Early odds to win the National Title in 2021

AuburnTiger4Life

Clemson opens as the favorite with 2:1 odds, followed by UAT at 4/2, LSU at 9/2 and Ohio state with 7/2 odds. Georgia is 4th with 10/1 odds, UF at 5th 15/1. 

AU/Oklahoma 6th at 22/1

Notre Dame/Texas 25/1 

Penn State/Michigan round out the top 10 at 30/1 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/college-football-national-championship-clemson-favorite-reclaim-title-2020-according-bookmakers-1482039%3famp=1

20 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Neither LSU or Clemson win it

Agreed with LSU, they'll be losing so many players. It'll be interesting to see if coach O can keep the gravy train going or not. But I find it unlikely they go back to back.

Clemson will almost assuredly make it the final four, simply because they're in the ACC. Idk about winning it though.

33 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don’t see bama back next year. I’d trade Okie for the Ducks. 

With Smith, Harris, Moses and the tackle returning, They are going to be tough to beat.   Jones has shown that he is more than capable of scoring points.   Their defense will be improved due to playing lots of freshmen.   

Not sure who the QB will be for OU, that’s why I didn’t have them in.   If the QB for Texas is returning, I see them winning that conference 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don’t see bama back next year. I’d trade Okie for the Ducks. 

That is interesting.  Do you think the "dynasty" has fallen?

I believe the country as a whole is tired of the same teams making the playoffs year after year. I know I am. bammer, Clemson, Ohio State, yada, yada, yada. It was nice this year to see LSU in the playoffs instead of the turds and actually winning it all. I wish it could have been us and with the right coaching, it could have been given the talent on the 2019 Auburn team. The system needs to change and be expanded to an 8 team playoff. Teams like Clemson who play a very weak regular season schedule are perennial shoe-ins for the playoffs. I think strength of schedule should be a key factor in who makes the playoffs. January is the most boring part of the college football season to me under the present playoff system. 

19 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

That is interesting.  Do you think the "dynasty" has fallen?

It's hit the peak and going down the other side. 

Clemson vs Ohio State in the final with Clemson winning  🤮  

Clemson plays a joke of a schedule again and there’s no Tua or Burrow to spoil the party. 

I don't know.  Minnesota looked to have a Nat'l Champ caliber Defense in their bowl game against an Offensive juggernaut.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Auburn 6 said:

Clemson vs Ohio State in the final with Clemson winning  🤮  

Clemson plays a joke of a schedule again and there’s no Tua or Burrow to spoil the party. 

But there is a Nix to nix their hopes.  Sorry, couldn’t help it.

SEC Champ (Bama)
B1G Champ (Ohio St)
ACC Champ (Clemson)
PAC12 Champ (Oregon)

Those are very likely our top 4. I think OU's dismal performance this year keeps the Big 12 conference champ out. Best playoff match-ups would be Clemson vs. Oregon and Bama vs. Ohio State. Another Bama vs. Clemson championship game with Bama coming out victorious.

All that said - Bama loses early to Georgia. Georgia loses to Florida. LSU drops 3 games. Auburn wins the SEC. Bo Nix wins the Davey O'Brien but loses the Maxwell/Heisman to Chuba Hubbard. Auburn falls flat in the playoff against Clemson because it only took 30 minutes for Brent Venables to scheme up the defense to stop our offense and we panic. Clemson regains its spot as National Champ.

Archived