the past 2 years on defense, you look this feeble. You shouldnt be 28-0 or whatever and look like you're unable to keep up with anyone

I wrote that partly out of jealously, partly out of the $10 I lost, but these transcendent classes that contain 4, 5, 6 5 stars...shouldn't be losing by 20...to ANYONE 

(You could apply everything I just said to UGA) 

4 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Something (and two titles) tells me he doesn’t care. Lol 😂 

Clemson "fans" are now starting a thread on their boards questioning if he minds losing.😉

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Clemson "fans" are now starting a thread on their boards questioning if he minds losing.😉

That would be weird. Their coach barely ever loses and usually shows up well prepared for big games.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That would be weird. Their coach barely ever loses and usually shows up well prepared for big games.

It would interesting to see AU message board posts from when we played him in 2010. We were calling him Dumbo, making fun of his sideline antics, and talking about ‘Clemsoning’. I was among the many who didn’t think he would do anything special as a HC. 

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I would add his two national championships and 1st loss in about 700 days says he does mind losing. I’d be ecstatic to have Dabo as our coach. 

Clemson is a really good team. They just ran into the LSU buzzsaw last night. We always said LSU was a QB (and system) away from being scary good. That finally happened this season. 

Clemson, Ohio State and Alabama have been able to stay at the top while reloading. Curious how LSU looks next year after losing so much key talent. 

Orgeron has made a believer out of a lot of folks, including me. Hats off to him.

28 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It would interesting to see AU message board posts from when we played him in 2010. We were calling him Dumbo, making fun of his sideline antics, and talking about ‘Clemsoning’. I was among the many who didn’t think he would do anything special as a HC. 

Yeah, he was an unpopular hire for them. The resume just wasn't there. But 2010 was only his 2nd full season as head coach and we barely beat him with Cam freaking Newton. Maybe we should've seen the 10+ win seasons coming. 

36 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

At least you own it now! Refreshing!

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, he was an unpopular hire for them. The resume just wasn't there. But 2010 was only his 2nd full season as head coach and we barely beat him with Cam freaking Newton. Maybe we should've seen the 10+ win seasons coming. 

It's interesting that both head coaches last night were guys that many thought would never accomplish anything as head coaches.   One thing they have in common is that both guys are great motivators and their players would run through a brick wall for them.

2 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

It's interesting that both head coaches last night were guys that many thought would never accomplish anything as head coaches.   One thing they have in common is that both guys are great motivators and their players would run through a brick wall for them.

Great motivators, great recruiters, made good hires, let said hires do their jobs. 

Our guy can do some of that. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Great motivators, great recruiters, made good hires, let said hires do their jobs. 

Our guy can do some of that. 

Aw, come on now...Gus is OK.

LSU winning is bad for AU so I'm not sure how any of us can be glad to see it. Orgeron has now officially planted himself as the 2nd best coach and leader of the clear cut 2nd best team/program in the SEC. Previously, Florida, UGA, us, and LSU were all fighting for that spot behind Bama and now AU is relegated to fighting for 3rd place. Kirby kicks our ass all the time, Gus can't beat Mullen so we're basically staring at 5th "best" in our conference  right in the face currently.

Last night was bad for AU. Some people are so blinded by Dabo's Bama connection that they would rather see him fail than to see what's best for our very own program. Our "brand" just got knocked down a peg by LSU elevating itself.

50 minutes ago, Tiger said:

LSU winning is bad for AU so I'm not sure how any of us can be glad to see it. Orgeron has now officially planted himself as the 2nd best coach and leader of the clear cut 2nd best team/program in the SEC. Previously, Florida, UGA, us, and LSU were all fighting for that spot behind Bama and now AU is relegated to fighting for 3rd place. Kirby kicks our ass all the time, Gus can't beat Mullen so we're basically staring at 5th "best" in our conference  right in the face currently.

Last night was bad for AU. Some people are so blinded by Dabo's Bama connection that they would rather see him fail than to see what's best for our very own program. Our "brand" just got knocked down a peg by LSU elevating itself.

because Orgeron had not established himself as being better than Gus based on the 3 -1 record against him?     New flash  Ed is a better head coach.  Nothing changed last night besides the SEC winning another National title. 

11 hours ago, Carnell said:

Glad to see it

They'll be in the playoffs again next year. He's built an elite program. Go look at his recruiting class this year. Clemson will be relevant for a long time unless Dabo leaves. Auburn was supposed to be Clemson back in 2013, but Gus got away from what worked.

5 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

because Orgeron had not established himself as being better than Gus based on the 3 -1 record against him?     New flash  Ed is a better head coach.  Nothing changed last night besides the SEC winning another National title. 

It's not just about that. Yes Orgeron owns Gus. But now LSU, the program , has taken a step forward. Prior to this year we had won the West twice since they had last won it. Our programs were both fighting for that 2nd tier behind Bama. Now that they won the whole thing they've very clearly surpassed us. In national brand, how we're viewed in the conference, and on the field. So yes, things did change last night. Nobody had been able to break through from the SEC and win a natty if it wasn't Bama other than us and now that feather in our cap is gone -- especially since that was a decade ago. 

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

Orgeron has now officially planted himself as the 2nd best coach and leader of the clear cut 2nd best team/program in the SEC.

Completely disagree with this but agree about not pulling for LSU despite their place in our division/conference. I never have quite understood why that is a mentality in college football. Would the Red Sox pull for the Yankees to win a World Series and "bring home another for the American League?" Were Steelers fans bummed to see the Ravens lay an egg the other night? That's just silly.

Changing the subject a little, but did anyone notice the color of the jacket Satan wore last night?  Wasn't crimson so he could sell his school.  It was blue so he could sell something else.  The only thing missing was the duck.

24 minutes ago, Auburn02 said:

Completely disagree with this but agree about not pulling for LSU despite their place in our division/conference. I never have quite understood why that is a mentality in college football. Would the Red Sox pull for the Yankees to win a World Series and "bring home another for the American League?" Were Steelers fans bummed to see the Ravens lay an egg the other night? That's just silly.

I was pulling for LSU but not because they're in the SEC or because I thought it was better for Auburn. CFB just needs a little more fun and rock'n'roll and they provided it this season. Not sure another team has been that cool and loose since mid-aughts USC. I don't "like" them, necessarily. Just had to put aside my playa hatin' (and run of the mill hatred) and enjoy the show. Well, the first half of it, anyway. Are you kidding me? An 8:30 KO on a Monday night?? I've got a 1-yr old!

2 hours ago, saminbama said:

Changing the subject a little, but did anyone notice the color of the jacket Satan wore last night?  Wasn't crimson so he could sell his school.  It was blue so he could sell something else.  The only thing missing was the duck.

Oh the duck was there...he was just sitting on it.(notice his smile). 🦢😁

Archived