Men vs Florida Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm being Captain Obvious here, but we sure do miss Harper, Brown, and Okeke. Javon and Doughty have not picked up the slack. In fact, Doughty seems to be worse than last year. 

Im afraid we are gonna lose a lot of games this year.  Hope we can figure some things out.  Our defense is really good, when we decide to get after it. I never have thought we wouldn't be able to fine any kind of offensive consistency.

11 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

That may be the case. However, Bruce has said multiple times that he didnt bring in one,  because he felt Javon had earned the right to run the team.  That is a noble and respectable decision, but can be detrimental to the success  of the team.  Perhaps he was trying to publically show his support for and belief in Javon. Even if it is just for show.

Bruce said that because they didnt bring in one lol. Bruce would've had something else prepared to spin it a different way if they did. His speeches have unfortunately carried Jvon as up as Jvon intends on going it appears

2 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Why can’t we just have losses where we just simply get beat (in any sport)? We have to make sure we look absolutely awful every time we lose. 

and make it some big deal for the other team (UF's first top 5 win as an unranked team or something since the 90s...)

I hope we have some 3 point shooters coming in. Our outside shooting is worse than pathetic. It's Non Existing.  We struggle to go .500 for the league the rest of the way at this rate.

1 minute ago, kennypowers said:

We really are not very good as a team.

Not on the road. Our fans when they watch more and more bball will realize that's just how college ball operates. Always has. Basketball home court is the biggest for any college sports. We just got to hold serve at home and steal some on the road against the bottom of the SEC.

what happened to cole and the other cat that usually give us a lot of insights? i never saw a pregame thoughts thread either.

2 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Im afraid we are gonna lose a lot of games this year.  Hope we can figure some things out.  Our defense is really good, when we decide to get after it. I never have thought we wouldn't be able to fine any kind of offensive consistency.

We will go 2-0 next week. College basketball is as simple as who is playing at home.

This is another tough game to watch. The rims on these 2 rd games have not been kind but more concerning is lack of D. FL guys are wide open for 3 and under rim.  We do not have the shooters for that style

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not on the road. Our fans when they watch more and more bball will realize that's just how college ball operates. Always has. Basketball home court is the biggest for any college sports. We just got to hold serve at home and steal some on the road against the bottom of the SEC.

As a team, we are not very good.  Individuals have talent but not a team mentality nor the skills at PG to operate as one 

Archived