NCAA Mascot Championship

FUZZYAUFAN

16 hours ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

Aubie finished second to Chip from Colorado. I think Aubie also finished second last Year  

https://cubuffs.com/news/2020/1/18/spirit-chip-wins-his-third-mascot-national-championship.aspx

Aubie should win every year but I'm biased because I think he's hilarious. By the way, looking at your screen name, were you by any chance ever an Aubie? I went back through the thread created by @ToraGirl  about name origins and didn't see you in it. Just curious if this post had more than just a casual interest for you. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Aubie should win every year but I'm biased because I think he's hilarious. By the way, looking at your screen name, were you by any chance ever an Aubie? I went back through the thread created by @ToraGirl  about name origins and didn't see you in it. Just curious if this post had more than just a casual interest for you. 

We have a mystery on our hands ...

scooby.gif

Aubie is the best mascot in the country and everybody knows it. He doesn't have to win a mythical "National Championship" for that statement to be true.

image.png

Aubie's National Titles

Capital One Mascot of the Year

UCA Mascot National Champion

1991, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2012, 2014, 2016

Mascot Hall of Fame

First Inductee: 2006

58 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Aubie's National Titles

Capital One Mascot of the Year

UCA Mascot National Champion

1991, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2012, 2014, 2016

Mascot Hall of Fame

First Inductee: 2006

Impressive list but being the first inductee in the Mascot HOF is a pretty cool achievement. 

On 1/18/2020 at 8:56 PM, FUZZYAUFAN said:

Aubie finished second to Chip from Colorado. I think Aubie also finished second last Year  

https://cubuffs.com/news/2020/1/18/spirit-chip-wins-his-third-mascot-national-championship.aspx

No way Chip could’ve pulled this off if he had played the schedule Aubie played. 

On 1/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, gr82be said:

No, this 50 year old never had the dancing and athletic talents to be Aubie. I just saw a tweet from Aubie about the competition and looked up the results. 

3 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Does it bother Aubie to lose?

I hear he is bringing in a new offensive mojo booster to hand over the reigns to, but since this is an even year, we know nothing will change. His real problem (and for the last couple of years) is the predictable to the tee-shirt pass game. We all know the tiger is ground animal, and the run will always setup the use of the "War Eagle" cheer calling through the air.  

4 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Does it bother Aubie to lose?

Even if it does you know what they say about a tiger never changing it's stripes. 

Word is that Spirit will soon be out at Auburn for good. Apparently it was well hidden, but alcohol was involved in the sky box incident. There are other things that can't really be discussed. Spirit will be joining Steve Sarkisian in the booth, along with 20 other failed/rehabing mascots to work with Big Al. I'm told Al will make his first flight attempt at Alabama's homecoming in 2020.

3 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Word is that Spirit will soon be out at Auburn for good. Apparently it was well hidden, but alcohol was involved in the sky box incident. There are other things that can't really be discussed. Spirit will be joining Steve Sarkisian in the booth, along with 20 other failed/rehabing mascots to work with Big Al. I'm told Al will make his first flight attempt at Alabama's homecoming in 2020.

Big Al did not have a good week of practice. 

giphy (6).gif

Aubie is the best.....period.....

When they award first place to any other mascot, it comes with a...

giphy.gif

Daughter #1 went to CU-Boulder and #2 went to Auburn. I've had the pleasure of watching both mascots for many many years - craziest thing I've seen Chip do is ride a skateboard down the stairs of the upper deck at Sun Devil stadium. If you have every been there you know how absolutely insane that is. Both are great entertainment and represent their schools magnificently. I am sure they both push each other to better performances - and it won't be long until Aubie jumps back to #1.

I think the Me Too movement might have played a role. He really needs to be more careful. 

9.gif

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I think the Me Too movement might have played a role. He really needs to be more careful. 

9.gif

I laugh, but the left have gotten so nuts.....you may actually be right.

26 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I laugh, but the left have gotten so nuts.....you may actually be right.

Leave the political views in the political forum, please.

Archived