Men vs Florida Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purifoy needs to stop taking shots right now. He's 2-10 from the field and 1-6 from 3 with an airball. Okoro and/or Wiley need to touch the ball at least once every possession.

This team's ceiling: continues Auburn's resurgence as an NCAA tournament team.  Would like to see smart basketball through the struggles at least...

1 minute ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Florida has shown some ways of being more creative inside, and we need to do the same. Wiley getting a basket after backing down a defender isn't going to work consistently.

When people say the beauty of your offense is in its simplicity (more of a last year take than this year's, but this year's is even simpler so..), this is basically the equal and opposite reaction that beauty

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

The announcers have said it multiple times.

It’s not based on the facts then. Is what it is. He’s got some talent for sure and could end up making 3rd team All-SEC  I think. There’s just so many better guys at his spot that it’ll take much better play on his part. I’d love to see it obviously. POTY talk though is just silly. 

That okoro play where he made a great defensive play but couldn't save it and led to a Florida 3 is just how it's going to be. Our offense is not going to travel vs teams with a pulse. We are going to play horrid away from home unless we just play a truly bad team 

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Play the ball through Wiley if we want offense. Let's go

Wiley and Okoro need to be the decision makers on offense...work the ball through them, I agree.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

This looks worse than a bunch of guys getting together for a random pick up game.

even us old fatboys? lol

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Purifoy needs to stop taking shots right now. He's 2-10 from the field and 1-6 from 3 with an airball. Okoro and/or Wiley need to touch the ball at least once every possession.

That’s better than most, sadly. 

I am still very upset that Bruce decided not to bring in a grad transfer guard.  What we have doesn't seem to have what it takes to lead this team.  Sporadic good performances are short lived and short sided.  Neither Javonnor Samir are consistent enough for us to be greatly successful.

Lol these fans are chanting FBI. I'm shocked these kids remember something from 2 years ago.

This team isn't playing with heart right now. Bama loss broke their spirit. Looking lost on D and sloppy on O. 

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

This team's ceiling: continues Auburn's resurgence as an NCAA tournament team.  Would like to see smart basketball through the struggles at least...

I figured this would be a down year but in Auburn fashion, they somehow got my hopes up. I think Auburn could figure some things out if they continue pressing buttons but the in conference gauntlet is hitting them hard. They just dont have enough time to re-shape what they're doing, and with one of their two playmakers being hurt/out of it mentally, they really can't do anything. 

1 minute ago, Tigerfinz said:

I am still very upset that Bruce decided not to bring in a grad transfer guard.  What we have doesn't seem to have what it takes to lead this team.  Sporadic good performances are short lived and short sided.  Neither Javonnor Samir are consistent enough for us to be greatly successful.

I think he tried 2-3 different guys. 

Just now, Tigerfinz said:

We tried rajyon Tucker spurned us for Memphis first then pro. He is averaging 23 ppg in the G league. He would be a game changer.

Archived