#14 With Four Losses

aucanucktiger

39 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

A lot of the posters on this board had us winning 6 or less and are complaining that we only won 9. So did Gus do a better job than expected? I believe that their forecast proves that a lot of them don’t really know crap about football? 

yup- this place is unbearable with the exaggerated negativity. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tired of coming on hear and reading about reality! Why can't everybody agree with me and fairytale this up? Stop criticizing Gus. It hurts my feelings and I didn't come here to get my feelings hurt. I mean why would I come to a football board of a team who was physically whipped by a bunch of 3 star prospects and expect to see blue skies and rainbows? I don't know but I want it to be different NOW!

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm tired of coming on hear and reading about reality! Why can't everybody agree with me and fairytale this up? Stop criticizing Gus. It hurts my feelings and I didn't come here to get my feelings hurt. I mean why would I come to a football board of a team who was physically whipped by a bunch of 3 star prospects and expect to see blue skies and rainbows? I don't know but I want it to be different NOW!

Had to! 🤣

giphy (4).gif

Ye p it is so much fun to come to a forum and see comments by the same people making the same arguments about the same things day after day, week after week, month after month.  

Makes one Wonder why a forum with hundreds of members has pretty much ended up with about six active posters most days.. perhaps it is because they can turn any interesting OP into a b**** session.  Shared ignorance is a wonderful thing I guess.

.:dunno:

I don't seem to remember the anti Gus (reality crowd) starting this post. Actually it was a poster making an argument why we should all be ecstatic about a 14 ranking. Then, he, and a few others started whining when everyone didn't see it that way. Whining goes both ways, and the Gus apologists are champions at it. 

15 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I don't seem to remember the anti Gus (reality crowd) starting this post. Actually it was a poster making an argument why we should all be ecstatic about a 14 ranking. Then, he, and a few others started whining when everyone didn't see it that way. Whining goes both ways, and the Gus apologists are champions at it. 

That's fair. Very much so. I guess "interesting OP" is in the mind of the beholder....but as much as one might like,  there are some posts that are too hard to let pass....both "camps" (Gus is/Gus was) know this. It's kind of like attempting the argument that rutabagas actually taste better than creme brulee. 🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮

38 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Ye p it is so much fun to come to a forum and see comments by the same people making the same arguments about the same things day after day, week after week, month after month.  

Makes one Wonder why a forum with hundreds of members has pretty much ended up with about six active posters most days.. perhaps it is because they can turn any interesting OP into a b**** session.  Shared ignorance is a wonderful thing I guess.

Seven active posters saying the same thing every day. Don't sell yourself short, buddy!

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

And people questioned why I asked if our great receiver recruits can block. Our passing game doesn't produce tds, never has. Cam had 30 in 2010, most ever in a season and calm by today's standards. We need thoroughbred backs and a wisconsin line and just enough of passing game to keep teams from stacking the box.

6 hours ago, shabby said:

What's that game called again? SEC CHAMPIONSHIP. oh and did you mention we just came off two back to back victories against number 1 ranked teams with our number one back injured

and finished #10 with 4 losses...

7 hours ago, bg5 said:

I have never seen a group of "Fans" that hated a team more than many on here (Don't come back with it's not the team it's Gus either). Move on!!!!!! Last year is over. We made a move on Off. to get better. We hired one of the best OC's and O'line coaches around. We still have great coaches on the Def. side and some really good players coming back next year. We should be better on Off. and can be still really good on Def.. Let's look forward and stop all the griping ( it's really old).

Don't Block the %$#king Diesel Pumps!!!!! | Sniper's Hide ...

16 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Six teams on our schedule FINISHED in the top 10. We started and ended the regular season by beating a team that finished in the top 10. We lost to the national champion final by 3, #4 & #10 by a TD and #6 by 11 (notwithstanding Derrick tripping on a blade of grass). I don't rant about refs but man oh man if they just called HALF the holding of Davidson & Brown by UF, UGa and/or (especially) LSU... 

16 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Love that there are like a dozen compilations on Youtube of LSU's glaring holds of Brown and/or Davidson on key plays (including 2 TDs). We sacked Howdy Doody 3 times in the 1st quarter and LSUs o-line thereafter grabbed hold virtually without punishment.

22 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Assigning one "reason" to any of our losses THIS season is bizarre (or more likely Malzahn Derangement Syndrome) but if we must, only Minnesota loss was due mainly to coaching. Coaches had us ready for LSU and our D outplayed LSUs vaunted O - only an insane number of holding non calls on key plays cost us that 3 point road loss. UF was also a terrific game plan and if I'm Seth I want to transfer after that game - TDs chances were there for Bo to take. If HALF the blatant UF holds on brown & Davidson are called we probably win (Brown tripping over a blade of grass notwithstanding). UGa game is longer discussion but execution (and again officiating) were as dicey as the coaching.

1AFFCEC5-3AB1-4C6A-B6FA-1CF0378A27A2.gif

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Agree, wish someone would talk about how predictable Gus is or tell us 7 mil is to much money.....seems the new complaint now is "roster management".  

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

money.....seems the new complaint now is "roster management".  

That's been a major complaint for a while.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's been a major complaint for a while.

Do complaints drive excuses or do excuses drive complaints? Chicken, egg, ? Asking for a friend. 

I guess I prefer the word concern. Are people complaining about valid concerns? Or are they concerned about invalid complaints?

There's something for EVERYONE on AUFAMILY, so might as well agree to agree on what we can agree on and be at peace with the rest. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Thank You! Posting the same topics like we should've and could've won gets tiresome right? Shared ignorance has to be great huh?

I do get tickled about the AUFamily ones who irately rant and post that they need to/plan to take a Board break because of yada...and then they don't. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guilty, too. Did take a long sabbatical once, though. Highly recommended; it will be here when we return. 

You know, I was in a pretty good mood until I saw this topic. Now I’m forced to relive how awful Auburn football is and deal with the fact that for what seems like the fourth year in a row, if we had just had a pulse on offense, things could have been so much different. Instead I’m told I should be grateful that we’re ranked 14th and came so close to beating these four teams, as if the games were ever actually that close (Do some of you even watch the games, or just check the score at the end?). We held LSU to what, 24 points? No one else came close to that, and because we couldn’t even fart out an offense we lost, again, to a super beatable LSU team. I don’t understand how some of you look at that and feel like that’s an accomplishment, like it’s something to be proud of. Maybe if we were UAB, sure. We’re Auburn. We’re better than that. I can appreciate my guys’ work without labeling these yearly performances as acceptable. I can go on and on but I won’t 

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

What were the excuses for four losses last year again? They're all running together on me. Can't seem to keep track.

Excuses were whatever they needed to be to make people feel good about accepting mediocrity.   

Same as it ever was.  

13 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Excuses were whatever they needed to be to make people feel good about accepting mediocrity.   

Same as it ever was.  

Better be careful. 

You are bound to have Ken Stabler thumbs down your post. 

Since he seems to ALWAYS thumbs down any post he doesnt agree with. 

Thumbs down should be saved for the ultra stupid posts not just because it gets someone's panties in a wad. But I guess what can you expect from people these days.. 

12 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Don't Block the %$#king Diesel Pumps!!!!! | Sniper's Hide ...

Didn't mean to have the bold lock on. But it looked good when I was typing it so I just left it.

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

please.gif

😁

23 hours ago, shabby said:

Ending the season ranked 14th isn't a moral victory its a victory. 

^^^Perfect example of a Beta right here folks ^^^

My business would never survive if I allowed that type of low level acceptance of mediocrity from staffers. SMDH

50 minutes ago, keesler said:

^^^Perfect example of a Beta right here folks ^^^

My business would never survive if I allowed that type of low level acceptance of mediocrity from staffers. SMDH

Perfect example of a circle jerk right. 12 guys standing around in a circle getting off on each others negativity. You do know the rest of the fan base is nothing like you?

Archived