2020 4* C Cliff Omoruyi (Rutgers)

Dunndone414

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Cliff O to sign with AU so badly. This is the type of dude that we can excel with protecting the rim and just being bouncy and quick and catching lobs

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I want Cliff O to sign with AU so badly. This is the type of dude that we can excel with protecting the rim and just being bouncy and quick and catching lobs

They're going to basically have a green Akingbola the way Bruce seems to intend on using him, so it will be nice to have a few different looks at that position, just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

He took an official visit to Rutgers this past weekend. Guessing they get his commitment. Thought it would be ASU until I realized he was at Rutgers this past weekend.  

33 minutes ago, boomstick said:

He took an official visit to Rutgers this past weekend. Guessing they get his commitment. Thought it would be ASU until I realized he was at Rutgers this past weekend.  

I don't think anyone knows really. Everyone thought ASU after his OV there. I do know Rutgers has a really strong ace in the hole recruiter up their sleeves that we almost hired when we got Bowman.

56 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't think anyone knows really. Everyone thought ASU after his OV there. I do know Rutgers has a really strong ace in the hole recruiter up their sleeves that we almost hired when we got Bowman.

And they just upset Maryland tonight.  Talk about good vibes ..

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

Last visits don't always tell the story. Cliff is still trending big to Zona St.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Last visits don't always tell the story. Cliff is still trending big to Zona St.

Just feel like him deciding to commit this quickly after that visit is a sign that something went really well. He had said he wanted to come back down to Auburn for a visit. So, him not taking that visit along with the quick decision to commit makes me think Rutgers pulled it off last minute. 

11 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Just feel like him deciding to commit this quickly after that visit is a sign that something went really well. He had said he wanted to come back down to Auburn for a visit. So, him not taking that visit along with the quick decision to commit makes me think Rutgers pulled it off last minute. 

Maybe but 5 predictions has come in from 247 & Rivals since the announcement, a couple from guys that should have an idea, & all are for Zona St.

Also I just checked the Zona St. & Rutgers 247 boards. A lot of confidence coming from Zona St. Not much from Rutgers.

Interesting post by Hooks over on 247. Essentially say Rutgers and AU are likely last two schools in Cliff Omoruyi race.

180 from what I thought, with Arizona State getting most of the buzz the last couple days. 

26 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

It is probaly a two horse race now between your Auburn Tigers and his home team in Rutgers...

This staff has us on the edge of a modern Fab 5 type class.

Keep your fingers crossed, rub your lucky rabbit or do whatever you do for good AU luck!

Another guy on the Bunker who is supposedly an insider & has been right some before says it's Rutgers now despite Zona St still trending publicly.

Dammit. This probably will hurt us with Greg Brown too as his dad apparently said he wanted to play somewhere with big men in place. I'm presuming it's because the Brown family thinks Greg belongs on the perimeter. I personally don't know enough about his game other than his filthy dunks to provide any other opinion on that.

The longer we can get Cliff to push off his commitment the better I'll feel about our chances. If he commits tonight, I think it's Rutgers. If it goes through the weekend or we get a chance to go visit him this week/weekend or next week before he commits, I think we'll have a legit shot.

58 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Dammit. This probably will hurt us with Greg Brown too as his dad apparently said he wanted to play somewhere with big men in place. I'm presuming it's because the Brown family thinks Greg belongs on the perimeter. I personally don't know enough about his game other than his filthy dunks to provide any other opinion on that.

For me, I'm fine missing on Brown. IMO he's a 4 in our system, but his insistence on playing 2/3 could cause issues. With so much turnover and youth on the roster next year, I'm not sure it's the best fit for our situation. I'd love to be wrong though. 

Archived