#14 With Four Losses

aucanucktiger

Six teams on our schedule FINISHED in the top 10. We started and ended the regular season by beating a team that finished in the top 10. We lost to the national champion final by 3, #4 & #10 by a TD and #6 by 11 (notwithstanding Derrick tripping on a blade of grass). I don't rant about refs but man oh man if they just called HALF the holding of Davidson & Brown by UF, UGa and/or (especially) LSU... 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Six teams on our schedule FINISHED in the top 10. We started and ended the regular season by beating a team that finished in the top 10. We lost to the national champion final by 3, #4 & #10 by a TD and #6 by 11 (notwithstanding Derrick tripping on a blade of grass). I don't rant about refs but man oh man if they just called HALF the holding of Davidson & Brown by UF, UGa and/or (especially) LSU... 

Man oh man if our offense had just scored some points. Pretty sure that missed holding calls on LSU's offensive line didn't prevent that.

Auburn fans are heavy with the moral victories today because of how our defense played against LSU. I'm just that much more frustrated that our self-appointed play caller turned a playoff-caliber team into a 4-loss team. Again.

If this was intended to be a Kevin Steele & Co. appreciation thread and I missed it, my apologies. 

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

We lost to the national champion final by 3, #4 & #10 by a TD and #6 by 11 (notwithstanding Derrick tripping on a blade of grass).

Does this mean Auburn gets a participation trophy for our case? I know it was a difficult schedule but we still didn't win anything. Great teams beat other great teams. Otherwise your just a good team. We're paying for greatness and we're getting "but we were so close". 

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I appreciate the optimistic perspective, but the flip side is UF, UGA, and Minnesota would not have finished in the top 10 if we had handled our business. A good but frustrating season. 

Too bad our offense is offensive. We finished as high as we did despite our offense. If our offense had a pulse we likely go undefeated or 11-1...

Gus and Chad better get some stuff figured out. They wont have 3 and 5 on defense to bail them out in 2020

Our offense was lethargic. Boring and awful to watch. LSU brought in Joe Brady and won a national championship. Please can we get rid of Gus, I'm tired of watching his boring and outdated offense.

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

What an OK way to cap a very OK season!! 

Did you see the frequency of times that ad played during the game last night?  It. Was. Painful. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If this was intended to be a Kevin Steele & Co. appreciation thread and I missed it, my apologies. 

Until there's a "Thrash The HC" forum, every thread up in here serves that purpose.  Carry on.

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Come on....really?

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for our participation trophy! We would be champions if we didn't play good teams! Who would've thought???

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for our participation trophy! We would be champions if we didn't play good teams! Who would've thought???

We coulda been Clemson if we played their schedule (& getting our a$$es handed to us by LSU last night).  :D

14 minutes ago, TigerCatcher said:

Until there's a "Thrash The HC" forum, every thread up in here serves that purpose.  Carry on.

Or until he quits losing multiple games in embarrassing fashion every year. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Man oh man if our offense had just scored some points. Pretty sure that missed holding calls on LSU's offensive line didn't prevent that.

Auburn fans are heavy with the moral victories today because of how our defense played against LSU. I'm just that much more frustrated that our self-appointed play caller turned a playoff-caliber team into a 4-loss team. Again.

Ending the season ranked 14th isn't a moral victory its a victory. 

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Paying 6th highest salary in the entire country to our HC. Finished 14th. 3rd in our very own division. That ain't a victory here at Auburn. This is the post-Cam Newton world. We play for championships here. This ain't Mississippi State.

21 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Paying 6th highest salary in the entire country to our HC. Finished 14th. 3rd in our very own division. That ain't a victory here at Auburn. This is the post-Cam Newton world. We play for championships here. This ain't Mississippi State.

Did Mississippi finish in the top 20? i'm confused. must have missed that. Why are people so prone to hyperbole?

Where was Auburn ranked preseason?  I feel like it was right around 14.  Next year will be interesting with a returning Qb, loaded backfield, Wrs, and LBs but retooled lines and losses in the defensive backfield.  If I had to guess it’ll be around 14.

26 minutes ago, shabby said:

Is being #14 really your definition of "victory"?

Based on our staff payroll, the amount of money we invest in football, and our recruiting rankings over the last decade, #14 is underachieving.

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Did Mississippi finish in the top 20? i'm confused. must have missed that. Why are people so prone to hyperbole?

Exactly. If Miss State finishes in the top 20 that's a victory for them and a good season. We are not equals or peers. A top 20 finish when we're paying for top 10 finishes and recruit in the top 10 is not something to hang your hat on

That’s what happens when you beat a Bama team that’s missing there starting quarterback and is starting several freshman on defense. Just wait till we are the best 7 loss team next year.

Archived