Men VS. Alabama Game Thread

abw0004

Just now, jw 4 au said:

Purifoy has been mostly silent tonight.  I was expecting more from him this season, he has skills to be the man, but goes quiet from time to time. Need him to pick it up tonight and start hitting some threes and hitting the offensive boards. 

Unless he has a running start lay-in his inside game looks like shot put

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

these foul calls are sooo what the hell

Seriously. The lead isn't insurmountable so we are in it we just have to let the worst half of ball we've played all year be behind us

Just now, Potatooooooes!! said:

They should practice free throws instead

We just got unlucky with Cambridge and Flannigan going to the line. 2 worst free throw shooters in our rotation. Even over j'von.

Wiley missed 2 in a row which he hasn't been doing hardly at all this season.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Unless he has a running start lay-in his inside game looks like shot put

I swear he missed 3 point blank put backs on one possession.... SMH.

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I do more ball movement just shifting position on the couch. 

We have not run any semblance of an offense. Just stand 8 ft outside the 3 point line and dribble around.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

We just got unlucky with Cambridge and Flannigan going to the line. 2 worst free throw shooters in our rotation. Even over j'von.

Jvon at least has been improved on his FT’s in recent games. Flan and DC have that odd 2k release that you never choose. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I swear he missed 3 point blank put backs on one possession.... SMH.

In his defense, he was being hammered but of course no foul calls. 

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

We have not run any semblance of an offense. Just stand 8 ft outside the 3 point line and dribble around.

I’m hoping we can adjust, and typically we can. But it’s usually not from a deficit this large. 

Refs need to get their s*** in order too. 

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

They should practice free throws instead

Bruce will be overjoyed to have your input. Better email him with that advice. I'm sure he has no idea....

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Cambridge & Flanagan might as well hand it to the other team to take it out instead of shooting. Man, its some ugly FTs.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Jvon at least has been improved on his FT’s in recent games. Flan and DC have that odd 2k release that you never choose. 

So true!!! J'von stepped it up once conference play started. Same with okoro. *Knock on wood*. I've been most pissed at Flannigan not shooting well from three all season until last game. He was a good 3 pt shooter in high school.

So true!!! J'von stepped it up once conference play started. Same with okoro. *Knock on wood*. I've been most pissed at Flannigan not shooting well from three all season until last game. He was a good 3 pt shooter in high school.

He has the ability forsure, I’m just not a big fan of his release. Doesn’t look smooth at all

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Cambridge & Flanagan might as well hand it to the other team to take it out instead of shooting. Man, its some ugly FTs.

Cambridge almost hit nothing but air on both his attempts.....

J’von and Purifoy are gonna put it together 2nd half. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Really? Color me surprised.

Here's the thing, we're not down because bama is a better team or they're playing great defense. Of the 12 turnovers I would guesstimate that only 4 of them have been forced. We're playing out of control with no ball movement and just throwing passes over the players heads. Clean that up, hit a couple of open shots, and keep working the paint, and we can win.

Archived