hopes for next couple of years?

homersapien

I'd like to emulate the style of the Tennessee Titan's run centric offense with a stud - or two - running backs, multiple tight ends and a powerful offensive line.  (The latter should be a priority in recruiting/development.)

If you can consistently run the ball, a passing game will follow - or it should

A run dominent offensive style of football is just more satisfying and fun to watch (at least to me). 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I'd like to emulate the offensive style of the Tennessee Titan's run centric offense with a stud - or two - running backs, multiple tight ends and a powerful offensive line.  (The latter should be a priority in recruiting/development.)

If you can run consistently run the ball, a passing game will follow - or it should

A run dominent offensive style of football is just more satisfying and fun to watch (at least to me). 

Give me all of Andy Reid’s style. Always has great offense and molds his offense around his players strengths. He also doesn’t have to have a Mahomes to have a great offense. 

For...

Auburn to be physical on the O-line and push defenses around again.

To develop a mid-range passing game. We did see some slants last year so maybe there is hope. 

Gus to be a CEO coach and let Morris do his job. If he doesn't then I hope to win the lottery. As long as I'm in Fantasyland I'll add...

giphy (2).gif

The offense will NEVER change as long as Gus Malzahn is Auburn's head coach and the OC. I know, Chad Morris was hired as Auburn's OC/QB coach. However, Gus is the true OC of this ship and we all know it. Chip knows it, Rhett knows it, Dillingham know it Chad will realize it soon enough.

Don't forget this. Everytime Gus hired a new OC, he tells the press that he's turning over the offense 100% the new OC. But what happens every time? Gus takes it over at point.  Do you really want this offense to get better and put Auburn back at the top? then fire Gus and bring in a top head coach who can also recruit like crazy. Otherwise, keep enjoying Gus's high school coaching who ave. 4 loses every year and losing more bowl games.

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

The offense will NEVER change as long as Gus Malzahn is Auburn's head coach and the OC. I know, Chad Morris was hired as Auburn's OC/QB coach. However, Gus is the true OC of this ship and we all know it. Chip knows it, Rhett knows it, Dillingham know it Chad will realize it soon enough.

Before Chad came on board he should have gotten clear and understandable job description from Gus.

To have fun again watching Auburn football. For AU finally to have a true pass first offense that is exciting to watch and wins a lot of games.

3 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Since we are stuck with Gus for a while he should book a ticket to SF and hang out with Kyle Shanahan for a long while. 

Damn. Beat me to it!

My hopes every year are that we will develop and utilize the talent on the team, and maximize each players ability. Then, every year, those hopes are shattered due to our HC.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

........or maybe the SF 49'ers style of offense. ;)

They're run centric too.

Need a strong offensive line, a quality fullback and a talented tight end. Are any of these currently on the team?

14 hours ago, Paladin said:

Return to a true hurry up no huddle offense. Love to see Auburn Fast become a reality, not just a slogan. 

Passe'.

That's been "ruled" out (literally).

(And you can't overcome poor line play with speed or a "hurry-up" offense.)

9 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

My hopes every year are that we will develop and utilize the talent on the team, and maximize each players ability. Then, every year, those hopes are shattered due to our HC.

The prerequisite for that is better (more strategic) recruiting and development of those recruits.

For Bo, Tank, O'line, and Chad Morris to mature quickly and become an actual SEC caliber force. For us to take our slice of the pie from the turds or (back) from the corndogs to be the team that either threatens the west, or owns it outright. For regular wins and losses, instead of incompetence. 

I'll believe it when I see it though.

My hope is the rest of the SEC falls to a level of incompetence, combined with youth, that allows Auburn to win the conference. 

My hopes are that...

Gus hands over the offense completely to Chad and assumes the role of CEO

Chad revolutionizes the offense from blocking schemes and passing game to player utilization and development.

Chad remains at Auburn and becomes Gus' Mickey Andrews or Bud Foster

Limited substitutions during drives

Utilize our backs in the same manner as LSU and Clemson do/did in the passing game

The emergence of a true passing threat from the TE/HB position.

Receivers running and executing every route not just "their" routes

Development of better route running and the ability to create better separation.

Our new OL coach develops/instills a sense of mean/nastiness that is good for a personal foul every once in a while for unnecessary roughness.

Bo to navigate and deliver from the pocket better

Better down field accuracy from Bo

Better play calling early to settle down any early game jitters

Limit inefficient, low-percentage deep passes on 3rd and short

Better commitment to staying ahead of schedule and getting 1st downs rather than trick plays for the hell of it to kill drives.

We develop an elite pass rusher

TWILL continues to develop and assume more responsibility

We play a little less man coverage

Develop and commitment to an intense, insatiable bad attitude of kicking the dog crap out of everyone lined up across from us at every position on every down.

Everything @bigbird said, plus for our HC to start looking like a man in charge on the sideline, and not someone who is a nervous wreck. 

Archived