2020 4* C Cliff Omoruyi (Rutgers)

Dunndone414

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Evan Daniels flipped his crystal ball from ASU to Rutgers today..... 🙄

Hard decision to read. I think the more indecision there is, the better shot we have.

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Hard decision to read. I think the more indecision there is, the better shot we have.

I mean it's most likely going to be Rutgers now. Something leaked. 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Is there a source or are you just saying because Daniels flipped his pick?

Daniels. He's one of the ones you pay attention too. And a day before his announcement? Not a good sign.

Screenshot_20200328-184444.png

Lol wtf did me you and the paladin all decide to post the same thing almost a hour after he announced!? So random.

Just now, ellitor said:

@jared52 beat me literally by seconds

Cliff tweeted it an hour ago. How are 4 people posting the same thing in the same dad gum minute? lol

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* C Cliff Omoruyi (Rutgers)
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Cliff tweeted it an hour ago. How are 4 people posting the same thing in the same dad gum minute? lol

I just happened to see a RT on Twitter. I don’t follow recruits. Also, church stream just ended so I probably missed an earlier tweet by one of the beats I follow. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Seriously!!!! I've never seen anything like it. It's not like he just announced and it's not like it was good news!!! Lol. Well that just sums up this recruitment. MOVING ON!!!! Hahahaahah

Cliff Omoruyi commits to Rutgers

by Bobby Deren

63 minutes ago

Rutgers basketball has landed a huge recruiting prize as four-star center Cliff Omoruyi just announced that he has committed to Rutgers. Today's commitment from the Roselle Catholic (Roselle, N.J.) big man is the biggest one of the Steve Pikiell era. Omoruyi is currently ranked No.43 in the class of 2020 per 247Sports.

The 6-foot-10 Omoruyi will also be able to come in and provide immediate help in the  Rutgers frontcourt this coming season. Omoruyi had a multitude of offers and was pursued by elite programs throughout the country.

“He is one of the most dominant defensive players in the country right now,” Roselle Catholic head coach Dave Boff told Scarlet Nation. “He’s got a developing offensive game. He makes some good moves around the rim, catches and finishes as well as anybody. And he is just continuing to grow and develop. He hasn’t been playing basketball for that long, and his best basketball is ahead of him.”

It came down to a three-way race between Rutgers, Arizona State and Auburn. Omoruyi took official visits to all three of those schools, with the last one at Rutgers. During that visit, Omoruyi had to leave campus because of a Saturday night game. However, the Rutgers players and coaches all showed up at that game in what was an impressive show of support.

Scarlet Nation publisher John Otterstedt was also on location to see Omoruyi play that night, along with many other games this past seaason, and offered up an assessment of what Rutgers is getting in one of the country’s top frontcourt prospects.

“We have seen Cliff play many times this year. He is a kid who clearly passes the eyeball test. He is tall, strong, and runs the floor well. When you see him, you’d think he spends hours in the gym each week, which I’m told by his coach isn’t the case. On the court, he is very active on defense, with a habit of making key blocks in big moments. His offensive game is less developed, but he isn’t afraid to grab rebounds and go to the basket. He would be a contributor to any college team in year one, but has enormous potential as he continues to learn the game and grows comfortable on the offensive side of the floor.”

Rutgers did not have a lot of frontcourt depth last season and it will also lose the services of Shaq Carter, who started the final six games of the season. That will open the door for Omoruyi to see a lot of minutes as a true freshman.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:00 PM, ellitor said:
  On 3/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, steeleagle said:

That, based on experience tells me he is staying close to home...

Actually that's not necesarily the case. The common denominator team wins more times than not even if they aren't projected to win by any sides.

I just felt he was going to stay closer to home, and he got such good feedback when the Rutgers players showed up at his HS  game when he couldn't stay on his last visit to Rutgers..something the far away schools could not have done. The common denominator just took a hit. :)

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I just felt he was going to stay closer to home, and he got such good feedback when the Rutgers players showed up at his HS  game when he couldn't stay on his last visit to Rutgers..something the far away schools could not have done. The common denominator just took a hit. :)

He's only been in this country a couple of years. His family doesn't even live in the states. Jersey is not exactly home. Rutgers just treated him like we are treating JG. He was their super bowl.

31 minutes ago, fishepa said:

120% committed?  So I guess his recruitment is over.

@fishepa basketball recruits don't flip often barring coaching changes.

Archived