Men vs Florida Game Thread

Maverick.AU

well i bet the team improves during the year. i have faith in bruce to have us playing better..............but i doubt we final four bound but maybe...........

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I figured this would be a down year but in Auburn fashion, they somehow got my hopes up. I think Auburn could figure some things out if they continue pressing buttons but the in conference gauntlet is hitting them hard. They just dont have enough time to re-shape what they're doing, and with one of their two playmakers being hurt/out of it mentally, they really can't do anything. 

They're going to be what I figured they would be.  It's disappointing though for our guard play to not even be "a couple steps back from last season" but to be a legitimate liability.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

I don’t even think my old, out of shape rear end would play as bad as some of what I’m seeing.

well i sucked before i got or fat......lol but lord i love the game.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I figured this would be a down year but in Auburn fashion, they somehow got my hopes up. I think Auburn could figure some things out if they continue pressing buttons but the in conference gauntlet is hitting them hard. They just dont have enough time to re-shape what they're doing, and with one of their two playmakers being hurt/out of it mentally, they really can't do anything. 

This is a testament to how good a coach Bruce is. The talent level on this team had no business starting 15-0. We have massively over achieved.

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

This team isn't playing with heart right now. Bama loss broke their spirit. Looking lost on D and sloppy on O. 

Well we better get more mentally tough real fast or it’s gonna get much worse. No time for whining or feeling sorry for yourself in this league as you know. 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Okay, Doughty! Lets see if he can shoot his way out of the slump. We need someone to take over.

Lol Doughty another 3! 49-43 UF!

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

You can’t tell me there wasn’t a foul underneath lol

Wiley was hammered and pushed. But those aren’t fouls against us. 

Never seen a team shoot worse at the rim than us two games in a row. You can tell when it's not meant to be when anytime we have a missed opportunity they go down and score. 4 point swing there.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think he tried 2-3 different guys. 

That may be the case. However, Bruce has said multiple times that he didnt bring in one,  because he felt Javon had earned the right to run the team.  That is a noble and respectable decision, but can be detrimental to the success  of the team.  Perhaps he was trying to publically show his support for and belief in Javon. Even if it is just for show.

how in the world do we miss so many  layups? after last year i have been taking those for granted. and dismal  free throw shooting.

2 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

That may be the case. However, Bruce has said multiple times that he didnt bring in one,  because he felt Javon had earned the right to run the team.  That is a noble and respectable decision, but can be detrimental to the success  of the team.  Perhaps he was trying to publically show his support for and belief in Javon. Even if it is just for show.

Lol that's Bruce always the great salesmen using that as a way to speak to future recruits about loyalty. Rajyon Tucker would have made us a much better team.

Archived