Men vs Florida Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Wearing white, that's the hex breaking vibe we needed in that building @GwillMac6

Lol welp. That start is just like all the others in the O dome.

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Two straight years of seemingly every game being a slow start the first ten minutes of game time...

only difference is last years team could overcome it. This years can’t 

Exactly. Last year I never felt any game was out of reach because we could shoot our way back into it. We simply don’t have the firepower we did last year and we don’t seem to be very disciplined.

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wiley is a good rebounder but man that guy has an unusual problem with grappling the ball 

it sucks that our spacing is so poor bc of how much it hurts Okoro’s skill set 

I don't like us running our offense through Wiley. He is not a skilled enough post player for that. I like when he gets easy looks off of our wings breaking down the defense and finding Wiley for a easy basket. We are not going to be able to consistently score by letting Wiley go 1 on 1.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Exactly. Last year I never felt any game was out of reach because we could shoot our way back into it. We simply don’t have the firepower we did last year and we don’t seem to be very disciplined.

Last year was analogous to 2010 Auburn football. Anytime Auburn was behind you just felt they were toying with the opponent until the right time

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I don't like us running our offense through Wiley. He is not a skilled enough post player for that. I like when he gets easy looks off of our wings breaking down the basket and finding Wiley for a easy basket. We are not going to be able to consistently score by letting Wiley go 1 on 1.

I mean it’s low % analytically, but the looks would be a lot better if guys didn’t get it to him 8 seconds of re-asserting post position. You’ll hear it from the commentators when he has a good game, but he’ll be working his ass off just to get it late. 

(also I feel like it’s one of the more dependable sources of offense we got this year unfortunately) 

Archived