Pat Nix hired at Central-Phenix City

GwillMac6

6 hours ago, AidiAU said:

WHAT. 

Big news for our area. And recruiting...hopefully. 

I got so much tunnel vision right now I'm pissed at this because this doesn't help with 5 🌟 DB Kool Aide. That's all I'm worried about this move effecting now.

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I got so much tunnel vision right now I'm pissed at this because this doesn't help with 5 🌟 DB Kool Aide. That's all I'm worried about this move effecting now.

FWIW I don't think Pat staying or leaving Pinson will or would have an affect on where QMK goes. I think where ever he goes whether it be us, Clemson, or Bama will be where he would go anyway. I'm open though to WDE saying different.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW I don't think Pat staying or leaving Pinson will or would have an affect on where QMK goes. I think where ever he goes whether it be us, Clemson, or Bama will be where he would go anyway. I'm open though to WDE saying different.

We need all the help we can get in getting the first ever 5 🌟 corner in the rivals era to commit to us. Pat wouldn't of pushed the kid to AU but it was nice that every weekend we had in our back pocket his coach and one of his teammates are going to a AU game to see his former QB start for AU. I mean it def didn't hurt us that's for sure.

You seemed more optimistic shortly after the iron bowl when AU got a crystal ball from Mark Murphy. Did I miss something? Something change?

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We need all the help we can get in getting the first ever 5 🌟 corner in the rivals era to commit to us. Pat wouldn't of pushed the kid to AU but it was nice that every weekend we had in our back pocket his coach and one of his teammates are going to a AU game to see his former QB start for AU. I mean it def didn't hurt us that's for sure.

You seemed more optimistic shortly after the iron bowl when AU got a crystal ball from Mark Murphy. Did I miss something? Something change?

No. I just mean the pick was worth noting. There's still quite a bit of Clemson chatter.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. I just mean the pick was worth noting. There's still quite a bit of Clemson chatter.

Can they just left us have this one?!?!? LEAVE US ALONE DANGIT!!!!!!!!!!!! They beat us for AJ Terrell and Andrew Booth. I JUST ONCE WANT A 5 STAR CORNER!!! PLEAAAAAASEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. GIMME! GIMME. GIMME!!!!!! We are stuck in the same nightmare over and over AND OVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! hahahaha. 

rtt.gif

rtrt.gif

45455434ggg.gif

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We are stuck in the same nightmare over and over AND OVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! hahahaha. 

So, you get 20 first dates with 3* corners and you're still not happy? You'd rather have one 5*? Man up and handle the 20!

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, you get 20 first dates with 3* corners and you're still not happy? You'd rather have one 5*? Man up and handle the 20!

It is just something I want to check off the bucket list. Ya feel me? I have always wanted to live to see AU sign a 5 star corner. Of course it also helps in getting the best players possible for AU. I would love if we could become DB U like LSU has in the modern era and recently. I wish we could sigh a 5 star Corner ALL THE TIME or at least consistently! But I mean we are not hurting at that position talent wise with how we have recruited lately. We get better than 3 star corners ever since Muschamp became our DC and we have not looked back since even after he and T ROB left. We are in great hands when it comes to recruiting the CB's and Safeties with Crime Dawg and MUHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY MARCUS WOODSON!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!! WAR EAGLE BAAAAAY BAAAAAAY!!!

41 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Wasn't Rose a 5* corner? Jonathan I think was his name

https://247sports.com/Player/Jonathan-Rose-440/high-school-4196/

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I thought he was. Maybe on one site he was? Oh well.

Rose is our third highest rated CB ever in the composite in the star era (early 2000's). 
The highest rated are Kalvarez Bessent who barely lasted with the program and Stephen Roberts who as you all know went on to play safety at AU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kalvaraz-Bessent-23746/high-school-37945/

https://247sports.com/Player/Stephen-Roberts-27065/high-school-44075/

52 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Rose is our third highest rated CB ever in the composite in the star era (early 2000's). 
The highest rated are Kalvarez Bessent who barely lasted with the program and Stephen Roberts who as you all know went on to play safety at AU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kalvaraz-Bessent-23746/high-school-37945/

https://247sports.com/Player/Stephen-Roberts-27065/high-school-44075/

Per our all time commits page it was Nick Ruffin. He ended up at safety to though right?

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Per our all time commits page it was Nick Ruffin. He ended up at safety to though right?

I was going to include him but it says here https://247sports.com/Player/Nick-Ruffin-14238/high-school-2186/  his position was Safety under prospect info but then to the right it says he was the number 10 cornerback in the composite. And yes he was a safety at AU. All 3 of Ruffin, Bessent and Roberts were signed in the same class too. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I was going to include him but it says here https://247sports.com/Player/Nick-Ruffin-14238/high-school-2186/  his position was Safety under prospect info but then to the right it says he was the number 10 cornerback in the composite. And yes he was a safety at AU. All 3 of Ruffin, Bessent and Roberts were signed in the same class too. 

The Safety was something they never corrected on his profile. He was rated as a CB by the composite & 247 only rankings so I say go with that.

Glad for Pat to land such a good gig and so much closer to Auburn for the family. 

Sidenote - There had been a bunch of scuttlebutt that DuBose was going to end up at Lagrange. Lowndes is a better gig for him. Hope we don't lose traction at that school now. 

On 1/14/2020 at 11:51 PM, GwillMac6 said:

We are in great hands when it comes to recruiting the CB's and Safeties with Crime Dawg and MUHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY MARCUS WOODSON!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!! WAR EAGLE BAAAAAY BAAAAAAY!!!

Cross ya fingers for ya boy sticking around. He's being wooed back home. 

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

Lowndes is a better gig for him. Hope we don't lose traction at that school now. 

If we do it won’t have anything to do with Dubose. He had no factor in us missing the guys we missed on from Phenix City.

Archived