Men VS. Alabama Game Thread

abw0004

What cost us tonight were two things:

1) terrible freethrow shooting (everyone knew it was coming)

2) SLOPPY play. We couldnt pass the ball tried to play WAY too fast. 

Positive:

jamal johnson has shot well the past two games from 3. That will help open up the middle of the floor. 

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, autigeremt said:

Some don’t care to remember. They got too much Auburn in them. 😳jk

We’ve also won in Tuscaloosa only 2 times in the last 11 tries 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I rather get my ass kicked like we did than lose a fluky heartbreaker like the cats did to south Carolina. It's easy to get over and move on from games like this.

I’d rather look like we even belong in the same building as the other team and lose on a buzzer beater than get blown out against a team who could barely fill their arena unless they offer stupid ass free hard hats against the rival. 

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

The knee jerk reactioners are really going to lose their minds when they realize this isn’t an Elite 8/Final 4 team this year but 99% of us are very aware of it. I wanna see Jamal Johnson and Devon Cambridge and some of the other young bucks get meaningful minutes and improvements on a tournament team so they’re seasoned for next year. Enjoying the ride this year, regardless of how bumpy

Agree. I certainly hope the bench gets more minutes. I think they could help us with shooting the 3. Let them have their highs and lows. Johnson has been pretty decent from 3. 

10 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

We all do....but it’s not a season breaker. 

Not at all. Well timed adversity. We have plenty of time to figure it out. And while Bama played well, and is pretty good team, and you could tell it was loud in there, we were playing uncharacteristically bad and were in the game until the final minutes. But man we played baaaad

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I’ve been watching Auburn basketball for over 20 years, so I hope you aren’t including me in this generalization. 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Not at all. Well timed adversity. We have plenty of time to figure it out. And while Bama played well, and is pretty good team, and you could tell it was loud in there, we were playing uncharacteristically bad and were in the game until the final minutes. But man we played baaaad

Yep, just hurts to lose against them. I would’ve taken losing the undefeated to any other team but them.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Yep, just hurts to lose against them. I would’ve taken losing the undefeated to any other team but them.

Yes. Exactly. This one hurts because it’s how we lost and who it was to. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Here's to winning 27 of our next 28. Isn't that how this works? We get blown out by an SEC opponent and then go off!

No, I think it's about getting blown out by bama and looking bad while doing it. Losing was not that much of a surprise but the poor play across the board is something you hate to see halfway through a season.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

My thoughts exactly

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve been watching Auburn basketball for over 20 years, so I hope you aren’t including me in this generalization. 

I’ll see you 20 and raise you 10. It’s called a joke. See jk????  😳

Just now, TigerJeep said:

Is no-one going to talk about the set up?  This was 100% SEC setup. But okay. We shot poorly. So just a loss. BS.  They got all the calls and no way they were to lose.  

SEC baby! 

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’d rather look like we even belong in the same building as the other team and lose on a buzzer beater than get blown out against a team who could barely fill their arena unless they offer stupid ass free hard hats against the rival. 

We played the absolute worst we could ever play and it was still a game for about 93% of the game.  I am impressed by bama honestly. Oats has completely elevated that teams play with the same team that were so offensively challenged with squeaky. They should of already beaten Florida. They will upset a few top SEC teams this year. 

I do not expect us to win at the O Dome but I do expect after this performance we will play a lot better than tonight. Teams can get over losses like this and it does not linger like heartbreaking close losses do. I just wish the next game was a home game against a bad SEC team so we could get right.

This is all I could think about seeing Jvon brick every FT and Samir throw the ball 10 feet above 7 footers heads

i don’t care how much we have to pay to get Green, this offense looks remedial without elite guard play 

2 minutes ago, TigerJeep said:

Is no-one going to talk about the set up?  This was 100% SEC setup. But okay. We shot poorly. So just a loss. BS.  They got all the calls and no way they were to lose.  

I think all of us agree they got the home cooking calls by a long shot, but we didn’t help it with our play either. Got it close several times and could never close the deal. If I’m remembering right it reminded me of the NCST game from a couple years back 

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If we absolutely were going to lose 1 of them then I rather it be to bama. I want that win at the O Dome so bad. THIRTY YEARS MAV!!!!!!! THIRTY YEARS!!!!!!!!!!! It is our SEC bball house of horrors like Death Valley is for us in basketball. I have had this game circled all off season as the game I most want. If I have to sell my soul with a ass whooping to bama for me to get it I WILL TAKE IT!!!!!!! lmao.

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

The similarity in those games are crazy. Both games we only had 3 players score over 10 (14,10,12 vs 13,10,10). In both games our starting SG scored 6 points. Both games our starting big man scored 10. In both games we had 8 assists and 6 steals. I can only hope that this is a wake up call like it was in the Kentucky game. It'll be interesting to see how the freshman, mainly Okoro, handle losing.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m still, and will adamantly remain on the side that doughty needs to come off the bench until he gets his mind right 

You're probably right but no way i can see Bruce doing that. He would have to have multiple games like tonight in order for that to happen imo. Bruce has put a decent amount of hype on Samir..not likely going to happen but i get where you're coming from.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

@GwillMac6

I’m changing my profile pic back. Too little too late. Hopefully the Wildcard, Bird Lawyer Charlie Kelly can lead us to a win against the jort-wearing-brackish-water-drinking-bath salt-smoking Gators. 

Maybe change it to something else......... This one clearly is not working hahahaha. We played our worst game in 3 years!!!! 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

If we absolutely were going to lose 1 of them then I rather it be to bama. I want that win at the O Dome so bad. THIRTY YEARS MAV!!!!!!! THIRTY YEARS!!!!!!!!!!! It is our SEC bball house of horrors like Death Valley is for us in basketball. I have had this game circled all off season as the game I most want. If I have to sell my soul with a ass whooping to bama for me to get it I WILL TAKE IT!!!!!!! lmao.

I would’ve taken losing to Edwards and UGA over bama lol

Archived