Countdown to Baseball

Same spot in the Collegiate Baseball pre-season poll  http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-baseball-div-1-poll-12-16-19/

Rank Team (2019 Final Record) Points
  1. Louisville (51-18) 497
  2. Vanderbilt (59-12) 495
  3. Texas Tech. (46-20) 491
  4. Miami, Fla. (41-20) 488
  5. Arizona St. (38-19) 485
  6. Mississippi St. (52-15) 483
  7. Georgia (46-17) 480
  8. Auburn (38-28) 477
  9. Arkansas (46-20) 475
10. Michigan (50-22) 473

A little higher in the PG top 25

Rk Team '19 Record '19 Rk 2019 Finish
1 1787.png Louisville 51-18 4 College World Series
2 1841.png Vanderbilt 59-12 1 College World Series Champions
3 1745.png Texas Tech 46-20 5 College World Series
4 1758.png Arkansas 46-20 6 College World Series
5 1564.png Arizona State 38-19 NR Baton Rouge Regional
6 1566.png Auburn 38-28 9 College World Series
7 1794.png Miami 41-20 23 Starkville Regional
8 1669.png Mississippi State 52-15 3 College World Series
9 1764.png UCLA 52-11 7 Los Angeles Super Regional
10 1775.png Georgia 46-17 14 Athens Regional

• 2 weeks later...

Expectations not quite as lofty over at Baseball America....  https://www.baseballamerica.com/rankings/college-baseball-top-25/

vanderbilt.jpg 1 Vanderbilt  SEC

louisville.jpg 2 Louisville  ACC

Arizona_State_Baseball.png 3 Arizona State  Pac-12

florida_gators31.jpg 4 Florida  SEC

University_of-Miami_logo.jpg 5 Miami  ACC

texas_tech.jpg 6 Texas Tech  Big 12

georgia_logo.jpg 7 Georgia  SEC

michigan_logo.jpg 8 Michigan Big 10

New Mississippi State Logo 9 Mississippi State  SEC

NEWUCLALOGO.png 10 UCLA  Pac-12

arkansas.jpg 11  Arkansas  SEC

fsu_logo.jpg 12 Florida State  ACC

auburn_logo.jpg 13 Auburn  SEC

lsu.jpg 14 Louisiana State  SEC

duke_logo.jpg 15 Duke  ACC

On 1/23/2020 at 11:08 PM, Tigerbelle said:

3 weeks!!!

Seeing your post reminded me...there's a little age on it, but were you aware?

Twins 2019 Draft Pick To Have Tommy John Surgery

Aug 24 2019 06:16 PM | Seth Stohs in Minor Leagues

Unfortunate news from the Minnesota Twins minor league system came out on Saturday night. According to Le Soliel, a French Canadian newspaper in Quebec, Twins 2019 draft pick Edouard Julien will have Tommy John surgery in early September.

No I had no idea!  Hope it worked out well for him. I'd love to watch him play in the Big League soon.

Maybe that was the reason he struggled a little last season.....

23 hours ago, TigerCatcher said:

Seeing your post reminded me...there's a little age on it, but were you aware?

Twins 2019 Draft Pick To Have Tommy John Surgery

Aug 24 2019 06:16 PM | Seth Stohs in Minor Leagues

Unfortunate news from the Minnesota Twins minor league system came out on Saturday night. According to Le Soliel, a French Canadian newspaper in Quebec, Twins 2019 draft pick Edouard Julien will have Tommy John surgery in early September.

Somebody who speaks French want to translate? :)

I’m pumped.  Should be another good season.  Hopefully I can make it to a game this season.  Used to love watching the baseball games when it was starting to get warm in Auburn.

21 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Somebody who speaks French want to translate? :)

Yeah.

Sounds like he hurt his elbow...........badly.

Gonna need surgery.

Im here for you.:beer2:

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Is it just me that is surprised that Ryan Bliss didn't get at least 2nd team on the Coaches Pre-Season All-SEC?

Bliss is moving over to SS and hasn't played there in conference before, so I'm not at all surprised.  Aaaaaand, this league if freaking loaded at that position.

That said, Woley was the only position player from Auburn named to the team as a 1B, which he won't play in all likelihood.  That should remind us how much stock to put in a pre-season all star list.  It's how you finish that matters.  Bliss will be by far the most athletic at his position.

• ellitor changed the title to Baseball preview. Auburn #8
16 hours ago, TigerCatcher said:

Bliss is moving over to SS and hasn't played there in conference before, so I'm not at all surprised.  Aaaaaand, this league if freaking loaded at that position.

That said, Woley was the only position player from Auburn named to the team as a 1B, which he won't play in all likelihood.  That should remind us how much stock to put in a pre-season all star list.  It's how you finish that matters.  Bliss will be by far the most athletic at his position.

Ryan Bliss is just a natural, instinctive baseball player.  He was born to play the game. I think he will be a great SS for Auburn and I can't wait to see him in action.

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Ryan Bliss is just a natural, instinctive baseball player.  He was born to play the game. I think he will be a great SS for Auburn and I can't wait to see him in action.

He was one of my favorites from last year and I can't wait to see how he has progressed. I'm picking him to be the breakout player this year. 🤞

10 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Sorry kinda OT but check out South Alabama’s new clubhouse! 😍 as a USA alum I’m very proud lol 

Very nice but plastic hangers........... j/k j/k it looks great

On 2/7/2020 at 4:29 PM, mustache eagle said:

Hope he has the arm

deep ss is a long way from 1st

I take it at face value that you have doubts.  He has plus speed and excellent footwork, will get to balls quicker than anybody else we could trot out to the 6 spot which will typically shorten throws.  As an 18 year old PG had him at 86 mph across the infield.  That's not Furcal big, but it's more than adequate.  

Pretty cool that Coach Baird gets to see this thing come full circle.  Only way it could have been better would have been to have a certain former catcher as HC, but I for one am thrilled that it worked out the way it has.  Those of us who've been through it have lived a tortured existence around Hitchcock Field...Renfroe, Slater, Pawlowski, and Golloway.  I guess it's true that it's always darkest before the dawn.

Archived