2020 4* C Cliff Omoruyi (Rutgers)

Dunndone414

53 minutes ago, boomstick said:

For me, I'm fine missing on Brown. IMO he's a 4 in our system, but his insistence on playing 2/3 could cause issues. With so much turnover and youth on the roster next year, I'm not sure it's the best fit for our situation. I'd love to be wrong though. 

We are going to tell him whatever he wants to hear but he will be playing the Chuma role when it comes down to it if he does come to AU. He has even talked about AU recruiting him for said position as well. Selling him on the next Chuma. So we are being open and honest with him. A 4 in AU system is not banging down in the post anyways as we gleefully all know. WOOOOOOO!!!!!  So he will be on the perimeter so poppa brown CAN CHIIILLLLLLLLL OUT! hahaha.  He fits in really well as a uber athletic stretch 4 in BRUUUUUUUCE system. He is perfect for it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We are going to tell him whatever he wants to hear but he will be playing the Chuma role when it comes down to it if he does come to AU. He has even talked about AU recruiting him for said position as well. Selling him on the next Chuma. So we are being open and honest with him. A 4 in AU system is not banging down in the post anyways as we gleefully all know. WOOOOOOO!!!!!  So he will be on the perimeter so poppa brown CAN CHIIILLLLLLLLL OUT! hahaha.  He fits in really well as a uber athletic stretch 4 in BRUUUUUUUCE system. He is perfect for it.

I thought Chuma was mostly a three and not a stretch 4 in our system?

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nah, he played almost exclusively 4. Usually ran Jared, Bryce, and Dunbar and JVon and Samir as their backups at 1/2/3 last year. He played the position Danjel has played all season. 

Just now, ellitor said:

He was def a stretch 4 in some lineups. THe beauty of CHUUUUUUUUUUUMA he was so versatile and could just easily play the 3 and the 4 and even guard positions 2-4. MAAAANNNN I miss that dude. He was so fun to watch. 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If I'm not mistaken Chuma's soph year our starting 5 was:

Pg - Harper

SG - Brown

SF - Doughty/Malik

PF - Chuma

C - Mac

1 minute ago, boomstick said:

Nah, he played almost exclusively 4. Usually ran Jared, Bryce, and Dunbar and JVon and Samir as backups at 1/2/3 last year. 

I thought that was only late in the season when we were hot?

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

He was def a stretch 4 in some lineups. THe beauty of CHUUUUUUUUUUUMA he was so versatile and could just easily play the 3 and the 4 and even guard positions 2-4. MAAAANNNN I miss that dude. He was so fun to watch. 

Was looking recently because of a discussion on the bunker and realized he had 69 steals last year... BY HIMSELF! That’s more than the top two guys combined this year. He was so much more disruptive than we probably realized. 

Just now, boomstick said:

Was looking recently because of a discussion on the bunker and realized he had 69 steals last year... BY HIMSELF! That’s more than the top two guys combined this year. He was so much more disruptive than we probably realized. 

Bryce was def our best defender the previous season but man oh man Chuma took it to another level last year!!!! He absolutely was our best defender! Our very own personal swiss army knife who could do it all! Cannot wait to start watching him in the NBA next season! WOOOOO.

Screenshot_20200304-125744.png

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bryce was def our best defender the previous season

Disagree. He was great at times and then there were other times he was getting murdered out there.

Just now, ellitor said:

Disagree. He was great at times and then there were other times he was getting murdered out there.

Previous as in when we won the regular season title. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Previous as in when we won the regular season title. 

I know. Statement remains. He was great at times but inconsistent.

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20200313-232244.png

Screenshot_20200313-232252.png

I think Bryce had a really tough job with how good guard play was/is in the SEC.  The absolute worst teams in the SEC still can scrap out one that can score his ass off. 

I dont remember well enough to say Bryce was a better defender but he always impressed me w how good he could be with his physical deficiencies for a 2 guard. Chuma was about as smart as any defender on this level but he also was more physically gifted than anyone he matched up with

On 3/4/2020 at 1:49 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Dude Chuma could guard 1s as well. I thought Pearl was slightly over hyping his d until I saw him switch on Tennesses point guard in the regular season final last year when we beat UT at home. Expected him to get blown by, but nope, Chuma could actually hang. That's when I knew Bruce's hype of his d was legit. 

• 2 weeks later...

ASU mod on 247 said a few days ago that Rutgers is very unlikely and it is down to ASU and AU. He said ASU is probaly leading right now.

I still have this feeling that the longer this goes, the better it is for us. He announced he was committing soon right after his trip to Rutgers. Until that point, ASU had momentum and Rutgers seemed to pull it all away with the visit. But we've always been lurking and always been a finalist, even without a visit for quite some time. He may not pick us, but I think we have a much better chance now than we did two weeks ago.

3 hours ago, boomstick said:

I still have this feeling that the longer this goes, the better it is for us. He announced he was committing soon right after his trip to Rutgers. Until that point, ASU had momentum and Rutgers seemed to pull it all away with the visit. But we've always been lurking and always been a finalist, even without a visit for quite some time. He may not pick us, but I think we have a much better chance now than we did two weeks ago.

Still trying to figure out why ASU is such a big draw for him? Is it a coach?

To go all the way out west from NJ, to a conference that is not currently one of the big 3 or 4(ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC), and play seems strange..

33 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

To go all the way out west from NJ, to a conference that is not currently one of the big 3 or 4(ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC), and play seems strange..

Bobby Hurley is a pretty good coach IMO. That and there being a pretty good campus life in a warm climate might have some allure to a kid who's been living in NJ.

53 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

The Hurley family name is huuuuuuuuuge in jersey. Bobby Hurley's connections because of his pops run deep there. His dad is considered one of the best high school basketball coaches ever there.

Less than a week till his announcement guys!!! March 29th!! 6 days.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The Hurley family name is huuuuuuuuuge in jersey. Bobby Hurley's connections because of his pops run deep there. His dad is considered one of the best high school basketball coaches ever there.

Love me some Hurley too. He was on the first Duke team when I became a fan of theirs. But he is no Bruce Pearl. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Love me some Hurley too. He was on the first Duke team when I became a fan of theirs. But he is no Bruce Pearl. 

giphy.gif

Of course not Bruce is the 🐐. Just letting people know why ASU may win his recruitment.

10 hours ago, boomstick said:

& If we land Green you gotta think with likely the best freshmen Guard set in the nation our chances for any Big we want will increase.

Archived