Men VS. Alabama Game Thread

abw0004

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Games like this tend to be good wake up calls for teams like this. This program isn’t as bad as some of you seem to envision

Just now, Tiger said:

I just hate it's Bama

We all do....but it’s not a season breaker. 

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Jesus dude! Whatever. 

Tell me what you saw about tonight that gives you any semblance of positivity going forward? Adversity used to be our thing...now we just looked absolutely lost to the most middling team in the SEC. 

I knew slow starts would eventually lead to a loss, but not like that. Losing by 20 to bama is just sad. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Tell me what you saw about tonight that gives you any semblance of positivity going forward? Adversity used to be our thing...now we just looked absolutely lost to the most middling team in the SEC. 

Did you just all of a sudden forget this is just the second loss in the last.....whatever. 

War eagle, everyone. No one expected to go undefeated all year but it really SUCKS to have our first loss come to the turds in turdtown. Absolutely worst game we've played all year and if we played like we normally do on the offense we win this game. 21 turnovers isn't gonna cut it. Shooting 32% from the field isn't gonna cut it. Having our guards have more turnovers than points isn't gonna cut it.

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Did you just all of a sudden forget this is just the second loss in the last.....whatever. 

It’s not that we lost. It’s HOW we lost. bama wasn’t even playing well. We were just playing that awful. 

We looked like crap tonight and honestly we haven't played near our best Bball all season and still managed to only lose one game. All of you freaking out need to chill and take a step back. Sometimes a loss can be a very good thing for a team. We have a talented team. we are what 15-1 with a ton of room for improvement. War Damn Eagle. 

We all knew that we would not go undefeated.  But to lose to uat in anything is the absolute worst.  I can stomach a loss when you play well and just get beat.  But to play this badly does not sit well.  Bruce has to get their attention again and not let this happen again.  War Damn Eagle!!!  And good night. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Lol bro. Come on. This is college basketball. Games like this happen. You know this. Especially when the talent gap is not wide at all between 2 teams. 

I can see us having a lot of games like this on the road this season. We have talked all season long how bama is a lot better than we thought.

There was no way Auburn was going undefeated much longer. The knee jerk reaction is because it was Bama. The team is not lost, it’s just on display that they are severely lacking in areas.

Well, we just got exposed. Everything that we’ve been saying could lose a game did lose is this game. Free throws, slow start, and lack of offense. I thought our defense played well, but we let quick guards slice into us to easily.

samir and J’von...you gotta do better if you want the team to win.

i don’t have much of a gripe with coaching except I think we need to work on inside game more...we need more creativity there. Instead of one guy driving and trying to make a basket, dish it to Wiley for the jam...just look for a pass for crying out loud.

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Really hoping we don’t slide. But I think we will. FFS we may have peaked against UGA. 

I think we'll bounce back but sad to say i don't think it will be Saturday against FL. FL is great on defense and seem to have things figured out on offense. We can certainly win but i'm just not sure if it will be enough time to bounce back from losing to the turds. I'm really curious to see how this team will respond though b/c the critics were just waiting on us to lose to a non ranked team to talk mess about our schedule while SDSU gets applauded. This is still a good team but with very clear flaws that will get you beat against any team this year due to not being able to hit FTs. 

Guards are huge come tourney time and we had 2 of the best last year. I didn't expect Javon or Samir to live up to that but it's just unheard of that you can't trust your guards  to step up and make key FTs and layups to either get you back in the game or win it for you. I really feel that Ike is going to have to be that guy for us like we put the ball in the hands of Okeke in key moments. We shall see but despite us not being happy tonight this team has exceeded expectations thus far; just hoping we don't completely fall apart...doubt we will.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Lol bro. Come on. This is college basketball. Games like this happen. You know this. Especially when the talent gap is not wide at all between 2 teams. 

I can see us having a lot of games like this on the road this season. We have talked all season long how bama is a lot better than we thought.

Losing by 20 has me sour. The fact that it’s the bama has me sour-er.

1 minute ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

There was no way Auburn was going undefeated much longer. The knee jerk reaction is because it was Bama. The team is not lost, it’s just on display that they are severely lacking in areas.

Just...severely lacking...

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Losing by 20 has me sour. The fact that it’s the bama has me sour-er.

I rather get my ass kicked like we did than lose a fluky heartbreaker like the cats did to south Carolina. It's easy to get over and move on from games like this.

Screenshot_2020-01-15 auburn basketball 2019 - Google Search.png

Remember the last time we got blown out? The stats look very similar to this game. We shot 32.8 in the Kentucky game and 31.7 in this game. We shot 29.6 from 3 and 25% this game. We shot 63% from the line and 56.7% this game.

1 minute ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

The knee jerk reactioners are really going to lose their minds when they realize this isn’t an Elite 8/Final 4 team this year but 99% of us are very aware of it. I wanna see Jamal Johnson and Devon Cambridge and some of the other young bucks get meaningful minutes and improvements on a tournament team so they’re seasoned for next year. Enjoying the ride this year, regardless of how bumpy

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I knew slow starts would eventually lead to a loss, but not like that. Losing by 20 to bama is just sad. 

Bama is better than their record indicates but the quality of play by auburn was embarrassing. Losing was not that unexpected but the way we played?  the stuff we have been able to get away with for 10 or 15 minutes in most ball games finally caught up with the team tonight. There is a lot of work to be done.

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Screenshot_2020-01-15 auburn basketball 2019 - Google Search.png

Remember the last time we got blown out?

Some don’t care to remember. They got too much Auburn in them. 😳jk

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Bama is better than their record indicates but the quality of play by auburn was embarrassing. Losing was not that unexpected but the way we played?  the stuff we have been able to get away with for 10 or 15 minutes in most ball games finally caught up with the team tonight. There is a lot of work to be done.

Yep

Archived